This thread was Locked by Dankaw.

Your Idea's On How To Build Jax?

Jax along with Shen, Irelia & Lee Sin is one of the champions I use for top. But with the new items that are out, its sorta hard to pick which ones to use on him. the items I was thinking to use are: Iceborn Gauntlets, Zeyphr, Ninja Tabi, Guardian Angel, Infinity Edge, Hextech Gunblade, Banshee's Veil, Spirit Of The Elder Lizard & Phantom Dancer. Those were the items so far that I have thought up about using.

This was gonna be my build from my own thoughts: IG + Zeyphr, Ninja Tabi, Guardian Angel, Infinity Edge & Banshee's Veil. To me I think it'll give a good amount of armor & MR. Some nice damage & also the 35% Tenacity. My masteries I was gonna go more into Defense & a bit into Offense. For runes. . I haven't thought of anything yet.

So I was wondering if I could get your guys opinion.

I don't think any of the changes really affect Jax all that much...

Damage:
    Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi
    Trinity Force
    Gunblade
    Guinsoo's Rageblade
    Frozen Heart, Randuins Omen, or Spirit Visage
    Guardian Angel

Tanky:
    Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi
    Frozen Gauntlet
    Gunblade
    Warmongs
    Randuins Omen, Atma's Impaler, or Frozen Heart
    Spirit Visage or Guardian Angel

I tend to use the Damage build Darkomantis listed, although games are generally over by the time you have the first three items ._.

I do also like to grab a sightstone to help out warding, as well as the emergency leap.

My definition of ELO Hell:-

"Any point at which ego is greater than ELO."

@Darkomantis Hmm. . I'll definitely try that one & @Bystekhilcar I go something close to that, but instead of the Randuins, Spirit Visage or Frozen Heart I get Phantom Dancer. But thats just me, but couldn't you also switch out Trinity Force for The IG+Zephyr combo? Since that combo is nearly the same as getting Trinity Force? Considering the giving Tenacity & the +25% In CDR?

Also how does this Mastery setup sound?

Durability: 4
    Resistance: 3
    Hardiness: 2
    Unyielding: 2
    Veterans Scar: 1
    Tenacious: 3

Fury: 4
    Deadliness: 4
    Weapon Expert: 1
    Havoc: 3
    Brute Force: 2
    Spellsword: 1

The only issue with swapping out TF for IG-Zephyr is the cost. TriForce is already expensive, and IG-Z is 2k gold more on top of that, give or take.

I prefer not to pick up carry items like PD purely because it's the most depressing thing in the world to leap strike into a fight and die before you even hit anything ._.

Ahaha omg thats I see, Ive noticed that when I have gotten PD that once I leap into say even a 1v1 against a certain champion I lose. And lose of course even quicker when in a team fight. So nevermind I'll definitely try out one of those Tanky items & see how that goes.

And ahh thats true, So then I should pretty much just stick with TriForce then huh?

Quote from Ayeeyopat »

@Darkomantis Hmm. . I'll definitely try that one & @Bystekhilcar I go something close to that, but instead of the Randuins, Spirit Visage or Frozen Heart I get Phantom Dancer. But thats just me, but couldn't you also switch out Trinity Force for The IG+Zephyr combo? Since that combo is nearly the same as getting Trinity Force? Considering the giving Tenacity & the +25% In CDR?

Also how does this Mastery setup sound?

Durability: 4
    Resistance: 3
    Hardiness: 2
    Unyielding: 2
    Veterans Scar: 1
    Tenacious: 3

Fury: 4
    Deadliness: 4
    Weapon Expert: 1
    Havoc: 3
    Brute Force: 2
    Spellsword: 1

Jax is a hybrid champion that does massive amounts of damage with Trinity Force and Gunblade alone. You want to build him with a more tanky mastery as that will actually "increase" his DPS through survivability since he is a hypercarry and is the best dueler in the game. Go something like:

Offense Tree - 9 (Ignite or Exhaust pick)
    Summoner's Wrath 1/1
    Fury 3/4
    Deadliness 4/4
    Weapon Expertise

Defense Tree - 21
    Durability 4/4
    Hardiness 3/3
    Resistance 1/3
    Veteran's Scars 1/1
    Unyielding 2/2
    Relentless 2/2
    Block 1/1
    Tenacious 3/3
    Legendary Armor 3/3
    Honor Guard 1/1

Someone will have to confirm if Legendary Armor affects Jax's ultimate by increasing the defensive stats from it.

Last edited by xDarkomantis: 12/9/2012 8:23:04 AM

Even if it does, Legendary Armour is a terrible mastery. Really, really bad. Avoid it.

All Jax needs is Tri Force and Hextech Gunblade, everything else is luxury.  If you need more damage (hard to believe but ok), Guinsoo's Rageblade and BotRK work well on him. Most cases you'll want more survivability, like Randuin's, Spirit Visage and GA.

This is how I build Jax:

Mercs/Ninjas
    Trinity Force
    Sunfire Cape
    Wit's End
    Blade of the Ruined King
    Guardian Angel

I already know Jax is a AP/AD champ, but when I do masteries I do normally go a tanky build. GA is an item I always get. My build back in season2 was Guinoo's, Hextech Gunblade, GA, Ninja Tabi, Aegis Of Legion back when it gave damage. But I'll be taking that out & probably replacing it with Spirit Visage & my last item would either be Wits End Or Trinity Force.

But that was in season2 & that build honestly worked for me, how I have no idea but it did. But I'm wonder if you think Zephyr, Ninja Tabi, GA, Guinsoo's, Hextech Gunblade would be a good mix? or maybe if I took out Guinsoo's & put like Trinity Force or is that completely stupid? Lol Considering how Zephyr are nearly the same. I know I'll probably get bashed on because of mentioning that, but I wanna know.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes