This thread was marked as Locked by Dankaw.

Speculations! The new ultimate skin

Then the meta shifted to Ez Cait MF and everyone is saying how OP those three are now.

Don't forget Varus and Tristana

PS Ez has been nerfed 3 times in a row (lack of attack speed reduction has been the most severe) 

I hope it's eve. Her skins are trash, but she's a TON of fun. 

Actually, I hope it's not eve. She'll become FOTM again and get nerfed more.

Last edited by noblepesant: 6/7/2013 1:25:22 PM

Dragon Master Swain seems a sensible choice.

The Ahri idea mentioned is really appealing though.

I'd like to see a Rumble or Syndra evolving skin tbh. They both have potential, though I think they're too recent.

Quote from Meeaat »

Also, as for everyone saying ezreal wasn't popular before PFE, do none of you remember the holy trinity of graves, corki, ezreal? They were literally the only ADCs used for MONTHS. Just google 'graves corki ezreal' and you'll see loads of QQ threads saying how OP those three are.

Then the meta shifted to Ez Cait MF and everyone is saying how OP those three are now.

i remember and to be honest it was corki=graves>ezreal. yes holy trinity was a common term but if you go back and search some tournaments it was corki all over the place and graves being a super bully + favourite of some top adc, chaox mostly. ezreal was strong because of trinity being strong. back then you could build trinity on bruisers aswell without problems.

but yea its completely bullshit to say that ez was a bad carry in season 2 at any point. you can search for tier lists aswell, ezreal being in the mid of the carries, and that was even before holy trinity came up

Quote from EuWGasgano »

Quote from Meeaat »

Also, as for everyone saying ezreal wasn't popular before PFE, do none of you remember the holy trinity of graves, corki, ezreal? They were literally the only ADCs used for MONTHS. Just google 'graves corki ezreal' and you'll see loads of QQ threads saying how OP those three are.

i remember and to be honest it was corki=graves>ezreal. yes holy trinity was a common term but if you go back and search some tournaments it was corki all over the place and graves being a super bully + favourite of some top adc, chaox mostly. ezreal was strong because of trinity being strong. back then you could build trinity on bruisers aswell without problems.

revisionist history bro. 

Ezreal was considered extremely weak. people would flame when picking ezreal. Then perception changes (without buffs) and people realized that even tho he didnt play like a traditional adc, he was an amazing duelist with great mobility. 

The holy trinity developed AFTER ezreal perception changed

Quote from EuWGasgano »

but yea its completely bullshit to say that ez was a bad carry in season 2 at any point. you can search for tier lists aswell, ezreal being in the mid of the carries, and that was even before holy trinity came up

And here I agree with you. It is bullshit to say ez was bad. But the PERCEPTION was that he sucked. 

Morello teases about the next Ultimate skin by saying "we'll be keeping you in the dark because it's cooler"

Enjoy, the dark side of the moon :D

Quote from MrDrus »

Quote from Kiraquin »

Dragonmaster Swain is one of the most anticipated skins but hey, do people really play Swain that much to get an ultimate skin ? No matter how much you stretch it the skin can only be a legendary one in my eyes.

Dankmaw has already stated that Ez just before release PFE was considered a viable champ only vs bots. Merely noone played him competitively. It's, at least, what I know from this forujm - I'm a preseason 3 Lol player... -_-"

Pulsefire Ezreal had a splash art preview and was intended to be legendary back then, then it was "scrapped" because it wasn't that good.

And this happened a year before the actual release, so you should imagine how much it was anticipated.

Also, Swain will never be as popular as Ezreal that's for sure. But hey if we get a Dragonmaster ultimate skin then i'm all in.

Last edited by Kiraquin: 6/7/2013 2:54:55 PM

Quote from WizardOfAngmar »

Morello teases about the next Ultimate skin by saying "we'll be keeping you in the dark because it's cooler"

Enjoy, the dark side of the moon :D

That's it ! A Zilean ultimate skin !!!

I'd say Rumble is the most likely champion BY FAR. 1. He is a quite popular champion that have not been given any skins in a long time (similar to ezreal prior to PFE in that remark). 2. He has a mechanic that's about overheating, which could mean this mechanic could somehow swapped around in an ultimate skin, making the sentence "because he's cooler" a lot more understandable. 3. His model/concept could very easily have a "developing model", which i believe RIOT has stated that all ultimate skins will have. 4. Unlike many other champions being speculated about, most of the others have had some sort of other skin confirmed or teased. Little concrete has ever been given on the topic of rumble skins, possibly because they were planning something huge (this) and didn't want to give anything away.

If it's not rumble, then i guess Janna is quite possible too. Third hand choice for me is probably Kennen, he's really strong yet doesn't see much play outside Asia, and an ultimate skin could really increase his play rates à la PFE. Zilean skin WOULD BE AWESOME but not likely, he is quite unpopular and his kit is quite poorly designed. Would be bad for sales to pick him. Jax, Kat, Vayne, Ryze is possible too.

Quote from Meeaat »

I doubt it's for an ad carry. Ezreal got one, and he's mostly seen as an ADC. They'll probably got for a different type of character.

Ezreal became a thing shortly after that skin was released. He was literally played by doublelift only for months and even then he was known for vayne.

The trinity you speak of was an end of season 2 thing.

Is Shyvana a possibility for the ultimate skin? Scarizard is currently working on buffs for her...

Quote from noblepesant »

Quote from EuWGasgano »

Quote from Meeaat »

revisionist history bro. 

Ezreal was considered extremely weak. people would flame when picking ezreal. Then perception changes (without buffs) and people realized that even tho he didnt play like a traditional adc, he was an amazing duelist with great mobility. 

Honestly people were not wrong about Ezreal being garbage.

Sivir remake was really strong when she first popped up. Later she got like penta nerfed.

Graves had many patches with nerfs.

Kog had many patches with nerfs. Then AP kogmaw was good. More nerfs.

Vayne had nerfs.

Ezreal got a skin and people finally noticed him. But, its mostly that other ADC gods fell off.

"dark because it's cooler"

Lol, it'd be funny if Lissandra was the one who gets this ultimate skin. It'd be Riot's way of trolling everyone that assumes only older champs get the ultimate skin.

"Dont fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail."

Quote from Elmanbeastio »

Quote from noblepesant »

Quote from EuWGasgano »

Quote from Meeaat »

revisionist history bro. 

Honestly people were not wrong about Ezreal being garbage.

Sivir remake was really strong when she first popped up. Later she got like penta nerfed.

Graves had many patches with nerfs.

Kog had many patches with nerfs. Then AP kogmaw was good. More nerfs.

Vayne had nerfs.

Ezreal got a skin and people finally noticed him. But, its mostly that other ADC gods fell off.

Graves didn't get nerfed until well after EZ became popular. He was a part of the Holy Trinity at the end of S2. 

Update (in case anyone missed it): Morello just revealed that Dragonmaster Swain is not going to be the upcoming ultimate skin.

"Dont fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail."

Quote from noblepesant »

I hope it's eve. Her skins are trash, but she's a TON of fun. 

Actually, I hope it's not eve. She'll become FOTM again and get nerfed more.

I doubt it's for anyone who could be up for a visual rework.

It definately wont be a champions with a visual rework in the midst. 

That eliminates cho'gath, evelynn, heimerdinger, master yi, sion, sivir, taric, twitch and urgot. (according to http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion)

Or a champion with a recent legendary skin.

That eliminates kayle nocturne and anivia oncemore. 

We can eliminate Diana and Leona because we know Ironstylus would have babbled about something on the forums and his activity would increase.

PFE evolved as a small skin idea that continued to expand, meaning the champion has to have room for visual asthetics.

And the champion probably hasn't had a new skin recently because most of their time/effort was used on the ultimate skin.

Rumble and Jax were interesting suggestions. Unsure whether Jax has the visual asthetics for it. Rumble and viktor definately have the most room due to being robotic. Corki and blitzcrank would be interesting, but they did recieve recent skins.

And it will most likely not be a super popular pick similar to ezreal. He was indeed perceived as weak before PFE. Once PFE came out everyone started playing him a lot more. PFE came out in late spring and the "holy trinity" was late summer.

Talking about it starting off as a small skin and growing, what ever happened to scorched earth renekton?
    I doubt it is that, but that skin was around in PBE ages ago.

RoG's angry feminist.

New player? Check out my champs for new players list.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes