This thread was Locked by Dankaw.

itembuild for my AD Carries

Hey!

Im new to the reignofgaming forums, so im not sure if i posted this in the right section. 
    Since Season 3 is coming up and Riot is adding all sorts of new items to League of legends, im getting quite unsure how to actually build the AD carries i play right now. The Carries i play are Ezreal, Graves and Kog maw, Can you guys tell me if i build them correctly?
    For Ezreal, i start with longsword to build that into a brutalizer immediately, following up with building BF sword to build into BT. After that i build my brutalizer into The black cleaver and buy LW after. after that i am not quite sure which items to buy(i have already bought boots ofcourse).

For graves and kog maw i actually no longer have any idea how to build them. For example for graves do i need to get infinity edge first or bloodthirster, and do i need to get a black cleaver? 
    For kog maw im also unsure whether to buy Infinity edge or bloodthirster first or to finish phantom dancer first.

I have already read all of the calculations whether IE or BT is stronger, but it made me none the wiser, so if anyone of you pro's could help me with my builds on these Carries, i would really appreciate it!

Greetings
    Littllegs

The pros endorse it and the numbers confirm it blood thrirster + zerkers + phantom dancer is the "standard" carry build, (ezreals an oddball so this applies to kog and graves.

The reasoning is simple, lifesteal is essentially a must, blood thirsted is so cheap at the moment that your always "one step ahead" compared to an infinity edge build.

As an example, zerkers + BT + zeal + dagger costs almost exactly as much as zerkers + infinity + vampire scepter. Not only do they cost similar amounts of gold they output similar dps, the difference? The first build provides more raw AD and attack speed so buckshot hits harder, or bio arcane barrage shred more HP, the build is also packed with greater lifesteal, more movespeed, and is less crit reliant. It's hard to go wrong with this open.

A finished "standard" carry build would be in no particular order

Zerkers (furor), blood thirster, phantom dancer (sub-able for statikk shiv), infinity edge, last whisper, defensive item.

As mentioned Eazreal is non standard so he will deviate. For the phantom dancer rush on kog? It was debatable in season 2 1-2 dorans blades into phantom was an acceptable opener, since then attack speed has decreased and BT has become so good I don't think PD rush will work anymore.
    Last edited by Gameguy301: 1/29/2013 9:31:34 AM

Gameguy gave great advice, but I just want to say that Ezreal also loves Frozen Fist. (Although I'm not an Ez player so I'm not sure exactly where in the build it fits.)

Allright this actually made it alot clearer:)

Only one thing, since Arpen has become so much better in season 3, how would it be to build carries like Kog and graves with Zerkers, BT and 3rd LW or Black cleaver for ez?

Last whisper as a third item on graves is workable if you find that buckshot + collateral damage is winning you fights but your facing a bit of early armor, on kog I'd say no as auto attacks are his everything and he brings magic on hit effects and nukes so dancer first.

Picking taric as a soft counter to graves is very common if you see this happen last whisper before dancer might be just what you need to keep your burst going.
    Last edited by Gameguy301: 1/29/2013 10:02:53 AM

ah wait so arpen is actually mostly for AD caster like champions( talon, zed, graves etc?)
    And don't graves auto attacks also get alot stronger due to arpen?

EDIT- Also how about the BT-Black cleaver-LW build on ezreal?

Last edited by Littllegs: 1/29/2013 10:10:18 AM

Quote from Littllegs »

ah wait so arpen is actually mostly for AD caster like champions( talon, zed, graves etc?)
    And don't graves auto attacks also get alot stronger due to arpen?

EDIT- Also how about the BT-Black cleaver-LW build on ezreal?

I find that BT->Black Cleaver->triforce/IBG(your preference)->LW->IE works for me, but I refuse to build GA on ad carries, so you might replace the IE with a ga.   Also, you should only build Cleaver when your team is comprised mostly of AD, otherwise LW is better.

What do you guys think about rushing zephyr instead of PD on attack speed reliant carries?

(for the quesion above) dont. your damage output will be severely lacking

"I have proven my might to dragonkind—what challenge shall humans pose?" - Shyvana

Ezreal: BT -> IGB -> Zerkers-> LW/Statikk Shiv -> Statikk Shiv/LW -> GA/Warmogs.

Generally with Ezreal I start out with boots+3hp or long sword+2hp (depends on who i'm up against). Then I get boots if i started long sword and start to build my BT. I build IGB over tri-force because I feel that it really helps with engaging/disengaging plus it provides AoE. LW/Statikk Shiv, I build these on whichever i need first and I build Statikk Shiv for the AoE. Then I build GA or Warmogs for defense.

Allright thanks all! only one more thing:P

i just bought varus, and was wondering what a nice build would be for him, since he scales differently then most adc's?

does he?

you may want to run some cdr on varus.

yeah his ult skills greatly with AP and his W does aswell. so i wasnt sure about something like trinity force

well i dont think the 30 ap would make him gamebreaking better, or at least better. trinity is very expensive and right now not even ezreals build it so... well actually i hardly ever play varus so i have no idea :)

Kog'Maw: Boots of Speed + 3 HP pots ==> Doran's Blade ==> Avarice Blade (risky and optional) ==> Zeal ==> Berserker's Greaves ==> Vampiric Scepter ==> BT (if behind or even) / IE (if ahead and/or have enough peeling and protection) ==> PD (or Shiv if you want to milk/didn't bought the Avarice Blade) ==> BT/IE (the one you skipped before) ==> complete Shiv/buy PD (as mentioned, you could also finish this first, but if you can get Avarice Blade early, the more you farm and wait the more its passives puts you ahead in gold: risk/reward trade-off) ==> 1 defensive item (GA/Scimitar/Warmog's depending on the enemy and/or your needs); Remember: you don't need LW as Kog, just invest in more AS+Crit once you have IE, since your Bio Arcane Barrage synergizes better with those   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + PD/Shiv + IE + BT

Graves: Long Sword + 2 HP pots ==> Boots of Speed ==> Doran's Sword ==> Berserker's Greaves ==> Vampiric Scepter ==> Brutalizer ==> BT ==> Zeal ==> LW ==> complete BC or just keep the Bruta till you're full slots ==> PD/Shiv ==> IE ==> GA/Scimitar/Warmog's   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + Shiv/PD   Optional: you can sometimes opt for Mercury's if you don't have Cleanse/Scimitar and the enemy team is CC-heavy

Sample final builds:

• Standard: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + PD/Shiv + IE + GA
    • Tanky: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + PD/Shiv + GA/Warmog's + Scimitar
    • AD caster: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + PD/Shiv + BC + GA/Warmog's

Ezreal: very variable builds (you can go for super-annoying utility builds or lategame builds); item paths are also very flexible and can be swiftly changed to respond to enemy itemization or your team needs.   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + TG/IG   Optional: you can sometimes opt for Mercury's if you don't have Cleanse/Scimitar and the enemy team is CC-heavy

Sample final builds:

• Standard: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + TF + IE + Scimitar/GA
    • tanky Mystic Shot abuse (average lategame): Berserker's Greaves/Mercs + BT + IG + BC/LW + Scimitar + IE/another BT
    • Squishy Mystic Shot abuse (risky, great lategame potential): Berserker's Greaves/Mercs + BT + IG + LW + Scimitar/GA/Shiv (Scimitar if you lack Cleanse, GA otherwise; Shiv if you're a hero/hypercarry mode) + IE

Varus: unless you want to try weird stuff like hyprid/AP builds, just mount it exactly like Ashe (only get BT first, most of the times). Boots of Speed + 3 HP pots ==> Doran's Blade ==> Zeal (optional, you can also get it after Vamp Scepter or BT) ==> Berserker's Greaves ==> Vampiric Scepter ==> BT (if behind or even) / IE (if ahead and/or have enough peeling and protection) ==> PD (or Shiv) ==> LW (or delay if the enemy team lacks armor) ==> IE/BT (the one you didn't pick before; get it before LW only if the enemy team lacks armor) ==> GA/Scimitar   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + Vamp Scepter + PD/Shiv + IE + LW   Optional: you can sometimes opt for Mercury's if you don't have Cleanse/Scimitar and the enemy team is CC-heavy

Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always be flexible with your build, adapt to situations (if you're ahead/even/behind, if the enemy has a lot of CC, if you think you can win earlygame or if you foresee a long match, etc) and tab a lot to check enemy team itemization.

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

- Conan the Barbarian -

What about Runaan's?

Quote from Basinator »

What about Runaan's?

Here.

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.

- Conan the Barbarian -

Quote from exacerberus »

Kog'Maw: Boots of Speed + 3 HP pots ==> Doran's Blade ==> Avarice Blade (risky and optional) ==> Zeal ==> Berserker's Greaves ==> Vampiric Scepter ==> BT (if behind or even) / IE (if ahead and/or have enough peeling and protection) ==> PD (or Shiv if you want to milk/didn't bought the Avarice Blade) ==> BT/IE (the one you skipped before) ==> complete Shiv/buy PD (as mentioned, you could also finish this first, but if you can get Avarice Blade early, the more you farm and wait the more its passives puts you ahead in gold: risk/reward trade-off) ==> 1 defensive item (GA/Scimitar/Warmog's depending on the enemy and/or your needs); Remember: you don't need LW as Kog, just invest in more AS+Crit once you have IE, since your Bio Arcane Barrage synergizes better with those   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + PD/Shiv + IE + BT

Graves: Long Sword + 2 HP pots ==> Boots of Speed ==> Doran's Sword ==> Berserker's Greaves ==> Vampiric Scepter ==> Brutalizer ==> BT ==> Zeal ==> LW ==> complete BC or just keep the Bruta till you're full slots ==> PD/Shiv ==> IE ==> GA/Scimitar/Warmog's   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + Shiv/PD   Optional: you can sometimes opt for Mercury's if you don't have Cleanse/Scimitar and the enemy team is CC-heavy

Sample final builds:

• Standard: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + PD/Shiv + IE + GA
    • Tanky: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + PD/Shiv + GA/Warmog's + Scimitar
    • AD caster: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + PD/Shiv + BC + GA/Warmog's

Ezreal: very variable builds (you can go for super-annoying utility builds or lategame builds); item paths are also very flexible and can be swiftly changed to respond to enemy itemization or your team needs.   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + TG/IG   Optional: you can sometimes opt for Mercury's if you don't have Cleanse/Scimitar and the enemy team is CC-heavy

Sample final builds:

• Standard: Berserker's Greaves + BT + LW + TF + IE + Scimitar/GA
    • tanky Mystic Shot abuse (average lategame): Berserker's Greaves/Mercs + BT + IG + BC/LW + Scimitar + IE/another BT
    • Squishy Mystic Shot abuse (risky, great lategame potential): Berserker's Greaves/Mercs + BT + IG + LW + Scimitar/GA/Shiv (Scimitar if you lack Cleanse, GA otherwise; Shiv if you're a hero/hypercarry mode) + IE

Varus: unless you want to try weird stuff like hyprid/AP builds, just mount it exactly like Ashe (only get BT first, most of the times). Boots of Speed + 3 HP pots ==> Doran's Blade ==> Zeal (optional, you can also get it after Vamp Scepter or BT) ==> Berserker's Greaves ==> Vampiric Scepter ==> BT (if behind or even) / IE (if ahead and/or have enough peeling and protection) ==> PD (or Shiv) ==> LW (or delay if the enemy team lacks armor) ==> IE/BT (the one you didn't pick before; get it before LW only if the enemy team lacks armor) ==> GA/Scimitar   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + Vamp Scepter + PD/Shiv + IE + LW   Optional: you can sometimes opt for Mercury's if you don't have Cleanse/Scimitar and the enemy team is CC-heavy

Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always be flexible with your build, adapt to situations (if you're ahead/even/behind, if the enemy has a lot of CC, if you think you can win earlygame or if you foresee a long match, etc) and tab a lot to check enemy team itemization.

hi

could u do the same thing to corki, twitch and ashe? would be awesome. good post ty.

You don't mind if I give it a shot?

Twitch is standard but he has a few situationals.

Long sword + potions / boots + potions, vampire scepter, zerkers greaves, vampire scepter -> blood thirater, phantom dancer, infinity edge OR last whisper, now build the other one, guardian angel OR mercurial scepter.

You can get sword if the divine instead of dancer if your team needs Alot more burst damage you will instead function as a stealth assassin.

Ashe build is just like twitch only you flip infinity edge and blood thirsters build order, keep a vampire scepter tho.

Corki is long sword + potions, vampire scepter + zerkers greaves greaves, if your winning lane build phage if not upgrade to blood thirster, finish trinity force and blood thrister. Now build last whisper, now build any two between either infinity edge or mercurial scimitar or guardian angel.

Chaox "bruiser" corki same building order up to zerkers greaves, blood thirster, trinity force, but now build black cleaver, followed by guardian angel. Last spot is infinity edge or warmog.
    Last edited by Gameguy301: 1/31/2013 6:49:10 AM

Quote from andrer2926»

hi

could u do the same thing to corki, twitch and ashe? would be awesome. good post ty.

Ok. Btw forgot about boot Enchantments on previous post, so:

• Kog'Maw: 85% of the times Alacrity (it has no dashes and great range, so just kite, Furor is better only as long as W is up)
    • Graves:  90% of the times Furor (he has "in your face" playstyle and anyway you can use Quickdraw to kite)
    • Ezreal: always Furor (procs on both on Mystic Shot and AAs
    • Varus 75% of the times Alacrity (no single target ability, no dashes, so a reliable AS boost is better than a stronger but situational one)
    • NB: in all previous cases you can get Homeguard enchantment instead, but only if you're desperately defending your besieged base/nexus

Ashe: Boots of Speed + 3 HP pots ==> Doran's Blade ==> Zeal (optional, you can also get it after Vamp Scepter) ==> Berserker's Greaves ==> Vampiric Scepter ==> IE (NB: if possible try to get IE even if behind on Ashe (same on Tristana and Twitch): getting BT against champions with more AD steroids/AD scaling abilities than Ashe (only her Volley scales off AD, no steroids) or Trist (no AD steroids, just super AS ones) or Twitch (AS steroids on Q, AD ratios on E) when said opponent ADCs have rushed BT as well would just consolidate their advantage, so -if you're behind- just farm, avoid trades -unless your jungler ganks- and get to the point where IE + Crit + AS outscales BT+Shiv/PD) ==> LW (yes, before upgrading Zeal into PD/Shiv on Ashe; you can also delay it if the enemy team lacks armor) ==> BT (or -sometimes- complete PD and/or defensive items before this) ==> GA/Scimitar (if you go QsS, upgrade it to Scimitar last item; you can also prioritize these before completing PD/Shiv and upgrading to BT if needed) ==> upgrade Zeal to PD (NB: you can also get Shiv, but if you delayed upgrading till this point just get PD because it has more Crit and AS and you already got IE) ==> Furor boot Enchantment (90%+ of the times)   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + Vamp Scepter + Zeal + IE + LW   Good Ashe guides: here (S3) and here (outdated, still good)

Corki: Boots of Speed + 3 HP pots OR Long Sword + 2 HP pots ==> Boots of Speed (if you didn't get them at the beginning of the game) Doran's Blade ==> Avarice Blade (risky and optional, get only if you plan on getting Statikk Shiv) ==> Vampiric Scepter/Phage (get only if you plan on getting Trinity) ==> Zeal (optional, and you can also delay it after Greaves or even after BT; get Vamp Scepter before Zeal if you went Phage path) / Brutalizer (alternative path, get it only if you plan on getting BC instead than LW; get only with supports such as Nunu or if you're steamrolling the lane; you can also delay it after Greaves) ==> Berserker's Greaves ==> BT, always ==> PD (or Shiv if you want to milk/didn't bought the Avarice Blade) / TF (only if you went Phage path) ==> IE ==> complete BC (only if you went Bruta path)/LW ==> GA/QsS (if you go QsS, upgrade it to Scimitar last item; you can get GA/QsS before BC/LW if needed and even before IE if really needed so badly) ==> Furor boot Enchantment, always   Core items: Berserker Greaves + BT + Zeal + IE + LW/BC   Good Corki guides: here and here.

Sample final builds:

• Standard: Berserker's Greaves + BT + Shiv/PD + IE + LW + Scimitar/GA
    • Trinity Force path: Berserker's Greaves + BT + TF + IE + LW/BC + Scimitar/GA
    • Early game steamroller (only if your lane/team is winning hard): Berserker's Greaves + BT + BC + Shiv + IE + Scimitar/GA

Twitch: Boots of Speed + 3 HP pots ==> Doran's Blade ==> Zeal (optional, you can also get it after Vamp Scepter) ==> Berserker's Greaves ==> Vampiric Scepter ==> IE (NB: if possible try to get IE even if behind on: getting BT against champions with more AD steroids/AD scaling abilities than Twitch (AS steroids on Q, AD ratios on E) when said opponent ADCs have rushed BT as well would just consolidate their advantage (like for Ashe and Trist), so -if you're behind- just farm, avoid trades -unless your jungler ganks- and get to the point where IE + Crit + AS outscales BT+Shiv/PD) ==> LW (yes, before upgrading Zeal into PD/Shiv on Twitch; you can also delay it if the enemy team lacks armor; you can get BC instead than LW if your team is AD-heavy and no one else got it, so you can spread the armor debuff with your ulti, but as a selfish purchase lategame LW > BC by far on Twitch) ==> Quicksilver Sash (most of the times, but if you got Cleanse -you should always get Cleanse on Twitch- just get GA when facing AD-heavy team; if you get QsS upgrade to scimitar last item) ==> BT (or -sometimes- complete PD and/or defensive items before this) ==> upgrade Zeal to PD (NB: you can also get Shiv, but if you delayed upgrading till this point just get PD because it has more Crit and AS and you already got IE) ==> Alacrity boot Enchantment (95%+ of the times)   Core items: Berserker's Greaves + Vamp Scepter + Zeal + IE + LW (+ QsS)   Good Twitch guides: here.

- Conan the Barbarian -

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes