This thread was Locked by Dankaw.

Diamond mid and top, ask me anything

I saw one diamond 1 sion when I was playing 5v5 ranked with my team, but he did't do really well.

He was kind of a threat with his speed but with proper wards he really wasnt able to do much

erm, how do i get to diamond? 

Hmmm... How to effectively face Gragas? He is tanky, you can't zone him out of the lane, and he can istaburst you from 100 to 0. Plus, he almost always wins in cs in the late game, even if i'm winning by 20-40 in the laning phase.

Note that I don't like assassin like champs like Fizz or Talon, I main Ziggs, Lux, Lissandra, etc.

You basically need to own  ur lane and then help your team secure objectives, gank lanes and such, otherwise pray they can do that.

Then take something that can farm as well as he can, he relies on oneshotting ranges creeps with his barell and theres plenty of others who can oneshot ranged creeps with their level 9 ability, I like playing leblanc vs him because he literally cant do anything if you zone him correctly, if he still farms max w and oneshot creeps like he does new leblanc can oneshot with max w.

Quote from prwtokoulos »

Hmmm... How to effectively face Gragas? He is tanky, you can't zone him out of the lane, and he can istaburst you from 100 to 0. Plus, he almost always wins in cs in the late game, even if i'm winning by 20-40 in the laning phase.

Note that I don't like assassin like champs like Fizz or Talon, I main Ziggs, Lux, Lissandra, etc.

You can actually try to make him choose between using Q for creeps or for harassing you by not being in proximity to your creeps. 
    If he wishes to farm with Q, his only way of dealing damage to you is ult and E, either of those spells probably won't hurt you and he'll need one of those in order to make an escape in case you punish him for farming.
    Ward the enemy's wraith camp in such a manner that you A) get vision of them B) don't have to blow a second ward for that direction.
    If you're on blue side, you can ward the tip of the brush adjacent to purple side's red buff to know when he's doing wraiths.
    Once you keep track of him, you can creepjack him with his pants down, since he needs to use E+Q to clear Wraith's efficiently.
    So, all that's left is outsustaining him in the mana department and I believe the basic item paths for Ziggs, Lux and Lissandra include Chalice of Harmony, while Gragas usually builds double dorans into Deathcap.

Last edited by TehDookOfPrunes: 8/11/2013 2:16:35 AM

How to deal with all-out fizzinators, kayles, rivens? They always seem to manage killing me somehow, survive my poke without problems and push the lane way harder than me. If it is somehow manageable, as soon as they get a semi-offensive item like Abyssal and don't have 30 MR anymore they just wreak havoc all the way. 

TL;DR: How do i counter all the cheese q.q? Maybe my point of view is just wrong and i focus on the wrong things?

What are the hardest common counterpicks/builds you see?

And what do you think about jungle Fiddle

Last edited by someone010101: 8/11/2013 6:36:01 AM

MMR's rising and falling ~~ My Ranked Diary :http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1272649

Well I have a shitton of rengar games and when someone builds ninja tabi, I cry in my soul.

Also good jax isn't fun to face as rengar, its managable but you need a lot more skill than he does.

Leblanc vs someone who can stun + jungler sitting in ur bush is also pretty unfun.

Kassadin vs mage post 6 extremely unfun.

I love jungle fiddle, especially when you go to their wraiths and ult the enemy mid from there ahahaha, countless heartattacks  <3

I like going zed vs fizz, if u time it right u can evade his ult and q w with ur ult and I like lux a lot too, shes extra safe and he cant kill me due to w.

Kayle = haven't faced much of her but when I do its ussualy on top lane and I ussualy have no problems winning my lane as rengar/jax/riven basically dont take something without monility cuz her q sucks.

Riven = I never lost vs riven as Rengar/Darius/ect , shes pretty easy to deal with after her cheese potential is gone, I like going hp belt thingie + 2 dorans as darius and she basically can't touch me unless she wants to die.

Quote from Zheruel »

I like going zed vs fizz, if u time it right u can evade his ult and q w with ur ult and I like lux a lot too, shes extra safe and he cant kill me due to w.

Kayle = haven't faced much of her but when I do its ussualy on top lane and I ussualy have no problems winning my lane as rengar/jax/riven basically dont take something without monility cuz her q sucks.

Riven = I never lost vs riven as Rengar/Darius/ect , shes pretty easy to deal with after her cheese potential is gone, I like going hp belt thingie + 2 dorans as darius and she basically can't touch me unless she wants to die.

So you basically say tanky bruisers, champions with lots of mobility, champs with shields and ranged champions are good against earlygame in-lane killing cheese?

But when I said range, I don't mean somethinng with no escape to answer if someone jumps you and tries to cheese you, but yes those above can work around that. I honestly don't know what exactly you play but if you told me I could give you some tips to play vs them

Quote from Zheruel »

But when I said range, I don't mean somethinng with no escape to answer if someone jumps you and tries to cheese you, but yes those above can work around that. I honestly don't know what exactly you play but if you told me I could give you some tips to play vs them

I play Lissandra, Singed, Zac and Rumble in Top/Mid. I often fail against cheesy Pantheons, Fizzes, Jayces (not with Singed), Lee's, Ryzes, Tryndameres, Rivens, Kayles, Talons.

with zac/rumble really?

I didn't actually play much with zac post all nerfs but I renember he was a mega monster when he started 2 regen beads then went for an early sunfire when I was ad.

Rumble was always strong, you should be able to outtrade them if not just farm and get items, ur gonna be strong with ur ult anyway.

Hey, I got two questions for you:

1. Top lane is the only lane I can't really play, and though it is very rare, I sometimes do get forced to go top when playing ranked, in which case I play either lee sin, singed, or nasus. Would you think it would be worth the time to learn rumble, and make him my main top (or would you rather suggest someone else)?

2. I feel that the main factor winning games around lower gold (or silver) is hard aoe cc, I don't know what your opinion is on this but I am convinced have a really big chance winning the game by just picking someone like Sejuani/Amumu, which leads to my question: Is Galio viable enough to pick up, or are there too many factors which actually make him useless/underpowered?

<pre>"There are few things as invigorating as taking a mind apart, piece by piece."</pre>

Rumble is a very strong pick, but I wouldn't suggest him personally.

Try something like renekton.

I've seen galios do good and feed horribly, his ult is an asset to your team but I would pick orianna over him any time.

Hello
    So I main top. I enjoy playing top lane since is the lane where you get to rly duel. Its not like mid or bot where is all about jungler ganks and mid roaming. Top lane (usually) gets an lvl3 jungler gank(4 in rare cases) and post that point its left alone, unsless ofc u r destroying enemy top laner to a point where he starts crying to his team to go gank his lane with mid lane. That is as far as i know good for my team since my team may focus on takeing something like drake or ganking bot. So my question would be: "Is there something that a top laner can do to help his team besides: 1. win his lane and force enemy jungler to gank, 2. take a turret and give your team 750 gold 3. try to gank mid?"

Quote from lifoc »

Hello
    So I main top. I enjoy playing top lane since is the lane where you get to rly duel. Its not like mid or bot where is all about jungler ganks and mid roaming. Top lane (usually) gets an lvl3 jungler gank(4 in rare cases) and post that point its left alone, unsless ofc u r destroying enemy top laner to a point where he starts crying to his team to go gank his lane with mid lane. That is as far as i know good for my team since my team may focus on takeing something like drake or ganking bot. So my question would be: "Is there something that a top laner can do to help his team besides: 1. win his lane and force enemy jungler to gank, 2. take a turret and give your team 750 gold 3. try to gank mid?"

Maybe get really 1337 and pick teleport - you lose tons of lane presence but are able to influence the game alot. All you need with this is farm and a champion who can abuse this (farm scaling, ganking power). If you can still win your lane vs. an enemy with ignite you are a god. You also gain the benefit of getting base really fast at one point in the earlygame, so if you are against a huge lane bully like Rumble, Kennen you can try to secure as much farm as possible and then b just to tp right into lane again with item advantage. Pretty much the only way i can see you winning your lane.

My suggested champions for top with TP would be Ryze, Nasus, Cho'Gath, Lissandra, Malphite, Zac etc.

Hes pretty much right here, but as soon as you take the tower you have 2 choices,

1.Join your team.

2.Splitpush top all day.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes