This thread was Locked by Dankaw.

Diana help thread

So this thread is not a QQ thread it is me simply asking for opinions of her combo.

So im sure most of you guys are aware you can r and then q and still get the reset. I personally find this kinda risky? Like I have barely used it and I feel there is a larger potential for fail than there is for success. What are your guys opinions on doing this, also how much time does it really save? Another thing is do you guys like to take e at level 4 or level 8?

No. I am not aware you can "R" and then "Q" and get the reset. Please explain. 
    I take E when I think I am ready to do a full engage. 

Last edited by Swagstallion: 12/14/2013 12:33:38 PM

He means like how this video illustrates:

I don't Diana and definitely have not tried this in practice. But it seems to me that if you actually do have the skill to pull this off consistently it'd only help you; when I lane against Diana I'll always back off after getting marked by Q (assuming I'm playing a squishy who's especially vulnerable to Diana post-6) and depending on how far I'm standing away when I first get marked, she doesn't get as favorable an engage as she might desire. And I'm not so sure about not taking E at all until 8; it can help assist jungle ganks, if any.

tenQ SteppenKat for boss signature :D im like worst support NA 

Well so basically when you R you can Q while you are going to them and it makes it easier to hit if you are on unlocked camera like other shots like that. Scarra made it rather popular and some people find it effective while others do not see the huge benefits. I find myself switching between that and just doing the regular combo. Also as this video explains a lot of people argue it is better for chasing because you do not like have the cast animation of the Q

Here is a video demonstrating it:

Last edited by Zkjn: 12/14/2013 12:49:48 PM

Hypothetically I can see this as being useful when chasing down targets because of the cast time on her Q if they're at max range (since if they're at max range and you don't have more MS than them you can never Q-R them because by the time the cast on Q is finished they will have moved out of range).

I've not tried this (I didn't actually know it was a thing), but generally using Q-R to a minion then using R-E-W on whoever you're chasing (assuming they're running away after you've already jumped them once and have <=50% health) and just auto attack them to death (particularly given that at level 18 Diana's passive outdamages her ult anyway) works fine anyway, unless there are multiple MIAs (in which case why are you chasing?).

Also leaving E until level 8 is dumb. You can pretty easily bait out kills or flashes (with or, if you've been hitting your Q's, without jungle assistance) with E+W+ignite and a passive proc or two at level 4 against a lot of champions. 

Last edited by artful_lounger: 12/14/2013 12:56:29 PM

I havent really tried the ulti trick, usually i´m just spam poking and when i finally hit that Q which puts them at 50-60% then i go all in on that debuff. However i can find this very useful vs Ezreal or other ADC with jumps, since you can guarantee that your ult will be ready for the time he blinks away which usually results in flash for the opponent.

I´m taking E at lvl 5 for the most time because i want to have it available by the time I hit 6, and i prioritize the extra poke or shield in the early game.  But if I¨m teamed up with a jungler with good early ganks then i would probably pick at lvl 3 or 4 instead.

You can also Q and immediately R while it's still in the air. As long as your Q hits, R will reset.

Like my posts? Check out my youtube channel. Woo! Exciting!

Been testing this in a custom and it took a bit but I have adjusted to it pretty fast, not sure if I am comfortable to do this all the time, but it is growing on me.

I've not been having much success with this. I've had a few occasions when I've ulted in after hitting the Q for it to fail. The Q debuff is consumed but the ult goes on full cooldown. Got me killed a few times!

Quote from DaZzLRaZzL »

I've not been having much success with this. I've had a few occasions when I've ulted in after hitting the Q for it to fail. The Q debuff is consumed but the ult goes on full cooldown. Got me killed a few times!

Sorry.

Quote from Zkjn »
    Quote from DaZzLRaZzL »

Sorry.

Baha this was pre this thread so I can't blame you! I've been messing around with her in the jungle!

me to in customs!

Quote from DaZzLRaZzL »
    Quote from Zkjn »
    Quote from DaZzLRaZzL »

Sorry.

Baha this was pre this thread so I can't blame you! I've been messing around with her in the jungle!

Me to in customs!

I don't think Diana has an "ultimate combo". I know about the "trick", but it's kinda risky like you say. However, I find that as long as you keep your shield up and play it safe, you can get away with plenty mistakes. 

What I find most key to my Diana gameplay, is to MAKE SURE that I get a passive proc in my "combo". Like, I ready it so I know for certain that when I R, I WILL get an enhanced auto on my enemy. It really makes a difference, no matter whether you QR or RQ. Just remember to try and use W both offensively and defensively. The damage it brings into the fight is pretty significant, and it allows you to get away if you screw up.

Of course, getting the ultimate reset will greatly heighten your kill potential, especially early game. Late game, you should have got enough CDR and your passive should deal enough damage so that it wont matter a great deal.

Don't be a jerk

I play Diana all the time and i haven't tried this so far lol, i go try it immediately in a custom.

As for E: i take it at lvl3 or lvl4.
    Very important for assisting ganks; and in trades it keeps enemy laner in range for the aa proc, and gives time all the shield orbs to hit.

Quote from toughpotato »

I play Diana all the time and i haven't tried this so far lol, i go try it immediately in a custom.

As for E: i take it at lvl3 or lvl4.
    Very important for assisting ganks; and in trades it keeps enemy laner in range for the aa proc, and gives time all the shield orbs to hit.

Post your results and if you feel like it you could post a video of you doing it.

Quote from Yuuria »

I don't think Diana has an "ultimate combo". I know about the "trick", but it's kinda risky like you say. However, I find that as long as you keep your shield up and play it safe, you can get away with plenty mistakes. 

What I find most key to my Diana gameplay, is to MAKE SURE that I get a passive proc in my "combo". Like, I ready it so I know for certain that when I R, I WILL get an enhanced auto on my enemy. It really makes a difference, no matter whether you QR or RQ. Just remember to try and use W both offensively and defensively. The damage it brings into the fight is pretty significant, and it allows you to get away if you screw up.

Of course, getting the ultimate reset will greatly heighten your kill potential, especially early game. Late game, you should have got enough CDR and your passive should deal enough damage so that it wont matter a great deal.

Yes! Thank you for reminding me I can not stress enough that what separates Diana players from good Diana players if the use of there passive in fights and in all ins! As for you point out the shield tip I also want to bring something up. If you are coming out of a 1v1 and you think you can not kill them and you are running away with an ignite that is going to kill you you can flash to wraiths or a nearby camp or r to them and it will make your shield proc again which can save your life. Yes I realize this is very situational but I know it has personally saved my life a couple of times.

@Zkjn

I love Diana and I'm fairly comfortable with the Q-->R (ult before the Q lands) but I was unaware of an R Q combo. Time for customs!!!! TYSM <3

Last edited by Rickrosee: 12/14/2013 4:19:43 PM

it doesnt seem to work. the r q combo 

i cant even come close to doing it....

Quote from cofi0013 »

it doesnt seem to work. the r q combo 

i cant even come close to doing it....

Watch the video it helps and practice on jungle creeps

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes