This thread was Locked by Dankaw.

Not being able to drop a tier good or bad?

Quote from Ariathor »

Actually when you duo-queue you normally get matched against slightly higher ranked opponents to compensate for the increased coordination you and your partner should have.

That's a nice way to say your three teammates are statistically 33% more dumbasses than if you soloq ^^

Or, rather, your enemies are better.

It ends up being the same effect either way.

Quote from MerryLane »

It ends up being the same effect either way.

One way of phrasing it is extremely negative, insulting, and violates the spirit of the Summoner's Code.

The other is just true. You could also say 'your allies are worse', as opposed to:

Quote from MerryLane »

That's a nice way to say your three teammates are statistically 33% more dumbasses than if you soloq ^^

I've noticed that too. To make things worse i was about to go division up and my qualifier games bugged and win wasn't counted. Go figure.

when i broke bronze and hit silver i immediately felt like a weight was off my shoulders and played 4 games with champs i was trying to learn better (i didnt do terrible, but i couldnt) carry and lost 3 out of the 4. now im back to playing champs im good at and i won 3 or 4 in a row and am up to 90 points

i feel that while teirs should definitely be very hard to lose, they should be able to be lost, (say you lose 15 games in a row or hit -150 lp or something) otherwise the people who just hit division 5 wont have a huge incentive (minus just rising) to play well

Do people really need incentives to play well? I find it hard to believe that anybody hits silver or above and then decides 'eh, I want to play this game, but I don't really care if I win or lose'

Quote from GentlemanGustaf »

Do people really need incentives to play well? I find it hard to believe that anybody hits silver or above and then decides 'eh, I want to play this game, but I don't really care if I win or lose'

i think temporarily - when someone hits the next tier, hits 0 points, and cannot move down, they (or at least I) lose all incentive temporarily. again - temporarily though. then again im not a very competitive person

Noncaring person checking in.  I literally don't care if I win games anymore as long as I have fun screwing around during the laning phase.  Every game is just another game.  In the grand scheme of things, it's just the latest out of hundreds or thousands of games you've played.   I only enjoy the 1v1 or 2v2 nature of League of Legends, and I honestly couldn't care less about fights or the game after I exit the laning phase.

Last edited by VVinrar: 2/24/2013 12:05:29 AM

Follow me:

I believe minor incentives wouldn't hurt. But there is a surprising number of games that i have played and people die 2-3 times in laning phase, then "Stop caring" and then continue to feed or quit. Everyone has bad games, but people dont understand that its easier to comeback from a deficit then they think. I have had a few games where i leave lasing phase 1/3/0 or worse, then end the game with 13/5/10 or something. Also have had plenty of games where ive left laning phase 6/3/10 then ending the game 7/10/14 or something terrible. It just happens. Also, some people feel the need to not try if they dont get there "best role" and just dick off most of the game. I dont mind people who have the "Win or lose, i had fun" attitude, but some people use that as a crutch for their failure. I have that attitude to a certain extent, but the competitive nature of this game brings out the worst sometimes. Hard to be the "good guy" all the time :) 

Rambling about queuing solo or duo, not really commenting on the original subject as I believe it has been answered pretty well already.

There is a duo queue in both teams in almost every single solo queue game. I can assume this because queue times when going solo is about 20 seconds, however for duo I have to wait up to 4 minutes since the "Can't be more than 1 duo in each team" rule.

Queuing with someone else will guarantee you'll play with 3 soloers. Assuming you and your duo are not the worst players in the match, and assuming the enemy duo aren't either, you've got 3/6 chances (50%) of getting the worst player on your team.

Going solo will almost always match with a duo and 2 other solo queuers. Most of the time people won't duo queue with someone they find "unworthy", so assuming you and them aren't the worst, the chances of getting the worst player on your team drops to 2/5 (40%), then again you could get a Brazilian duo that only understands 10 English words (true story). That unconvenient duo could be on the other team as well.

Unless you know you and your duo partner are really above the average player you get matched with, there's no way to tell if going duo is an advantage. It is all about luck.

Quote from Liquid_Oclel0t »

I believe minor incentives wouldn't hurt. But there is a surprising number of games that i have played and people die 2-3 times in laning phase, then "Stop caring" and then continue to feed or quit. Everyone has bad games, but people dont understand that its easier to comeback from a deficit then they think. I have had a few games where i leave lasing phase 1/3/0 or worse, then end the game with 13/5/10 or something. Also have had plenty of games where ive left laning phase 6/3/10 then ending the game 7/10/14 or something terrible. It just happens. Also, some people feel the need to not try if they dont get there "best role" and just dick off most of the game. I dont mind people who have the "Win or lose, i had fun" attitude, but some people use that as a crutch for their failure. I have that attitude to a certain extent, but the competitive nature of this game brings out the worst sometimes. Hard to be the "good guy" all the time :) 

I agree with the tryhard principle; I don't even really play games with my friends anymore; I know we have different mindsets and skill levels and that makes games awkward. But I think when people give up, it's because they're thinking 'nothing I can do to win this game' not 'i don't lose my league for this loss!'

Unless you know you and your duo partner are really above the average player you get matched with, there's no way to tell if going duo is an advantage. It is all about luck.

Sounds right to me: the only way to win more than you lose is to be better than your Elo :P

Quote from GentlemanGustaf»

I agree with the tryhard principle; I don't even really play games with my friends anymore; I know we have different mindsets and skill levels and that makes games awkward. But I think when people give up, it's because they're thinking 'nothing I can do to win this game' not 'i don't lose my league for this loss!'

Excuse the weird looking post, new to forums. I agree that people , more often then not, think "nothing i can do to win this game" attitude because everyone has been there. Just seems no matter how hard you try and keep trying, just get pooped on. I am more of a "If you know you cant win, lose as slowly as possible" think that something could happen to turn the game around. I just don't like to give up, I am usually the last person to click the yes to surrender. I dont like to lose, but i also dont sulk in defeat and move on. Also, ive been really utilizing a lot of pro tips for example, instead of "GG EVERYONE ON MY TEAM SUCKS", i try and look at myself and go from there. Just try and improve my game because that is virtually the only variable you have the most control in. It seems to have helped so far.

I also appreciate all the insight into this subject.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes