This thread was marked as Locked by Dankaw.

Finally I hit Platinum

XD It feels so nice to win a ranked game and earn 33LP for a victory again. I'm currently sitting at 74 LP. Twisted fate you are a god among men. 

Now on my way to diamond XD

Congratulations Sir!

thanks

Whats your secret? 

Teach me master

congrats

Last edited by B4hell: 6/24/2013 3:28:48 AM

Congratulations!

I don't know why but climbing in platinum is a lot smoother than climbing from gold 1 to platinum; it seems to be a true bottleneck.

it seems like it's gonna be easier than gold was to climb

Actually i think gold is easier to climb than silver (im on EUW). x)

Back before my computer completely died I was almost plat, and it seemed like half the people were truly incompetent and the other half were pretty good, making it seem a bit of a roll of the dice sort of situation (even though I had won like 20 in a row it was incredibly frustrating)

Quote from NorthernSquirrel »

Congratulations!

I don't know why but climbing in platinum is a lot smoother than climbing from gold 1 to platinum; it seems to be a true bottleneck.

Quote from acerunner»

I would argue. The higher you are the harder to outplay opponents and bring more than enemy does. The reason gold is hard to climb is not because people are bad, but they got no clue what to do and when. You need to either stomp your lane or give them goals.

Congratulations man

-----

Quote from Dankaw »

Congratulations!

Quote from acerunner»

I would argue. The higher you are the harder to outplay opponents and bring more than enemy does. The reason gold is hard to climb is not because people are bad, but they got no clue what to do and when. You need to either stomp your lane or give them goals.

Out playing isn't my issue right now. It's getting team mates that understand the game. I'm winning most of my games ( 3/4 at least and i just went on an 11 game win streak ) and i find that when i lose is usually because of someone not understanding how to play the comp we picked.

Quote from 10feet »

Congratulations man

thanks 

maybe our team can win now QQ

Quote from Dankaw »

Congratulations!

Quote from acerunner»

I think it's more to do with the mentality. In Gold 1 a lot of people are frustrated and think they are better than they actually are. Once they hit Platinum, everyone seems to ease up and concentrate on actually playing the game instead of hitting platinum and blaming other people for being unable to break through their promotion series..

Quote from Dankaw »

Congratulations!

Quote from acerunner»

in gold there are still TONS of basic mistakes made, so i would argue that gold is not high enough for it being "hard to outplay your opponents", you just need to get better at capitalizing on their mistakes but yes as you get higher up the ladder it does become harder to some extent, but that doesn't start in gold. the major factor that ive seen while playing is that the most important thing for success in gold is the ability to play well with your team, and that has been the aspect ive been most struggling with since my computer has been repaired.  now i havent really played that much ranked this season, but before my computer broke i was able to get my team to work together to win the game even if we were behind, and since ive gotten it back ive only had a few games where i felt that it was a team effort, it was either i stomped my lane hard enough to carry or i didnt, and ive been having a hardtime getting back into getting that teamwork flowing, and as such ive been seeing fewer wins. idont feel like ive been playing worse in lane, in the last 10 games i only lost lane one time (fuk getting ganked from behind through your own jungle, mids need to learn to ward :/) and i was able to still stay in the game and help the team win, which is fairly consistent with how i play most of the time.

the difference for winning or losing games that ive had this season is mostly whether we work together to take down objectives or not, and less important than whether we win all our lanes or not(although that obviously does help).

Quote from Dankaw »

Congratulations!

Quote from acerunner»

I think it's more to do with the mentality. In Gold 1 a lot of people are frustrated and think they are better than they actually are. Once they hit Platinum, everyone seems to ease up and concentrate on actually playing the game instead of hitting platinum and blaming other people for being unable to break through their promotion series..

I think it easier to climb higher leagues/ tiers IF you truly are better skillwise than your current tier. Since people in higher Leagues play generally better, games are not as random as in lower leagues, where people often have no idea of the game. I feel that i can carry easily in Plat, while only losing some because of incompetent teammates. In lower Leagues i lose( and win) much more games because of totally incompetent players.

just some numbers to clarify my point, just wild guesses tho :

• Silver : games decided by one or more troll/noob/leaver etc 40% , games you can decide with your skill : 60%
    • Platinum : games decided by one or more troll/noob/leaver etc 10% , games you can decide with your skill : 90%

This is expecially a factor for roles / playestyles, that dont focus on snowballing (for example support)

Congrats bro. I hope that at least it's at least less hectic.

Quote from mizary2102 »

Quote from Dankaw »

Congratulations!

Quote from acerunner»

I think it easier to climb higher leagues/ tiers IF you truly are better skillwise than your current tier. Since people in higher Leagues play generally better, games are not as random as in lower leagues, where people often have no idea of the game. I feel that i can carry easily in Plat, while only losing some because of incompetent teammates. In lower Leagues i lose( and win) much more games because of totally incompetent players.

just some numbers to clarify my point, just wild guesses tho :

• Silver : games decided by one or more troll/noob/leaver etc 40% , games you can decide with your skill : 60%
    • Platinum : games decided by one or more troll/noob/leaver etc 10% , games you can decide with your skill : 90%

This is expecially a factor for roles / playestyles, that dont focus on snowballing (for example support)

^ this. I'm already at my plat 4 promo series with a win and a loss

Quote from acerunner »

Out playing isn't my issue right now. It's getting team mates that understand the game. I'm winning most of my games ( 3/4 at least and i just went on an 11 game win streak ) and i find that when i lose is usually because of someone not understanding how to play the comp we picked.

Mentality is somewhat a problem in division I, but what i talked about applies to every league - ability to handle obstacles. Every tier got some problems and you are there to overcome them. You can do it by many ways but some are more efficient than others. If you can't handle certain range of elo, your skill is too low.

Copy paste from my guide:

• Individual skill

Lastly, you need to improve yourself in order to get to higher. Remember, skill is not only tied to mechanics. It's knowledge, awareness, teamwork, experience, creative thinking and other small factors too. Personally, my mechanics sucks but my knowledge and teamwork is at really high level. So if everything above fails, you want to work on your skill to climb the ladder.

Mind that average skills can easily get you out of low elo, as it's often what those guys lack.
    Leadership skills and good initiations is mid elo biggest problem.
    High elo is weird, i can't really say whats problem in here.

So ace - if you could surpass the problem in gold (by one way or another), there are others you may not be able to - and from my experience it's huge amount of throws in plat.

Second, their team is better now as well. They will know how their team comp works as well. 50% skill rises in the enemy team, 40% in yours, 10% is your influence. If you won't get better, you will hit the wall.

Quote from Dankaw »

So ace - if you could surpass the problem in gold (by one way or another), there are others you may not be able to - and from my experience it's huge amount of throws in plat.

Second, their team is better now as well. They will know how their team comp works as well. 50% skill rises in the enemy team, 40% in yours, 10% is your influence. If you won't get better, you will hit the wall.

Gotta agree with the throws. They occur much more often then in gold. I think it is just because in Plat people start to know how to abuse some bad plays, while in gold most people have no idea how to capatilze on them.

Quote from mizary2102 »

Quote from Dankaw »

Gotta agree with the throws. They occur much more often then in gold. I think it is just because in Plat people start to know how to abuse some bad plays, while in gold most people have no idea how to capatilze on them.

I don't know, people still throw pretty hard. I just had a game where our Leona support stole baron over the wall without vision with her ultimate, which turned the game around for us.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes