Champion Notes: Zyra, Rise of the Thorns
Hello everyone, the goal with this post is to try to create a new series of posts about champions where I make notes about a champion, including damages, burst, ratios, and tricks. Basically, I make notes about the champion for you to look over before really breaking into a champion, or just have someone do the math on the champion. I will note this is a test to see if you like what you see and if you do, let me know what else I can do to add to it. If successful, I can make it a regular series looking into a variety of champions or this can be the last one. Let me know what you like and do not like in the comments!
Notable Base Stats
575 Auto Attack Range (Above Average)
300 Move Speed (Below Average)
All damage from skills is magical, including Plants
Plants damage scales with both level and AP. So you do not need to raise the W skill for more plant damage.
Damage + Ratios on Skills:
Deadly Bloom (Q): 75 / 115 / 155 / 195 / 235 (.6 AP)
Rampant Growth (W): Per Plant: 26 + (6 × level) + (+ .2 AP) "Additional plants hitting the same target do 50% damage"
Grasping Roots (E): 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (.5 AP)
Stranglethorns (R): 180 / 265 / 350 (.7 AP)
Burst Potential at 6 & 11 with Ignite (No MR)
Note: Skill leveling is assumed to be maxing Q first, then E. No AP added as I cannot know what AP you might have from runes/masteries. Total scaling for the burst will be added.
Level 6: 155 (Q) + 60 (E) + ((62+31) * 2) (W) + 180 (R) + 170 (Ignite)= 751 + (2.1 AP)
Level 11: 235 (Q) + 130 (E) + ((92 + 46) * 2) (W) + 265 (R) + 270 (Ignite) = 1176 + (2.1 AP)
Using the scaling number, multiply it by your AP and that is your extra damage from AP. So if you have 100 AP, add 210 to the total burst.
Burst with MR
MR is assumed to be 42 (Base + Blue runes). You can do some math for yourself if you want to see the damage at other MR's.
Damage Reduction 100 / (100 + 42) = 29.5% reduction in magic damage.
Level 6: (581 * .705) + 170 (ignite) = 579.6 + (2.1*.705) Total damage dealt
Level 11: (906 * .705) + 270 (Ignite) = 908.7 + (2.1*.705) Total damage dealt
Notes: Plants are given two attacks each for sake of simplicity. More or less is possible due to which type of plant is used and what situation. Such as instant flashes outside melee range.
Zyra ability notes:
- Her W seeds grants vision into brushes and when stepped on grants vision of the champion. Lasts for 30 seconds or 1/6th the time of a ward.
- Plants grant full vision but only last 10 seconds.
- Despite the size of her ultimates AOE, the knock-up does not happen for 2 seconds. To help ensure the knock-up, you must land her E, but due to length on the root being a maximum of 1.75 seconds, there is always enough time for them to flash away before the knock-up lands. Landing it perfectly with them in the center will make flashing the knock-up difficult.
- Her passive could be used for more burst in a pinch (Not recommended!)
- Her abilities all have relatively short cooldowns and as a result, scales very well with CDR. Because of her W's passive, you never need more than 20% CDR on Zyra. Meaning Blue Buff and her W will max out CDR by lvl 18.
- Her E will pass through all targets in a line. This makes her lvl 1 dangerous and allows her to harass through enemy minions for a root.
- Her Plants apply both Spell Vamp and Ryali's slow.
Zyra is a high skill cap champion. All her abilities (oddly enough, including per passive) are skill shots, making practice a necessity. Her high utility, decent sustained damage and good burst make her a great general pick for mid lane and even a highly capable support champion. The biggest weakness for her are going to be highly mobile champions like Riven, Ahri & Ezreal, who can make landing a skill shot very difficult. So if you like a skill shot based mage, with high CC and utility, she's the one for you.
I hope you liked my champion notes. Let me know what else I can add to improve future versions and any champions you would like to see done next.