solo que jungling styles

I've watched I will dominate stream and couple of times and decided that I think his jungling style is the best for solo que (early game ganking machines like lee sin, elise and shacco) Do you guys think this is the best method for climbing up the elo ladder? It seems like with these champions they almost always get fed. These champions also seems to also snowball and make their other laners snowball because of how high their early game killing potential is

Ha there's like a bunch of different threads on this type of stuff, but yes snowballing as a jungler is almost guaranteed victory. Some of the best junglers to do this with are Lee Sin, Vi, Hec, J4, and xin. All have insane mobility and great ganks. I think it's a great way to climb elo but it's ultimately up to you as to what your play style is.

"To be forgotten is worse than death"

Dremoric Dran - NA

Yes 100% sure atleast for bronze silver gold. Those plus evelynn vi snowballers with sick early ganks

Oldschool gamer, gamer since birth

Another jungling style is to completely shutdown the other jungler by taking all of your buffs and their buffs. Often times this leads to very little ganking and your team QQ'ing because of it so if that is going to get you flustered then I wouldn't recommend it. Personally I find it satisfying knowing that the enemy Hec didn't get his first buff until 27 minutes into the game.

Quote from SilentReveries »

Another jungling style is to completely shutdown the other jungler by taking all of your buffs and their buffs. Often times this leads to very little ganking and your team QQ'ing because of it so if that is going to get you flustered then I wouldn't recommend it. Personally I find it satisfying knowing that the enemy Hec didn't get his first buff until 27 minutes into the game.

This. I have drastically changed my style to favor counterjungling as of late.

My team was mad at me on a game we were like 15-6 at because I did not gank as much. I had maybe 3 ganks all game, all 3 got kills if i recall. 

But more importantly, I stole 3 buffs, we took dragon early, I finished a tower at 7 mins from mid lane.

by lvl 14, their jungler was 11 If i recall. I hit lvl 18 first before any laners(my team at 17 on 2 peeps, enemy team in the 14's).

People need to realize that junglers have a LOT on their plate and they are NON STOP working somewhere in the map. They are also trying to keep minimap vision and have to know where you AND enemy team has been warding, timers, etc.

Counterjungling in low elo doesn't matter. Unless you can actually murder the other jungler, that is. Otherwise it  only really works if your team isn't shit. And if they're not , you might have just as well play gank heavy jungler anyway.

Otherwise, honestly, yes, you can steal buffs, dragons, and make the other junglers life a living hell, but the psychological effect of all that, is minimal. 

I cant even count how many games I've consistently stolen nearly all the buffs and kept doing counterganks. ALL that Xin on the other team has to do is gank 2-3 times and your team loses the will to fight. I've had a game couple of weeks ago when I've did very little ganks but taken 3 dragons, soloed fucking baron, all within 25 minutes (as Nunu) but the team still whined because the other guy did a good gank or two. 

Ganking gives you map presence, and that makes a huge impact on uncoordinated teams. Counterjunglign does not do that.

Last edited by Kantuti: 6/17/2013 4:14:56 PM

Quote from Kantuti »

Counterjungling in low elo doesn't matter. Unless you can actually murder the other jungler, that is. Otherwise it  only really works if your team isn't shit. And if they're not , you might have just as well play gank heavy jungler anyway.

Otherwise, honestly, yes, you can steal buffs, dragons, and make the other junglers life a living hell, but the psychological effect of all that, is minimal. 

I cant even count how many games I've consistently stolen nearly all the buffs and kept doing counterganks. ALL that Xin on the other team has to do is gank 2-3 times and your team loses the will to fight. I've had a game couple of weeks ago when I've did very little ganks but taken 3 dragons, soloed fucking baron, all within 25 minutes (as Nunu) but the team still whined because the other guy did a good gank or two. 

Ganking gives you map presence, and that makes a huge impact on uncoordinated teams. Counterjunglign does not do that.

Except that counterjungling makes your opponent spend time cleaning a worthless jungle, and double punishes a failed gank. It makes the enemy fall behind in levels and makes their gank heavy style weaker and weaker.

Unless they have 100% success ratio, counterjungling is worth it. You also get stronger ganks yourself as you steal more buffs. And dragon is worth 1k gold.

The moment you countergank enemy jungler with his own buffs, that gank is gonna get turned around immediately by your money/level/buff lead and possibly even ultimate vs non ultimate.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes