Bot Lanes Cause Of Loss.

Anyone notice that now, the reason you lose games is bot lane. For the past 2 weeks I've noticed that every single game I've lost was because my bot lane lost tower before 15 minutes, gave around 7 kills to the enemy adc, and is complaining about how blah blah blah is OP. And when I win, it's because MY bot lane got fed/tower. Is this just a coincidence, or has anyone else noticed this?

It's always top or bottom for me, but yeah it's often bot. I'd assume just because 2 people means twice as many opportunities to feed, and because bot lane champs (AD carries) do a lot of damage

A fed top lane may cause trouble midgame, but tops generally fall off late game. Therefore, a bot lane that did well early on can take over and dominate the game. It's just a matter that it's a carry and carries... carry the game.

As a jungler, I try to get some ganks off on bot before it's lit up like a Christmas tree with wards. Even a kill on the support can break a stalemate, and making sure your bot does well early on goes a long way to securing a late-game victory.

I think it's just bad luck, any lane which is fed and knows how to keep being fed will dominate, take mid for example... feed an evelyn or a katarina that knows when its time to start roaming instead of pushing will smash your whole team to bits if they aren't dealt with quickly enough. Though granted mid and bot probably have the best opportunity to carry since they're made for it. So it's possible you might forget when the top or jungler was fed to hell since it's rarer for it to happen.

Ive been finding that ADC's take longer to get to the point where they can carry now than they did in season 2 b/c assassin characters have become so much more popular and are able to make an ad disappear if they get a little out of position. 

So you lost ALL of your games solely due to bot lane? I dont believe this at all.. You probably made your own mistakes as well. Also you could try to just learn bot lane. And if you lose so much games because of your bot lane sucks you probably will have SOME games where your bot lane plays well.

Im getting annoyed by all the people who keep blaming left and right in soloQ. Guys, YOU ARE NOT THE BEST and half of the time you lose because of mistakes you made YOURSELF. Because the people who blame top for loss and play mid themselves, could've roamed top or bot to snowball it out for example, the top lane that ''lost'' in the eyes of the mid laner probably thinks and will say that mid ''lost'' the game..

There have been so much threads on RoG about ''elo hell'' and everytime there were people (who SOMEHOW had better arguments and SOMEHOW were higher elo than those who started the thread) who said that if you are good enough to raise ELO, you will.

Last edited by henkjehh: 1/13/2013 4:19:10 AM

Clunse art OP

i dont think he was saying: blah blah im better than my elo and my mates feed so i lose! i think his point was that every game, won or lost, is decided by which bottom lane gets fed.

Edit: LoL is basically a game where 4 people try to support their own ADC or kill the enemy ADC so the own ADC can kill all enemies. so it makes sense that a fed bot lane can decide the game. if you cant support your own ADC to get kills and get farmed( because he loses lane hard) you can still win. AP carrys have their power spike mid game and have a lot of burst. if they can burst the enemy ADC it doesnt matter how fed he is. If you play an assasine and burst the enemy ADC it does not matter how fed he is. to be able to do so the rest of the enemy team must not be able to support their ADC enough ( peel for him). this can happen due to the champions you/they play (see olaf) or because you (the assasine/APC) are fed too.

Last edited by mizary2102: 1/13/2013 4:25:17 AM

I would say this is true on some parts, I usually play with premade of 2-4 and if we let 2 randoms go bottom + us 3 on every other lane, the game will suddenly get harder than normally.

Altho, I like to play ad carry alot and from ADC point of view (fed, big fat miles ahead of others adc), there are champions that remove this fat adc in instant. If you go to a game and you would like to counter your own bottom lane, pick assassin. Tho, this will not work so well if enemy team has jesus ultimate ready for adc, lulu, zil, kayle or perhaps janna.

Most annoying champions for ADC in my opinion: Zed (doesnt need any coordination to do pop adc, simply none), Khazix, Evelynn and Leblanc if played correctly:)

This is my 2 cents for fixing your own bottom lanes bad plays. One other option is roaming early game, depending which role you play.

I'm not saying that my bot lane does bad but I'm the best, I'm saying that in almost every game I've played for the last 2 weeks, the bot lanes I've had either lost HARD or won HARD, there was no bot lane I played with that didn't lose/take a tower b4 15 minutes or have over 9000 kills.

Quote from FlameDeathist »

I'm not saying that my bot lane does bad but I'm the best, I'm saying that in almost every game I've played for the last 2 weeks, the bot lanes I've had either lost HARD or won HARD, there was no bot lane I played with that didn't lose/take a tower b4 15 minutes or have over 9000 kills.

1. Play jungler;

2. Gank the crap out of bot and mid;

3. Profit.

At least in my elo, it usually works. I'll also gank top once or twice if the enemy top is Darius or Jax or Irelia.

Quote from OuterRaven »

Quote from FlameDeathist »

1. Play jungler;

2. Gank the crap out of bot and mid;

3. Profit.

At least in my elo, it usually works. I'll also gank top once or twice if the enemy top is Darius or Jax or Irelia.

I've seen junglers gank nothing but bot because they need the help, but they can't do anything with the ganks. Just die again and again and blame the jungler and riot's stupidity about op champs. 

start to play support. you would not belive how bad most supports in lower elo are ( because most do not want to play it but are rather forced into it due being lastpick). even if your adc is not the best you can win the easily because the support is the one making the plays and zones the enemy and keeps the bot lane safe from ganks. if you start to really pay attantion to the map and call out wards and objectives and you get you team to follow, you easily have one of the hardest carrying roles in the game.

thats ofc just my opinion since i main top and support.

Hm.

I do think that the botlane is really important. Because when an ad carry starts and snowball, he gets fed on two people instead of one.
    And later in teamfights, your "loosing" ad carry will take unnecessary risks to get fed, thus die too soon.

On the contrary, I think that carries a bit too fed aren't always a matter, because they can be bursted in teamfights. I hate even more overfed bruisers (such as Lee-sin, Irelia, Chogath, ...) you know the kind of stuff with a shitload of hp that still deals tons of damage.

When I jungle, I tend to prefer toplane early game (because they snowball really harder) while counter jungling or counter ganking, then I try and focus on midlane that roams botlane and carries them. (too often when I gank bot as a jungler with no help from mid, it's not "worth it" you see, my adc diing for their support, or worse, thus I try and not screw things)

Ganking botlane is always a mess that seems to favour ennemies instead of you.

A fed top laner or mid laner can just burst the fed ad carry if done well.. Because a carry ALWAYS stays squishy all game long.

Clunse art OP

Quote from henkjehh »

A fed top laner or mid laner can just burst the fed ad carry if done well.. Because a carry ALWAYS stays squishy all game long.

...and that's why they should stop nerfing mid and carrys, and start nerfing those obnoxious toplaners :D

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world.
    The unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

- G. B. Shaw

Try Pantheon. If your botlane has the slightest amount of CC, you get an almost assured double kill every 2 minutes there.

it happens to me as well. perhaps about 60-70% of my games reflect bottom lane's results. i.e. if bot lane lost, we lost, etc. 

it's not a definite. teamfights and late-game phase are very different from laning, but an ad carry who did well in lane can generally do fine later on. things that can deter this are poor farming, or the kills being allocated elsewhere. i've lost games as an adc with scores like 12/4/13 because those 13 assists were taken by mediocre players or champions who simply don't output the damage i could've.

(someone's bound to yell "THAT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR TEAM WAS BAD" and they probably were, but the extra damage at the right moment from an ADC can win games)

Last edited by Wiltsee: 1/14/2013 5:21:06 AM

Ye, the extra damage at the right moment from an ADC can win games

Well, i had games where the ADC won the lane, got cocky, and then sucked in temfights so hard that he got instanuked in a splitsecond very time and then flamed that we didnt protect him. On top he stealed all kills and creeps/monsters whereever he went.

The game is just extremly unstable now. Whoever gets the lead snowballs like hell, and in the botlane you have two champs snowballing and two failing at the same time which have a greater impact at first than just one fed champ. If RIOT continues like this they should consider allowing to surrender at the 10 minute mark.

in my opinion, losing a lane doesn't mean losing a game since as it has been previously said, fed players get cocky, and teamfights do not follow the same logic as lane fights.

What i noticed however is that when i lose a game, it's because :

- one player does incredibly bad (unskilled, unwilling to listen and cooperate) but that doesn't happen a lot.

- 2 lanes are doing bad (bot/mid, mid/top, bot/top) : you can kill someone that is fed by focusing him, but it's much harder to kill 2 fed enemies :s

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes