This thread was marked as Locked by Dankaw.

Riot, a skins question, Teemo, and Pulsefire Ez.

More or less, if the announced Ultimate skin (or whatever Pulsefire Ez is, I don't even know) is for Teemo, I'm smashing my computer and uninstalling LOL. Ultimate Teemo would do a few things.

1) Raise popularity of Teemo

2) Raise number of people that main Teemo

3) Introduce new, even more annoying shroom sound effects for Teemo,

4) Raise the number of shrooms I hit and force me to buy oracles at 6 every game, and

5) Raise the number of Teemo skins... no.

Riot, it can be for anyone but Teemo. Please.

Second part of the question, why Ezreal? I mean, good choice, but he wasn't really a mega-popular champion, at least not to the degree of other champions. Just a cool idea for a skin that blossomed into something else?

Well pulsefire was a skin in the works almost since he came out, it was super hyped and even got its own donation page. The donations skyrocketed so Riot decided to create the ultimate skin for the most hyped skin ever

What're you talking about?

Of course Ezreal was popular, he's been in the big since early season 2 in powerful popular picks. His heavy mobility, consistent poke, and long range ultimate have been stables of what people like to play.

He, before Pulsefire, had but one decent skin, the blue one. Frost Ezreal I think? Not an Ezreal player myself. But that's the only skin you ever saw, blue Ezreal was a skin not a build!

But the reason he was given an Ultimate skin wasn't because he was a good choice.  Pulsefire was just a skin. It had a big giant backpack of energy, and had some blueish particle effects. People really wanted it.

But some guy said...this skin sucks.  Now since he was the guy building said skin, he probably had a bunch of say in it.  So while working on it someone went all "dude, what if he had a Jetpack?"  and "What about new jokes? Futuristic Jokes!"  and even "This splash art looks silly, LETS MAKE SOMETHING BETTER!" 

So, they thought up cool ideas like a jetpack, armor that leveled you up, MEGAMAN DEATH!, and added them to the idea one by one. Everybody was like man, this could be a Legendary skin...no...it's far greater than that.

And BAMN, They called it Ultimate Ezreal, set a heavy price tag, and said BUY IT WHILE IT'S LIKE 75% OFF!

And people bought it.

It's one of those things where you're making yourself something cool, like say.....a car that doesn't break the bank when you fill the gas tank, but somewhere along the way you think that's not good enough, and end up with a Flying Time-traveling Delorean. 

This new Ultimate will probably be like that, an Idea that just happened to have plenty of room to grow better with additions, I don't think creating a Teemo Skin could ever fit that much thematic goodness into it and not feel overwhelmed.  But Teemo's use in Legendary skins is quite easy, and hey why not?

My guess, Udyr.  Dude you're not popular, and you're unlucky as all hell, but Udyr my man....you've got yourself an Ultimate skin coming, it'll probably be Dudyr, and your death animation involves Brolaf tackling you into the dirt.

teemo wont get an ultimate skin.

Who switches their main based off of skins? o_0

People actually want to raise the popularity of Teemo?

That being said, I think there could be way better skins. Like a "gentleman" themed line of skins with all the Void champs and Skarner

If anything, I want to see more gentlemen skins. I could already imagine Gentlemen Rengar, chilling in a fireplace room with his trophies mounted on a wall. Plus, it's funny as hell to imagine a Rengar wearing a suit and a monocle.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Teemo ain't getting the ultimate skin. Anyone remember Riot hinting about a new Udyr skin, something about a spirit shaman or close to that idea? My money's on that being the new ultimate skin.

"Dont fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail."

indeed a new rengar Skin would be nice and would be nice its kinda an excuse for his nerfs

Gentlemen rengar would be nice som,e Special taunts with chogath would be cool

but i think we all know there will be a gentlemen zac Skin in a qoute he is saying that he should get a suit

http://i.imgur.com/MZ8Gjll.gif

Ezreal wasn't popular when PFE came out. Being an ezreal player was rare. People didn't fully understand his potential at that point.

That being said i hope they had some sort of way to determine who gets the ultimate skin. I hope its viktor.

Battlecast skarner, dragon tamer swain and spirit summoner udyr are all rumored to be coming up, it could be any one of those, or it could be something completely new, like a yorick skin, or rumble, whatever.

I should edit this, shouldn't I?

No, I want LESS Teemo. The list above would be presumed effects of Ulti-Teemo skin, none of which are desirable.

I've honestly not got any idea what's going on, but I'm excited to find out.

Quote from Meeaat »

Battlecast skarner, dragon tamer swain and spirit summoner udyr are all rumored to be coming up, it could be any one of those, or it could be something completely new, like a yorick skin, or rumble, whatever.

I surely hope to god it's a New Yorick Skin,He's my main,well,him,and Galio.
    He has 2 skins,and the sad part,his default is the best one.

Quote from Meeaat »

Also,an easy way to tell if there will be more skins and for who is to actually look at the splash art within the new skins. Tyrant Swain is in the Bunny Riven Skin Splash Art(many many months before he came out),BattleCast Skarner is in Battlecast Urgot,Special Forces Miss Fortune is in the Special Forces Gangplank as well as many other skins.
    Bunny Riven and Dragon Master Swain both getting/got a skin cause of the Popularity it got on the forums. The creator of the original idea of Bunny Riven Quit League before it came out though.

Quote from Meeaat »

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/related/1cjpc7/spirit_summoner_udyr_will_be_ultimate_and_will_be/

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes