- Winter's Bite [ Q ] - Now costs 55/60/65/70/75 Mana (down from 60/65/70/75/80 Mana)
New Summoner Spell VFX: Flash, Clarity, Exhaust and Cleanse
- Winter's Bite [ Q ] - Now costs 55/60/65/70/75 Mana (down from 60/65/70/75/80 Mana)
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)
Hi guys, the Live Gameplay team is back with the Patch Forecast for 4.7. Here are the major issues we’re looking at. Keep in mind that since we just released patch 4.6, we’re still collecting data and analyzing how the latest changes we’ve done have affected prominent in-game issues.
1) Reworks Follow-up (continued)
Gragas may still have a few flaws holding him back from fully transitioning into his new role as a fighter/bruiser. Even after the recent changes in 4.6, we are still unsure if Gragas is in a good spot. Specifically, we want to ensure he can compete in the early game, and also ensure he has the ability to make big plays with his Barrel Roll and Explosive Cask. We’re looking for ways to continue buffing him as a disruptive team fighter, so look for more utility adds to his kit.
Kassadin recently received a few buffs, particularly when fighting against other magic damage dealers. We’re keeping a careful eye on Kassadin to make sure that he isn’t completely removing aspects of counterplay with his new damage/shield model. Rest assured if he gets picked in ranked games we’ll nerf him again (kidding).
Skarner is still being worked on carefully. We feel that stickiness is a significant part of his character fantasy, and that aspect is somewhat lacking, so we’re continuing to explore solutions!
2) Top Lane and the “Renekton Bar” (continued)
As Statikk stated in his last forecast (http://community.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/live-gameplay/BdiOr6zf-46-patch-forecast ), we’re continuing to look at champions that we think have interesting top lane gameplay and giving them stronger tools to survive in that environment. We feel like we’re seeing a little more diversity lately (Jax and Ryze have seen a resurgence lately), so we'll be slowing our approach, but look for Jarvan the 4th and Malphite to get a few minor adjustments to better equip them at fighting in the top lane.
- Winter's Bite [ Q ] - Now costs 60/65/70/75/80 Mana (up from 50/55/60/65/70 Mana)
A big number of SFX came with this patch for Braum and Pantheon and Lissandra's new skins.
Surprise Party Fiddle's Q seems to have gotten its party hat debuff back.
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)
Greetings PBE testers,
Today we pushed out some new features for Team Builder that are tentatively slated to go live in 4.7
If you find any bugs, please try to reproduce them and post the steps you used to do so in this thread. Doctah Wayne and I will verify and make sure they get patched up before they go live.
We're also looking for your general feedback and comments about Team Builder, particularly regarding these changes:
1. Most In-Demand Roles: Upon entering Team Builder as a Solo, you will see a real-time list of the most in-demand position/role pairs. (If you want to use one you can also just click the one you want and it will fill out the spec for you.)
2. Play Again Button: After you finish a game of Team Builder, the "Play Again" button is now clickable for Captains. Clicking it will automatically put you back into Team Builder and send invites to your premade from last game.
3. Invites say Team Builder: When your friend invites you to a Team Builder lobby, the invite will now specify Team Builder so you can tell the difference between TB and Blind Pick.
ReignOfGaming is giving away several dozen Curse Voice Beta Keys and you have the chance to be one of the lucky players to get their hands on one of them!
All you need to do is leave a comment with your first impressions of the newest LoL champ - Braum - formulated in one sentence.
On Saturday the lucky users will be selected through a random draw and will receive a PM here, on RoG, with the Beta Key they won.
You can enter only once though, so grab your lucky charms and drop us a line in the comments!
If you'd like to learn more about the benefits from Curse Voice, hop to the official site of the addon.
Important: Unofficial PBE Patch Notes for 4/22/2014 - Braum, Dragonslayer Pantheon, Blade Queen Lissandra, Night Hunter Rengar Splash, and Much More
Important: Braum, Тhe Heart of the Freljord, Revealed
Originally Posted by Riot (View RedTracker Source)Hey everyone!
That appears to be a mis-named string that went out. Braum's actual ability name is Unbreakable, not Immovable Object. Sorry for the confusion, that should be fixed up on PBE tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Riot (View RedTracker Source)...At least you can still out position it...also, if he turns, it turns.Braum's Unbreakable does not turn once you cast it. It locks your facing similar to Lucian's Culling and keeps the shield pointing the same direction while you move around.1. Braum's could have a faster travel time (purely speculation on my part, but it doesnt say "slow", and Nami's goes particularly slow)Braum ult and Nami ult have some core differences in use and what makes them powerful.
2. It could have a shorter range (based on the little "teaser" comic showing off his abilities, I'm pretty sure thats his ult in the top left)
3. Nami's ult only slows targets it hits, while Braum's leaves a slowing "field" behind in its path.
Similar yes, but different enough I think.
Nami ult has a short cast time, very long range, and a slow that scales as the missile travels. It's knockup is consistent throughout. The increasing slow time and consistent knockup makes Nami ult more powerful against back-liners than front-liners if they don't dodge it.
Braum ultimate leaves a slow zone on the ground where it travels, making it a stronger counter-engage and giving it zone control power. Also, the slow actually applied to targets is short, but refreshes while they are inside the zone, meaning that positioning the zone is very important rather than just the initial hit. Finally, Braum's knockup on the ult is 1.5 seconds for the first target and very short for all the targets after that, giving you more ability to play around where you leave the zone by reducing the power as the spell travels past the front-line into the back-line.
Update: The post now includes videos of all new skins (and champions ;) ), poros and new Sunfire Cape VFX!
Note: For a full look at his W's potential, make sure you watch the second video as well where an ally (to Braum) is in the game as well.
In the video you can hear (not in this exact order for now) special interactions with: [click on the spoiler button to read]
I've put it in a spoiler box, because it's too long to stay "in the open".
'Tell me a bedtime story, grandma.'
A bitter wind howls outside, whipping falling snow into devil whirls.
What kind? A tale of the Ice Witch, perhaps?
The girl crawls into her arms. 'Too scary. Tell me a story about Braum!'
'Ah, Braum!' The old woman smiles. 'There are so many. My grandmother used to tell me of the time Braum protected our village from the great dragon! Or once - this was long ago - he raced down a river of lava! Or -' She pauses; puts a finger to her lips. 'Have I told you how Braum got his shield?'
The girl grins and hops under the covers. The hearth fire snaps, holding off the wind.
Well. In the mountains above our village lived a man named Braum -
'I know that!'
'He mostly kept to his farm, tending his sheep and goats, but he was the kindest man anyone had ever met, and he always had a smile on his face and a laugh on his lips.
'Now, one day something terrible happened: a young troll boy around your age - was climbing the mountain and happened on a vault, set into the mountainside, the entrance guarded by a huge stone door with a shard of True Ice at its center. When he opened the door, he couldn't believe his eyes: the vault was filled with gold, jewels - every kind of treasure you could imagine!
'What he didn't know was that the vault was a trap. The Ice Witch had cursed it - and as the troll boy entered, the magical door CLANGED shut behind him and locked him inside! Try as he might, he couldn't get out.
'A passing shepherd heard his cries. Everyone rushed to help, but even the strongest warriors couldn't open the door. The boy's parents were beside themselves; his mother's wails of grief echoed around the mountain. It seemed hopeless.
'And then, to everyone's surprise, they heard a distant laugh.'
'I bet it was Braum!'
'Aren't you clever! Braum had heard their cries and came striding down the mountainside. The villagers told him of the troll boy and the curse. Braum smiled, nodded, turned to the vault, and faced the door. He pushed it. Pulled it. Punched it; kicked it; tried to rip it from its hinges. But the door wouldn't budge.'
'But he's the strongest man ever!'
'It was perplexing,' her grandmother agrees. 'For four days and nights, Braum sat on a boulder, trying to think of a solution. After all, a child's life was at stake.
'Then, as the sun rose on the fifth day, his eyes widened and a broad grin lit up his face. 'If I can't go through the door,' he said, 'then I'll just have to go through -'
The girl thinks; her own eyes widen. '- the mountain!'
'The mountain. Braum headed to the summit and began punching his way straight down, pummeling into the stone, fist after fist, rocks flying in his wake, until he had vanished deep into the mountain.
'As the villagers held their breath, the rock around the door crumbled - and when the dust cleared, they saw Braum standing amidst the treasure, the weak but happy troll boy in his arms.
'I knew he could do it!'
'But before they could celebrate, everything began to rumble and shake: Braum's tunnel had weakened the mountaintop, and now it was caving in! Thinking quickly, Braum grabbed the enchanted door and held it above him like a shield, protecting them as the mountaintop collapsed. When it was over, Braum was amazed: there wasn't a single scratch on the door! Braum knew it was something very special.
'And from that moment on, that magical shield never left Braum's side.'
The girl is sitting upright, beaming with excitement. 'Grandma, tell me another.'
'Tomorrow.' Her grandmother smiles; kisses her forehead; blows out the candle. 'For you need to sleep, and there are many more stories to tell.'
Damage: 56.2(+3.2 per level)
Health: 517(+87 per level)
Mana: 280(+45 per level)
Movement Speed: 335
Armor: 24(+4 per level)
Magic Resist: 31.25(+1.25 per level)
Health Per 5 Sec: 6.5
Mana Per 5 Sec: 5.5
Braum and his allies work together to stun a target.
|Winter's Bite [Q]||
Braum propels freezing ice from his shield dealing 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.025) [2.5% of Braum's Max Health] magic damage to the first target hit and slowing them by 70%, decaying over the next 2 seconds.
Applies a stack of Concussive Blows.
|Stand Behind Me [W]||
Braum leaps to a target allied champion or minion.
On arrival, Braum and the ally gain Armor and Magic Resist (20/22.5/25/27.5/30 plus 14/15.5/17/18.5/20% of Braum's bonus Armor/Magic Resist) for 3 seconds.
Braum reduces incoming damage and blocks for allies behind him.
Braum intercepts projectiles, causing them to hit him and be destroyed.
Braum gains 10% Movement Speed for the duration.
|Glacial Fissure [R]||
Braum slams the ground, knocking up enemies nearby and in a line in front of him. A fissure is left along the line that slows enemies.
Enemies hit take 150/250/350 (+0.6*AP) magic damage. The first champion hit is knocked up for 1.5 seconds, subsequent enemies are knocked up briefly.
For the next 4 seconds enemies that enter the area are slowed by 60% for 1.5 seconds.
Some of the sounds don't seem to quite work yet, but the skin is way prettier than the model viewer suggested.
- Double Up [ Q ] - LOOKS LIKE damage now scales with 0.35, but this has to be checked in-game!!!
- Brutal Strikes [ W ] - Now costs 25 Mana at all ranks (down from 50/55/60/65/70 Mana)
- Golden Aegis [ W ] - Now costs 30 Mana at all ranks (down from 45/50/55/60/65 Mana)
- Drunken Rage [ W ] - Cooldown is now 6 at all ranks (down from 8/7.5/7/6.5/6)
- Explosive Cask [ R ] - Range is now 1150 (up from 1050) - could be just a tooltip change to match the actual radius, we'll have to wait for the servers to come up
Originally Posted by Riot (View RedTracker Source)
The frozen peaks of the Freljord have for centuries punished the weak. But as these feared glacial lands host the graves of the frail, for the mighty, the land is a cradle, a place that elevates mere strongmen into true champions. Braum’s story started here, and as his strength and fortitude grew, so too did his legend. Today, his feats inspire all from the poorest of peasants to the fiercest of raiders. And as he prepares to bear his shield into battle once again, he goes knowing he carries the hopes and adoration of the Freljord’s people with him.Passive: Concussive Blows
Braum’s basic attacks apply Concussive Blows. Once the first stack is applied, all basic attacks from Braum and his allies apply further stacks. Targets that sustain four stacks are stunned and suffer bonus magic damage. After being stunned, Braum cannot apply Concussive Blows to his target again for a moderate duration.
Q: Winter’s Bite
Braum propels freezing ice from his shield in a straight line skillshot, dealing magic damage (based on Braum’s max health), slowing and applying a stack of Concussive Blows to the first target hit.
W: Stand Behind Me
Braum leaps to the aid of a nearby ally, positioning himself between his target and their nearest enemy champion, and granting both Braum and his target bonus armor and magic resist based on his total armor and magic resist.
Braum raises his shield in a target direction, negating the damage from the first attack from the shield’s direction and reducing the damage of all subsequent attacks as long as the shield is raised. Braum intercepts projectiles with Unbreakable, causing them to hit him and then be destroyed. He also gains a minor speed boost until he lowers his shield.
R: Glacial Fissure
Braum slams his shield into the ground, sending out a huge long-range skillshot that knocks up and damages all enemies caught before leaving behind a strong slow field.
Important: Patch 4.6 Notes
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)@RiotMorello Kassadin used to have a silence, no longer does. Leblanc and Cho'Gath both had theirs lowered in duration. Why?@JolanJoestar Silences are a problem when then character can kill you solo - it removes response.
This is why we haven't lowered say, Fiddles' or Soraka's. Additionally, some old ones are too long - like Rammus/Fids' CC was.
Sure, but that's why you don't put it on a class that can solo someone, like an assassin. You put it on disruptors!Agreed - this is why we tend to see this pattern on old champions where we had a looser grasp on such things.
So are there any plans to slowly phase it out of destructive champs and replace it with something better? In addition, Cho'Gath's passive, Q and W all got nerfed with no reasoning or equivalent buffs, why is that?Not all characters need "compensation" buffs if they're really strong without (see Cho)
Originally Posted by Riot (View RedTracker Source)Hi Summoners,
Since this is the patch the 2014 All-Star tournament will be played on, we’re taking it a little easy on the changes. After 4.5’s laundry list, here’s what we’re tackling next.
Reworks: We've released a number of reworks over the past few patches and we're committed to following up to get these champs to a better place. We saw quick opportunities to polish up Kassadin, Gragas and Rengar. We also have plans for Skarner, but we're going to keep him in the lab a little longer. You can read about our specific design intentions below, but the general theme (for all of the above) is to make these reworked champions more unique within their role while still preserving game health.
Top lane: We're particularly aware of low champion diversity - especially in competitive play. The current state of top lane is a couple of champs go to fight on an island and that makes the balancing act tricky. We know that nerfs won’t work because taking down today’s bullies (hi Renekton!) means that others would rise to the spot. Instead, we're going to be buffing(!) champions over time that have teamfight-oriented, healthy gameplay. In this vein we have changes in store for Jarvan IV, Malphite, Rumble and more, but Rumble is the only one shipping because he’s the only one done. Stay tuned, as this will be an ongoing project.
Onward to the patch notes!
PwyffIn this patch we've fixed a bug responsible for creating errors during the patching process. We've also added crash logging to the patcher as another tool to help us discover, track and fix issues going forward.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented new patches from properly updating game files
- Players can now submit logs if the patcher crashes
- W - Blood Thirst - BUG FIX Fixed a bug where the stance effect would sometimes trigger every 2 attacks instead of 3
We're happy with Kassadin's direction as a high-mobility mana-fueled void mage, but he's a little under-equipped for the job. Old Kassadin could survive by blowing up targets (dead targets don't deal damage), but since the rework put more emphasis on his mobility and close combat, he's had some problems sticking around the fight. These changes are to give Kass more opportunities and rewards when he Riftwalks into the fray.
- MOVEMENT SPEED 340 ⇒ 350
- MANA PER LEVEL 45 ⇒ 70
- Q - Null Sphere
- MAGIC SHIELD 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.3 ability power) ⇒40/80/120/160/200 (+0.8 ability power)
- BUG FIX Now correctly interrupts Anivia's Glacial Storm, Twisted Fate's Gate and Urgot's Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser
- W - Nether Blade
- ACTIVE DAMAGE 40/65/90/115/140 (+0.6 ability power) ⇒40/75/110/145/180 (+0.7 ability power)
RengarFollowing up on our Rengar rework, we're giving him power back in two areas where we've heard your feedback: Savagery and Thrill of the Hunt. Rengar's rework is currently doing a lot of things successfully, but we agree that kitty needs a little more claw.
- Q - Savagery
- ATTACK ANIMATION SPEED Increased by 40%
- BONUS DAMAGE 20/40/60/80/100 ⇒ 30/60/90/120/150
- Q - Empowered Savagery
- ATTACK ANIMATION SPEED Increased by 40%
- BONUS DAMAGE20-235 by champion level ⇒ 30-240 by champion level
- R - Thrill of the Hunt
- NEW STEALTH ALERT Now only appears if enemies would be able to see Rengar out of stealth
RumbleWe're adding more danger to the Danger Zone in order to separate the good Rumbles from the great Rumbles.
- W - Scrap Shield
- DANGER ZONE SHIELD BONUS25% ⇒ 50%
- DANGER ZONE MOVEMENT SPEED BONUS25% ⇒ 50%
- E - Electro Harpoon
- DANGER ZONE DAMAGE BONUS25% ⇒ 50%
- DANGER ZONE SLOW BONUS25% ⇒ 50%
- BUGFIXHarpoon slows now stack correctly
TwitchTwitch has received a visual update. And legs. Check out the full details here! We've also bundled a few quality of life improvements and ability name changes for skills that've mutated past their original designs over the years.
- ICONS As part of his visual update, Twitch has received all-new ability icons
Q - Ambush
- NEW UTILITY Added new particles and sounds for the moment Twitch enters stealth
E - Contaminate
- NAME Expunge ⇒ Contaminate
- NEW UTILITY Added a range indicator
- VISUALS Particles now shoot from Twitch to his victims
R - Rat-ta-tat-tat
- NAME Spray and Pray ⇒ Rat-ta-tat-tat
- VISUALS Particles now better indicate when secondary targets are hit by splash damage
ItemsWriggle's LanternWe wanted to err on the stronger side with Feral Flare's release so that players could see exactly what it offered as a carry jungle item. That certainly hasn't been a problem, as it's performed extremely well thus far. Too well.
- TOTAL COST 1650 gold ⇒ 1800 gold
- FERAL FLARE TRANSFORM 25 large monster kills ⇒ 30 large monster killsThe Heal debuff was something we should have left in when we updated the summoner spell. Without the debuff, ther's no real drawback to bringing multiple Heals to a fight instead of an assortment of spells.
- NEW MULTI-HEAL DEBUFF - Heal is 50% less effective on allies previously Healed within the past 35 seconds. This debuff only applies when an ally has been healed by the Summoner Spell Heal.Hextech SweeperThe recent update to Twin Shadows made for a lot of design overlap with Hextech Sweeper, so we're pushing Hextech Sweeper into more of a tanky mine-sweeping direction.
- NEW RECIPE Fiendish Codex + Kindlegem + 330 gold ⇒ Glacial Shroud + Kindlegem + 330 gold
- TOTAL COST 2000 gold ⇒ 2130 gold
- HEALTH +250 health ⇒ +225 health
- NEW ARMOR: +25 armor
- NEW MANA: +250 mana
- REMOVED ABILITY POWER: +40 ability power
- COOLDOWN REDUCTION: +20% (unchanged)
- ACTIVE Stealth detecting mist (unchanged)Blackfire TorchThis change was also spurred by the recent changes to Twin Shadows. Generally speaking, we knew Blackfire Torch needed to be toned down, so when we started seeing piles of additional movement speed on casters, we felt we could step in now.
- REMOVED MOVEMENT SPEED +5% movement speedNow that we've hit the middle of the 2014 season, we were able to safely assess how to update Twisted Treeline to the new game flow mechanics.
- INHIBITOR RESPAWN RATE: 5 minutes ⇒ 4 minutes
- INHIBITOR MECHANICS: Destroying an enemy inhibitor only buffs the minions in that lane
- JUNGLE REWARDS: Experience and gold scaling increasedWe also took this opportunity to create more viable jungle routes and to alleviate some early jungling concerns.
- HEALTH RELIC SPAWN: 1:55 ⇒ 3:00We flipped the switch on a suite of bot improvements at the tail end of the 4.5 patch cycle - you can find the changelist in the Patch 4.5 Notes and head over to the dev blog for the scoop on our goals to make bots more human. This patch is a continuation of those efforts.
- Bots will now purchase and use Warding trinkets, Sightstone and Sight Wards
- Wards are placed as bots roam, granting vision of the jungle
- Wards are used to try to gain vision of enemies in brush when bots are chasing; LESS FACE CHECKING!
- Bots now have a 50% chance of playing Blue-side in Co-op vs. AI, with players on Purple-side
- Fixed a bug where bots would stop to cast instant-cast items and spells (e.g. toggling Ashe's Frost Shot, using a potion)
- Removed some abuse cases that could be exploited while bots were recalling
This week's free champion rotation has been posted. These champions will become free to play starting tomorrow April 22nd.