Liandry's Torment + Blade of Ruined King

Just wondering if there are any champions that could utilise both of these items at the same time. Originally I thought it'd be nice on blue build ezreal, only to realise that Q doesn't proc liandry so it's a little wasted on him. I might try it one day as a replacement over muramana as a last item but I don't think it'd be realistic given that the mana, damage and passive of muramana is nice.

So, I'm just curious about whether these two items could be utilised on anybody else as a sort of hybrid build or whether it'll forever be placed under the troll for fun scenario.

Teemo?

Would work on Kayle as well. Not saying it would actually WORK, just that she's able to utilize both. Teemo would work too, but for Kayle it would add more dmg. Might be fun to try sometime when hyperfed, but ofc that build is as gimmicky as they come. 

Last edited by Perrysh: 6/4/2013 2:12:32 PM

"Joke? What do you mean?"

I could think of trying it on Warwick (Q magic output), but... probably only vs bots :D

It's viable on Kayle since she likes to have ap/attack speed. I've seen on it on Teemo but it's very underwhelming since if you get into auto attack range with him, you're probably going to get killed. Another possibility would be on top Lulu. Earlier in the season I saw some players go Bork then regular AP (Liandry's, zhonyas, deathcap, etc. etc.) on top Kennen.

Last edited by ranigad: 6/4/2013 2:22:43 PM

Teemo. I actually DO build those 2 items with him on ARAM. When i get the IP I will get some hybrid pen runes and maybe try it in a real game.

Bruiser Fizz doesn't mind grabbing both items.

He's not flat-out terrible as a bruiser either. Fizz with Doran's Shield and Block Mastery takes practically zero damage from auto-attacks at the beginning of the game. Can be a fairly hard counter to some top champions if played well, and can fulfill some of the major purposes of a bruiser.

Last edited by HPBEggo: 6/4/2013 2:31:13 PM

Hmm. It'd be nice if there was some sort of damage comparison between muramana and Liandry's actually at level 18 when people have an average of 2000+ mana. Well actually I guess it'd be pretty easy to calculate. Muramana would provide 60 AD+ (2000 mana) and an additional 120 damage (60 damage say if you had 1k mana left) based on the toggle giving a total of 180 additional damage (120 AD if at half mana). This would be compared to 6% life, 12% if utilised with slows of liandry (But affected by MR).

The enemies at this stage would have around 2000-3000 HP. Given that tanks would have extremely high MR (100-150), it'd be safe to assume that liandry would only provide around half damage or even less so in reality, you'd only get 3% or 6% burn damage. 3% of a 2000 HP target would be 60 damage or 90 damage on a 3000 HP enemy.

The thing is that tanks generally would also have a higher amount of armor as well, so once you throw in a last whisper into the picture, they'd still have around 90-100 armor which is 50% damage reduction. Reducing the AD down to 90 damage. This isn't assuming you are going standard critical, attack speed paths though, but bruiserish/blue builds.

It works really well on Jax. If I'm not mistaken, his W applies Liandry's, so does every third hit, in addition to BoRK every attack. I need to test all of these plus that Bloodrazor on ARAM eventually

Quote from KeroKai »

Just wondering if there are any champions that could utilise both of these items at the same time. Originally I thought it'd be nice on blue build ezreal, only to realise that Q doesn't proc liandry so it's a little wasted on him. I might try it one day as a replacement over muramana as a last item but I don't think it'd be realistic given that the mana, damage and passive of muramana is nice.

So, I'm just curious about whether these two items could be utilised on anybody else as a sort of hybrid build or whether it'll forever be placed under the troll for fun scenario.

You sure liandry's doesnt proc on Ezreal Q?

Quote from Elmanbeastio »

Quote from KeroKai »

You sure liandry's doesnt proc on Ezreal Q?

It's considered an "autoattack" in that it procs lifesteal and on-hit effects, like gangplanks Q, therefore not considered a spell

• BrienWrightMale player

I figured that this build might work quite nicely with Varus. Certainly helps stack up a whole load of % health damage. Perhaps it'd work on Kogmaw too.

kennen

When I go hybrid Kayle this build works like a beast.

Situational Boots, Liandry's, BotRK, Nashor's, Guinsoo's, Defensive (FM/GA/Warmogs/Banshee's etc.)

Or you can go a funny shred build on Kayle, grabbing Greaves, Black Cleaver, Malady, and a bunch of other stuff.

Evelynn, she deals both magic and uses auto attacks, as well as attack speed steroid so BoTRK would be better.  Although her ultimate kind of dis-incentivizes using current%health items, and since she's good at gibbing back-line characters you would really be aiming to melt tanks with this type of build.

Quote from KeroKai »

W, E and R proc Liandry's, and since it is a dot and doesn't stack with itself (it only refreshes) you don't want to proc it TOO often. A bigger issue is that it's harder(ish) to take advantage of Liandry's CC damage buff on Ezreal then many champions. On the other hand, Triforce does have the Phage effect...

Last edited by Aandeus: 6/4/2013 8:01:49 PM

Kog.

Evelynn maybe...

i build them both on my ap tristana

i build ap early game then build into liandry malady

then if no one has BC i get BC and botrk late game

this build has high poke  high burst and a very nice lone range auto attack

team fights ill play like a adc throwing out my e to burn people down and if its safe to do so ill burst someone down

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes