My Journey from Bronze to Gold in 2 months

Good luck getting to gold!

About being demoralized, well there's not much anyone can do about it except yourself. As chiorae said it's a game, so if you have trouble with ranked play some casual normal, aram or dominion games and then get back to ranked. Also if I didn't enjoy ranked I'd probably quit playing it, cause it's a game and if what I do is not fun I might as well play sth. else.

I'd recommend to start playing ranked earlier next season, that way you might feel less stressed out. It's just unnecessary pressure on you :)

After I big break I think I am going to start playing ranked again. Not going to post summaries of every game in detail though.

I have only been playing Normal draft and have only been playing Nasus, Rengar, Talon, Miss Fortune, and Zyra

I've been doing very well with them and I feel a lot more confident now.

Last edited by Ebp90: 9/20/2013 9:59:35 PM

did you hit gold yet?

What happened to this topic? I checked your Lolking and you're still Bronze. I was hoping my fellow RoGer will continue their journey to Gold... I'm currently Silver and trying to climb to Gold right now,shame to see you're not climbing anymore ):

I was Bronze IV in the beginning of season 3, then i knuckled down and concentrated on champs i wanted to play and got really good with them, i hit Platinum V like a week ago, so my advice, yes you can pick whats strong but in my experience champions you get really good is so much more valuable as oppose to flavor of the month :)

Edit - I forgot to say, Good Luck friend, hope you achieve Gold before the season end.

Last edited by HaWXx_Is_Rippin: 10/6/2013 5:29:50 PM

Quote from IAmCasdin »

Sweet man, please keep updating this, i want to see your progress :)

Also, dont listen to da haterz, Karma is hidden op ;)

Annie is also pretty strong mid. She can roam and is able to destroy most popular mid laners currently.

^ I agree. I'm not much of a AP mid player but when I finally went mid and took Annie, I went legendary and never look back. It was hilarious. Not to mention my lane opponent was in Gold while I was in Silver. XD

I'm DearUncleHermit a.k.a Karion Madenar Latanos.

Support me on Facebook/YouTube!

Ebp90, you have little time left to get that Gold! Tighten up your belt!

PS: I'm Silver I in the SG/MY garena server. I'm on YouTube as well if you want to watch some of my ranked videos. My IGN there is DearUncleHermit.

I'm DearUncleHermit a.k.a Karion Madenar Latanos.

Support me on Facebook/YouTube!

I've been in my promos for bronze 2 for at least 2 months now...ranked just isn't something I enjoy.

I don't know if you are having bad luck or if I was just lucky. Went from Bronze 3 to Gold in 1 month, also I almost never lost my lane. The only times I had trouble in lane began in Silver 1. It also took me 2 weeks to get out of silver 1. I played almost only Riven. Won some lost games by splitpushing. Started with 0 Riven games now 109. So it took me around 109 games to get to gold. Just keep your head up is my advice. Sticking with 1 champion and 1 lane worked for me. Also, dont flame, only possitive comments. Every bit of negativity destroys games. Try to help out other lanes when you're ahead. Warding the enemy jungle also works. Just kill their jungler when you see them. Let your team know you're going to splitpush and that they should pressure other lanes (only if the enemy has to send their MVP or 2 people to kill you). Making good choices helped me climb. Ignore everyone that flames of feeds and focus on your own. I've won games where our mid for example played like plastic 5 but I'd tell them to try to farm up and be carefull and I would help him out. Once again, flame just destroys games more than feed. Read my post about when I got to silver. I hope I can help you a bit.

Also, I always picked Riven even when I was first pick, the enemies would counterpick me, without having a clue how to play that champion. I can say that in those 109 games 90% I faced a Garen, Renekton or Jax(counterpicks to Riven) and almost always won my lane

Quote from ZakelijkeZak »

I don't know if you are having bad luck or if I was just lucky. Went from Bronze 3 to Gold in 1 month, also I almost never lost my lane. The only times I had trouble in lane began in Silver 1. It also took me 2 weeks to get out of silver 1. I played almost only Riven. Won some lost games by splitpushing. Started with 0 Riven games now 109. So it took me around 109 games to get to gold. Just keep your head up is my advice. Sticking with 1 champion and 1 lane worked for me. Also, dont flame, only possitive comments. Every bit of negativity destroys games. Try to help out other lanes when you're ahead. Warding the enemy jungle also works. Just kill their jungler when you see them. Let your team know you're going to splitpush and that they should pressure other lanes (only if the enemy has to send their MVP or 2 people to kill you). Making good choices helped me climb. Ignore everyone that flames of feeds and focus on your own. I've won games where our mid for example played like plastic 5 but I'd tell them to try to farm up and be carefull and I would help him out. Once again, flame just destroys games more than feed. Read my post about when I got to silver. I hope I can help you a bit.

Hey thanks for the advice.

It wasn't that I was having trouble. When I made this thread I played about 6 games and got to my promos for bronze 2. I played one game then got tired of it. I just don't enjoy ranked.

Oh well I felt the same, I never played ranked and I just basically hated it. But then I heard the end of the season was coming close and you had to be gold for the skin. So I instantly had a lot of motivation. I used to be affraid of ranked too. But after my road to gold I don't even want to play normals anymore. I dont hate ranked anymore and now I enjoy it. I realised that you learn so much more from ranked, and you will be less likely to be queued with trolls. I don't want to force you or something but this is how I experienced it:)

Hi!

I had a potential fear of playing ranked. i didnt enjoy playing it, because loosing lp sux. because being demoted sux.

i ended up in Bronze V.

Then a change in myself occured: as ranked games no longer mattered to me in a matter of "if i cant reach silver im stuck because of bronze retards" 

also im bronze V now, so who cares, anyway.

i began ignoring the people. i just searched for a way of carrying the game myself.

it was the best that could happen to me since i now started to do what i should have been doing since i started playing league: 

i focused on improving myself. i used to flame hard, i tried to improve OTHERS, rather than myself. and look where i got: bronze 5.

i decided to tryhard and analyze every single game. what has lost us the game?

what if that retard on bot lane really is a decent player but just go outplayed from the enemy jungler?

how can i prevent that?

should i buy wards for top lane?

i skyrocketed back to bronze 1, i'm now in silver.

my playstyle improved in a massive way, even the people i used to play with said i'm a completely different play as i was back then.

the only thing that carried me out of bronze was: i realized how bad i truly am, rather than playing the blame game.

the result is a me that enjoys ranked games much more than i used to, and im kinda bored of normals.

because i want to improve. and you do by playing ranked. 

i hope this small text about my mindset can provide some help on your way to gold.

have a nice day and good luck in soloQ!

PS: also forgive my english pls.

• Oh well I felt the same, I never played ranked and I just basically hated it. But then I heard the end of the season was coming close and you had to be gold for the skin. So I instantly had a lot of motivation. I used to be affraid of ranked too. But after my road to gold I don't even want to play normals anymore. I dont hate ranked anymore and now I enjoy it. I realised that you learn so much more from ranked, and you will be less likely to be queued with trolls. I don't want to force you or something but this is how I experienced it:)

I would be so much more motivated if it was Victorious Rengar or Nasus.

The reasons I hate ranked are

• The fear of losing- I hate the feeling of throwing a game or playing bad.
    • Trolls/Flamers- I hate having to play with people who flame each other the whole game or troll.
    • Getting stuck with roles I hate/can't carry with- My favorite roles are (in this order) Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, Support. I enjoy playing Top, Jungle, and Mid, but I cannot stand bot lane (Facing lanes like Blitz-Draven is hell.) I just hate it. If I want to play Ezreal I will just play him Mid and still build normally.
    • Friends- they can see my rating and can criticize me. 

How do I get past these things.

Quote from flowinho »

Hi!

I had a potential fear of playing ranked. i didnt enjoy playing it, because loosing lp sux. because being demoted sux.

i ended up in Bronze V.

Then a change in myself occured: as ranked games no longer mattered to me in a matter of "if i cant reach silver im stuck because of bronze retards" 

also im bronze V now, so who cares, anyway.

i began ignoring the people. i just searched for a way of carrying the game myself.

it was the best that could happen to me since i now started to do what i should have been doing since i started playing league: 

i focused on improving myself. i used to flame hard, i tried to improve OTHERS, rather than myself. and look where i got: bronze 5.

i decided to tryhard and analyze every single game. what has lost us the game?

what if that retard on bot lane really is a decent player but just go outplayed from the enemy jungler?

how can i prevent that?

should i buy wards for top lane?

i skyrocketed back to bronze 1, i'm now in silver.

my playstyle improved in a massive way, even the people i used to play with said i'm a completely different play as i was back then.

the only thing that carried me out of bronze was: i realized how bad i truly am, rather than playing the blame game.

the result is a me that enjoys ranked games much more than i used to, and im kinda bored of normals.

because i want to improve. and you do by playing ranked. 

i hope this small text about my mindset can provide some help on your way to gold.

have a nice day and good luck in soloQ!

PS: also forgive my english pls.

Nice good work man, I wish I could find your motivation and determination.

And as far as your English goes it is fine, besides grammatical errors.

Quote from Ebp90 »

• Oh well I felt the same, I never played ranked and I just basically hated it. But then I heard the end of the season was coming close and you had to be gold for the skin. So I instantly had a lot of motivation. I used to be affraid of ranked too. But after my road to gold I don't even want to play normals anymore. I dont hate ranked anymore and now I enjoy it. I realised that you learn so much more from ranked, and you will be less likely to be queued with trolls. I don't want to force you or something but this is how I experienced it:)

I would be so much more motivated if it was Victorious Rengar or Nasus.

The reasons I hate ranked are

• The fear of losing- I hate the feeling of throwing a game or playing bad.
    • Trolls/Flamers- I hate having to play with people who flame each other the whole game or troll.
    • Getting stuck with roles I hate/can't carry with- My favorite roles are (in this order) Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, Support. I enjoy playing Top, Jungle, and Mid, but I cannot stand bot lane (Facing lanes like Blitz-Draven is hell.) I just hate it. If I want to play Ezreal I will just play him Mid and still build normally.
    • Friends- they can see my rating and can criticize me. 

How do I get past these things.

- fear of losing: you dont have to win. one of the teams will win. thats it. try to treat ranked like normals, but the tryhard way. what i mean is: go for champs that fit in your team, go for good runes and masteries. but dont hesitate to do something dangerous, go and test what you can do with this champs. this way you'll get immediate response wether your action was good or not. and the feedback is far better than when playing normals. try not to win, but dominate your lane. try to "make da plays" and look what you are capable. the wins? they will come. and they will come in a larger number the more you feel confident about yourself.

- trolls / flamers: i have met a lot of nice players in league, and they are part of my amazing experience in this game. they play in all divisions (excluding challenger). do you know what they talk about in ts? how annoying flamers / trolls are. it happens everyhwere. try to mute people, try to argue with them (dont overextend, focus on your play). what helped me the most was the sentence: "dont care 'bout this dip**** - you won't remember him in the next game."

- lanes: well thats something you have to deal with. you just have to learn the playstyle of different lanes / champs. even as a midlaner you have to understand how the champs down there in botlane will play and how their mechanics work. so the best thing to do? play those lanes. and dont care about winning. try to understand and learn the lanes you are afraid of. you dont have to master them, but to understand them. 

- friends: thats an obvious one: if they laugh at you they are douchebags, not friends. if they critize you try to take them seriously. ask them WHAT EXACTLY you are doing wrong in their oppinion. try to improve that. also dont listen to them too much, since people in higher division tend to act all high and mighty.

hope this helps =)

Last edited by flowinho: 10/9/2013 4:51:57 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes