website redirect loop

"This webpage has a redirect loop
    The webpage at http://www.reignofgaming.net/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer."

things to note about this issue:
    i did just get a new laptop so it might have something  to do with not having some kind of plug-in installed.
    the laptop is running windows 8.
    it happens every time i try to access the site on google chrome and internet explorer, but not mozilla firefox.
    the status bar in the bottom left of the page appears to be jumping back and forth between "waiting for reignofgaming.net..."  and "waiting for auth.curse.com..." before the error page appears.

Last edited by CaterpillarCake: 1/18/2013 11:43:23 PM

oh it is for this site, in case i forgot to mention that.

the time on the laptop is probably off, this has happened to me alot

if that doesnt fix it run ccleaner, that fixed it for me 

nope.

i did run cc cleaner and ...my laptop time is correct?  considering it doesnt happen to any other website, i am 90% sure its not a problem on my end.

Last edited by CaterpillarCake: 1/19/2013 3:25:37 PM

make sure you are using internet time on your clock.

Last edited by inb4jelly: 1/20/2013 3:51:41 AM

you were right.  i updated my clock to internet time and i can access the website now.

before i had set it manually, and i guess because my laptop is new, it hadn't automatically updated yet.

strange bug(?) tho

Last edited by CaterpillarCake: 1/20/2013 2:52:10 PM

I'm experiencing this bug myself from time to time, fixing the time is a work around, at least for me.

Hell is other people  
    -Jean-Paul Sartre

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes