Riot on Summoner Spells
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)
What are your thought on the current summoner spells?
Do you think some are lacking in power?
We know that flash is by and large a top tier summoner and everything else fights for tier 2. Generally we would say that more choice is better but in this case we haven't gone too far in trying to squash flash because we think the game is more fun and has some pretty great high "gamebreaking" moments built around the extreme power on an extreme cooldown that flash provides.
The idea that we have been kicking around if we were to ever revisit or update the summoners is to pick a few similar to flash style spells and buff them up majorly so that they could compete with smite directly (eg. ghost, teleport, etc). We'd probably have to make it so that you could only pick 1 of those "power summoners" if we knowingly made them strong.
Not forecasting any real changes, just sharing some thoughts we've had on the subject.
New Item Icons
Ravenous Hydra Sterak's Gage Titanic Hydra
Mordekaiser Ability Icons
Dead Man's Plate
- Armor lowered to 50 (down from 55)
Game and Champion Changes
- Noxious Trap [R] - Slow no longer decays over time. Mana cost reverted back to 75/100/125 (up from 70/85/100)
- Defensive Ball Curl [W] - Return damage increased to 25/35/45/55/65 (up from 15/25/35/45/55)
Red Buff and Cinderling
- Collision Radius decreased. Red down to 80 (from 100) and cinderling to 30 (down from 50)
- Now builds out of Giant's Belt instead of Ruby Crystal
- Health raised to 400 (up from 250)
- Damage to primary target lowered to 5 (down from 20)
- Active bonus cone damage lowered to 20+10% of your maximum health (down from 40+10%)
- Thanks IONDragonx
Patch Update - 10/08/2015
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)Fiora balance changes8/10/2015: Fiora's update launched in a bit of a weaker state than we had anticipated. We're sharpening her up with a few straightforward buffs.
- HEALTH GROWTH STAT 80 ⇒ 92
- ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT 2.5 ⇒ 3.3
- Q - Lunge
- COOLDOWN 18/16/14/12/10 seconds ⇒ 16/14/12/10/8 seconds
- COOLDOWN ON ENEMY HIT 7.2/6.4/5.6/4.8/4 seconds ⇒ 6.4/5.6/4.8/4/3.2 seconds
- COST 25/30/35/40/45 mana ⇒ 20/25/30/35/40 mana
- W - Riposte
- COOLDOWN 21/19.5/18/16.5/15 seconds ⇒ 19/18/17/16/15 secondsYasuo
Frost Queen's Claim
- BUGFIX Fixed a weird instance where Yasuo's Q - Steel Tempest could hit enemies in random spots of the map
- COOL IT Fixed a bug where the cooldown of Frost Queen's Claim's active effect was resetting improperly
Blitzcrank 8-Bit Animation
- Damage per level raised to 3.3 (up from 2.5)
- Health per level raised to 92 (up from 80)
- Lunge [Q] - Mana cost lowered to 20/25/30/35/40 (down from 25/30/35/40/45) and cooldown lowered to 16/14/12/10/8 (down from 18/16/14/12/10)
- Riposte [W] - Cooldown lowered to 19/18/17/16/15 (down from 21/19.5/18/16.5/15)
- Noxious Trap [R] - Mana cost lowered to 70/85/100 (down from 75/100/125)
- Neurotoxin [Q] - Reverted back to the live version but lowered to 4% current enemy health (down from 8%)
- Mace of Spades [Q] - Damage on first strike raised to 4/8/12/16/20 (up from 3/6/9/12/15). Health cost raised to 4/8/12/16/20 (up from 3/6/9/12/15).
- Judgment [E] - Damage changed to physical damage to nearby enemies 14/18/22/26/30 plus 34/35/36/37/38% (down from 20/25/30/35/40 plus 46/47/48/49/50%) now deals 33% increased damage when striking only one target.
This week's free champion rotation has been posted. These champions will become free to play starting tomorrow August 11th.
Incoming Fiora Buffs
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)
We're with you that Fiora seems to be pretty underpowered and are working on a set of buffs for her at the moment. One of those will increase her mobility, overall though at least for a first set of changes we're looking more to add baseline effectiveness to her. From the look of it we ended up being significantly too cautious about her balance overall.
Current changelist (note, work in progress, so not set in stone) looks like this:
HP / level 80 >>> 92
AD / Level 2.5 >>> 3.3
Q CD 18/16/14/12/10 >>> 16/14/12/10/8
W CD 21/19.5/18/16.5/15 >>> 19/18/17/16/15
- Noxious Trap [R] - Now reveals poisoned targets again
- Thick Skin [E] - Duration reverted to 6 seconds and decays again (changed back from 5 seconds)
- Essence Thief [Passive] - Passive healing now scales from 3/5/9/18 at levels 1/6/11/16
- Distortion [W] - Speed increased to 1450 (up from 1300)
- Neurotoxin [Q] - Cooldown raised to 6 seconds (up from 1)
- Siphon of Destruction [E] - Range increased to 675 (up from 650)
- Fracture [E] - Now has Passive: "Crystallizing enemies with Fracture and Impale grants Crystal Charge for the disable duration and reduces the cooldown of Fracture by the same " Cooldown raised to 13/12.5/12/11.5/11 (up from 12/11.5/11/10.5/10)
- Decisive Strike [Q] - Movement speed duration changed to 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 (changed from 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5)
- Courage [W] - Now grants 0.25 armor and magic resistance per minion kill (down from 0.3)
- Judgment [E] - Attack damage % lowered to 46/47/48/49/50% (down from 47/49/51/53/55%). Can now critical strike for damage again.
- Health Per level raised to 106 (up from 102)
- Armor Per level raised to 3.8 (up from 3.3)
- Health Per level raised to 89 (up from 85)
- Armor Per level raised to 4 (up from 3.5)
- Armor Per level raised to 4.5 (up from 4)
- Decimate [Q] - Mana cost lowered to 30 (down from 40)
- Crippling Strike [W] - Slow is now 90% at all ranks (changed from 40/50/60/70/80%)
- Apprehend [E] - Slow changed to 90% for 1 second (from 99% for 0.75 sesconds)
- Armor Per level raised to 3.6 (up from 3.1)
- Base damage raised to 61 (up from 59.5)
- Armor Per level raised to 3.75 (up from 3.25)
- Armor Per level raised to 4.3 (up from 3.8)
- Health Per level raised to 90 (up from 84.25)
- Movement speed reverted back to 345 (up from 330)
- Armor Per level raised to 3.5 (up from 3)
- Armor Per level raised to 3.7 (up from 3.2)
- Health Per level raised to 93 (up from 89)
- Dragon's Rage (R) - Bonus damage for enemy collision lowered to 12/15/18% (down from 15/18/21%)
- Surging Tides [Passive] - Movement speed raised to 60 (up from 40)
- Tidal Wave [R] - Now grants allies hit by the wave double the effect of Surging Tides
- Neurotoxin [Q] - REWORKED: Now poisons an enemy for 3/3/3/3/3 seconds, dealing 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.15) magic damage each second. Neurotoxin lasts 6/6/6/6/6 seconds when applied to monsters. It has a cooldown of 1/1/1/1/1.
- Fracture [E] - Slow duration raised to 2.5 seconds (up from 2) and mana cost changed to 55 at all ranks (from 50/55/60/65/70)
- Crystal Slash [Q] - Total AD ratio increased to .33/.36/.39/.42/.45(up from .32/.34/.36/.38/.4)
- Crystal Spire [Passive] : Area of effect increased by 63% and the attack speed granted is increased to 42% + 6% per level (up from 35% + 5% per level)
- Spire lock out increased to 15 (up from seconds from 10) and now only grants vision for enemies for 1.5 seconds (down from 10 seconds)
- Spires can not be captured until 1:30 game time
- Children of the Grave [R] - Now steals 25/30/35% of the target's maximum health (up from 20/25/30)
- Courage [W] - Minion kill bonus raised to 0.3 (up from 0.2) and maximum raised to 30 across all ranks (changed from 10/15/20/25/30)
- Judgment [E] - Base damage raised to 20/25/30/35/40 (up from 12/16/20/24/28)
- Perseverance [Passive] - Regeneration at level 16 reverted to 2% per second (up from 1.6% per second)
- Decisive Strike [Q] - Garen now moves up to 50 units towards his target when attacking with Decisive Strike from max attack range
- No longer slows when moving towards an enemy target
- Judgement now deals 25% reduced damage when hitting multiple units but no longer deals reduced damage to minions
Dead Man's Plate
- Now available in Summoner's Rift
- New Icon
I made an article about the upcoming reworks a few days ago but that was only talking about why they were necessary. Today's article is more talking about those reworks now that we actually have information on them. These changes are incredibly dramatic and I do not think anyone could have really predicted they'd turn out this way. They've been met with optimism, disgust, anger and all the same emotions you'd expect on Reddit. The changes do range from unique to stupid and I will give my opinions on each of the reworks here. Keep in mind that Riot can and likely WILL change some of these aspects of the champions - most likely numbers.