Riven: The Exile!
Everyone's favorite battle-bunny, Riven! Riven is a very high mobility Fighter, with impressive scaling and damage. Riven's complete lack of a resource allows her to trade regularly with her opponents, wasting their mana till she can go all in for the kill. As a trade-off, Riven has no form of sustain in her kit. But if your killing your enemy when you fight, who needs sustain? Riven focuses as much on Auto-attacks as she does on her abilities, her passive granting her a large increase in damage. Mastering Riven takes time, but when you do, you will have a powerful champion that can dominate games.
|Health||414 (+86)||Attack damage||54 (+2.75)|
|Health regen.||10.4 (+0.9)||Attack speed||0.625 (+3.5%)|
|Mana||She doesn't use mana!||Armor||15 (+3.1)|
|Range||125||Magic res.||30 (+1.25)|
All of Riven's Damage is Physical.
Damage, Ratio's, & Cooldowns on Skills:
5 / 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 / 15 (+.5 bonus AD)
Broken Wings (Q):
Per Activation: 30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 (+.7 bonus AD)
Total: 90 / 165 / 240 / 315 / 390 (+ 2.1 bonus AD)
Cooldown: 13 at all Ranks
Ki Burst (W):
50 / 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 (+ 1.0 bonus AD)
Cooldown: 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
Shield: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+ 1.0 bonus AD)
Cooldown: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6
Blade of the Exile (R):
20% Bonus AD and Gains Access to "Wind Slash"
80 / 120 / 160 (+ ,6 bonus AD)
Max damage: 240 / 360 / 480 (+ 1.8 bonus AD)
Total AD Ratio: 5.2 Base and up to 6.4.
Maxxing Q first for damage in these simulations.
90 (Q) + 50(W) + (59.5 (AA) *3) + (5 (Passive) * 3) = 333.5 Total damage + 3.1 AD
240 (Q) + 50(W) + (67.75 (AA) *3) + (7 (Passive) * 3) = 514.25 Total damage + 3.1 AD
390 (Q) + 50(W) + (76 (AA) *3) + (9 (Passive) * 3) = 695 Total damage + 3.1 AD
Note: While I could do a full all-in style scenario, these are generally only done when you know you will kill. The above is more common for when trading till you get them low enough to kill them. Add Ignite damage + Wind Slash to understand when they will die straight out.
Note 2: Remember that AD from your items affects your Auto Attacks. While not included in her ratio's, all your bonus AD would add damage to your trades.
Note 3: Armor values are more inconsistent in the game than MR. It depends on levels, champion and scaling. As such I have not done an armored style scenario.
- Trades are dynamic, the damage numbers here are designed to give you a guide for the amount of damage you can do in a trade. Because Riven has no sustain, it is important to know if you can always out trade your opponent. If you cannot and they out sustain your damage, then you are in trouble.
- Because Riven's damage is all physical, higher armor values against her in lane are common. Especially with her very powerful and snowball nature. Armor penetration runes and an item like a brutalizer could be needed to win trades against opponents.
- Shield damage absorption is not included but is important in winning trades.
- Q offers the most raw damage of her skills and makes it easy to get multiple procs of her passive. The final activation of her Q will cause a small knock-up.
- W offers a quick half second stun, enough for a single auto attack and will stop channels.
- Riven is capable of doing very quick trades that the opponent will have difficulty returning due to her mobility and brief CC's. It is important to utilize these when possible before going all in.
- Riven's Burst is pretty intense and her Wind Slash is a great ranged execute with a large cone that travels very far. Combined with ignite, you can easily take someone from half to death.
- Riven has fantastic scaling with AD. All abilities scale strongly with it and allows her to deal significant damage all throughout the game.
- Her Ultimate is extremely powerful with a short CD. Do not be afraid to burn your ultimate to hurt someone really low and force them out of lane.
- Riven's Q and E can both move her in any direction you choose. These are dashes, so unless you are rooted, you can move unaffected by slows with them. This is one reason why Riven is so mobile and difficult to gank or kite.
Riven isn't a tank, she isn't a CC machine, she is a disruptive destroyer of teams. Few champions can snowball as hard as Riven can when ahead. Her massive damage output, early game power, scaling and survivability makes her a force to be reckoned with. She is prone to match-up issues with her entire reliance on physical damage and lack of sustain but can fit in a team as a significant secondary physical damage source. If your looking to destroy people with a big sword while jumping around, Riven is your girl.