Champion Notes: Amumu, The Sad Mummy!
We cover the saddest champion in the league, Amumu! Amumu is a jungling tank that has one of the best ulitmates in the game and terrifies people in team-fights. Amumu is not a complex champion but he is exceptionally efficient at what he does. Amumu is one of the best champions to pick for anyone who wants to play an effective jungle tank that fits into almost any team composition. If there is one tank to get to know, it is probably Amumu.
Stats, Abilities, Ratio's Numbers:
- Amumu's passive is basically a free damage buff for his spells on targets he is auto attacking.
- Because Amumu does percentage health damage over time, magic penetration is a very good stat on him. Just remember this applies only on people you are actually auto attacking.
- Amumu's engagement tool. The range on this ability is really long and allows Amumu to go flying across the screen from out of nowhere.
- This is somewhat all or nothing for Amumu. Without landing his bandage, he has no stun and engaging without it requires flash. Make every bandage count!
- Amumu can use his Bandage toss to escape over walls if he hits monsters, minions or opposing players.
- The AP Ratio on the ability is actually pretty decent at .7. A little bit of AP can add some oomph to his skills.
- The missile speed is rather slow and more leading might be needed.
- Amumu's basic damage skill.
- The AOE on his W is rather large around him. The constant AOE damage does not seem like a lot at first, but over time it adds up if he is left alone in team fights.
- This is the source of his constant damage and scales with magic penetration. Raw AP is not very effective at raising the overall damage of this skill.
- The constant cost on his W is why many might say Amumu is dependent on his early blue buff.
- Having a flat reduction of damage in the jungle is very helpful. There are not many effects that simply cut damage from each attack.
- The cooldown is reduced upon being attacked. This is very problematic for the enemy team. Attack Amumu and he gets more damage from his E's use or leave him alone and let his W continue to shred away health bars.
- Usually one of the first skills maxed.
Curse of the Sad Mummy
- This is Amumu's money maker and usually the reason you take the pitiful mummy.
- The AOE on the root is simply massive. Catching an entire team inside the AOE is not difficult at all.
- Once Amumu gets his ultimate, his ganks become terrifying. A simple bandage toss + Ult is 3 seconds of lock down.
- Amumu's ultimate scales decently with AP. It is at a .8 ap ratio.
- Q>Ultimate is the most common form of initiation as Amumu. It does not really matter if you hit a tank or a squishy with it. The goal is to get the entire enemy team inside your AOE. If your Q misses or is not available, Flash will work in a pinch.
- While Amumu fits into almost any team comp, he especially shines in AOE. His large AOE root, which can do surprising damage itself, combined with other heavy AOE damage ultimates like Miss Fortune or Morgana can lead to team fight wins with no chance for retaliation.
- Amumu has some build flexibility. His damage is magic based and a tanky/ap based build will add a decent amount of extra damage for people who like their tanks with more punch. Conversely he can go full tank or even a sort of support build if your behind. All Amumu needs is tankiness and his skills to be useful.
- Jungling with Amumu is rather simple and effective. Ganking with Amumu takes practice as his bandage toss is not always the easiest thing to land.
- Amumu's early game output is not impessive and he is a terrible duelist. During early parts of the game, the enemy jungler can invade with much less risk as they will easily kill the little guy. If Amumu is on your team, take the time to protect him and his jungle in the early parts of the game.
- For people who are unsure who to pick for jungle, Amumu pretty much fits the bill at any time. He is a highly recommended jungle to learn.
The way of the Mummy!
About the Author, Emeraldw:
- Loves psychology and philosophy. Then tries to apply it to even simple things like League of Legends.
- Cookies and Ice Cream have been known to buy Emeraldw's loyalty and affection.
- Basics are the most important thing in learning anything
- For more by Emeraldw, click on my name and go to the "Articles" Tab under my profile.
If you have any comments or ideas for future articles, please send me a message and I will be happy to communicate with you!