Ribbons

Hi first post here.

I queued for a game not long ago and found out my honorable opponent ribbon gone (sadface.jpg)

Though a bit disappointed I'm not surprised as I haven't been honored recently. And I only got 55 honors on that only.

Got me curious though, how much does it actually takes to get the various ribbons after the tweaks? 

Is there a rough estimate/percentage? o.O

Yea mine was gone too, but i never paid any attention because honorable opponent doesn't mean anything to me (to me, it means that you play good, but you lost a game miserably and you didn't deserve it). If I am correct, it has been reseted for the S3, and since I didn't get enough honorable opponent on a regular basis, I am not an honorable opponent anymore.

However, I am very interested in when you get the teamwork banner, because I should be around 130 teamwork, and I have never obtained anything -.-

well i have the great leader ribbon right now. i lost it awhile ago, but managed to regain it once more. The amount it takes to get the ribbons is not dependent so much on sheer amount as people think, at least in my opinion. It really depends on who honors you (less if they have honored you before, it counts for less), how much those people honor (less if they just spam honor) and how much honor you have over the amount of games you have played. I am not sure (no one is) but i hope this helps!

EDIT: if you have questions for me, i can answer a few. I got my teamwork before the rework at around 70ish, helpful at 25, and later 45 (it was the one i lost), friendly at around 50

Last edited by Thantos66: 2/20/2013 9:58:39 AM

Quote from Thantos66 »

well i have the great leader ribbon right now. i lost it awhile ago, but managed to regain it once more. The amount it takes to get the ribbons is not dependent so much on sheer amount as people think, at least in my opinion. It really depends on who honors you (less if they have honored you before, it counts for less), how much those people honor (less if they just spam honor) and how much honor you have over the amount of games you have played. I am not sure (no one is) but i hope this helps!

EDIT: if you have questions for me, i can answer a few. I got my teamwork before the rework at around 70ish, helpful at 25, and later 45 (it was the one i lost), friendly at around 50

What Thanatos66 said I believe is correct. It mainly scales off of how much honor you received from different people along with how much honor you receive compared to the number of games you play.

Summoner name: Combiecola                     Server: NA
    LoLKing: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21272873

From what I've seen on the forums, the above is true. Basically, you need to have some level of honor relative to your number of games played. Also, quality of honor matters; 50 Honorable Opponents from people who honor everyone every game is worth less than 50 Honorable Opponents from people who've only honored once.

Also, I remember that Lyte said that they were tweaking the honor needed for the ribbons at some point. I think Honorable Opponent got harder to get, so that might be why you lost it.

I got 102 teamwork honors and I've played for maybe 600 games since the system was released.

None of them were given by people I know.

They say the teamwork ribbon is easier to get, though I still rarely see one with that ribbon.

And at this rate I don't think I'll get any anytime soon. -_-

It doesn't have anything to do with the numbers shown in your profile for a couple of reasons. If I have played 200 games and have 150 honor in a category I'm doing pretty good, but if I have 2000 games played and 150 honor in a category I'm not doing so good, it's all relevant to how many games you play. Also, you can queue up with 4 friends every game and get tons of honor that carries little no weight but the numbers still show up.

They recently decreased the requirements for all the ribbons other than honorable opponent, they increased the requirements for that one and I, too, lost my red ribbon. Start to say gl hf / gg wp more..

gl hf not too much I don't want my opponent to have good luck  :D

gg wp though I think it's mandatory every game except maybe dc or one horrible feeder. 

Before there's about 2-4 red ribbons every game, now I almost don't even see one lol

Gonna need more than magic wards to earn people's honor. ;>

oooh, honoring people more often is a bad thing?

I mean come ON, they're giving me incentive to say good job, which I love, and now they're saying my good jobs count for less when I do it more often?  I'm only supposed to be nice SOME of the time?!

Screw you riot! I'm honoring everybody that deserves it.

i have almost 100 honorable opponent, and 50-100 in the rest (all from strangers) - still no flipping ribbon. GG riot. 

You don't need that many to get it. I only had about 40 or so before I got mine (with around 2-3k games played). I'm positive that it was a requirement to get them in consecutive games though and I'm sure being reported has a big effect on your ribbon qualifications.

@voca0931

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3130254

Has some good information about ribbons. What's interesting to note that the "great teamwork" medal is NOT given out solely based on the amount of teamworks you have. I personally think that Riot also tracks how often you get certain honors as part of the mechanics to award ribbons (hence why you would lose certain ribbons if you don't get certain honors for a long time).

Also, why not wish your opponent luck? Just because they get lucky once or twice doesn't mean you won't outplay them and win in the end right? ;D

@misticaltom: Honoring excessively (i.e. giving honorable opponent to everybody on the other team in every game) does decrease the value of your honor, but if you're honoring people who you think deserve it, then I don't think you would be giving it out so much that your honor becomes very low (unless you have very low standards xD).

@Darkwing: Now that's not a very honorable thing to say ;D Instead of focusing on getting the ribbon, just try focusing on being a good sport and friendly player in every game, the ribbon will come before you know it. 

@ranigad

Yeah I noticed it's based on a ratio rather than a solid number, just curious about the ratios.

Is it just me or red ribbons are extinct now in ranked lol.

Thx for the info though, points out most of the things with the approval of a red too.

@voca

I think that the reds intentionally didn't mention the ratio or the actual requirements for the ribbons :P That would ruin the fun and excitement of getting them right? xD 

I feel like red ribbons are just rarer than they used to be. People are a lot less inclined to hand out honors these days (at least all the opponents i play against/with and myself included). I don't know if it's just higher standards (me :D), forgetfulness/laziness, or just not wanting to honor but it's definitely less than when honor first came out. 

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes