This thread was Locked by Dankaw.

Jungling and lanes taking the nodes

#1 the mid isn't "Stealing" wraiths. 

#2 help mid out by warding the enemy wraiths - it'll make it much easier for your mid to farm THEIR wraiths in stead of your teams (or in addition to)

#3 you want gold and levels on your mid laner - it's more effective there than on your jungler

#4 the vast majority of junglers are just fine with giving up the 2nd blue+ to the mid lane. 

#5 spend your time ganking, or counter jungling

Quote from AceNova04 »

So would it be better to play supportier junglers that need less farm currently than DPSers that require more farm right now? Cause someone like Mao needs alot less farm than someone like Noc or Yi etc... 

This has always been the case

Quote from Alex_Pendragon »

Quote from AceNova04»

If your Mid lane complains about how you're not giving them Blue buff, a simple "You'll get the next one :-)"

As a jungler who never plays mid, you should be giving them Blue buff unless they're a champ who doesn't really benefit from it

Quote from AceNova04 »

is feeding one person and having 4 under farmed> having 5 average farmed players?

Feeding 3 champions and having one support-ish and one support is better than sort of farming 5 champions, yes.

Quote from TheDevicer »

B. Adjust your build. Chances are you are behind or your lanes are suffering. Consider a budget build. Maybe aim for a SotAG or a similar item and plan around not having an excess of gold. Shift your attention to the lane that'll give you the greatest chance of winning. If the enemy has a fed kog that's facerolling your Ez but your Ryze is doing average in lane, make sure your mid has a better time and try to get bot to survive. You won't score any easy kills if your bot is seriously behind to the point where they repeatedly need to go take golems. 

Always aim for SotAG; Aegis and Locket are other good buys. Your job as a jungler is not to be the MEGA-OMG-CARRY-GANGPLANK. It's simply not efficient.

Quote from Baconman »

Regarding your question on the new nunu, he's not much different than he's always been. A little more health and dueling power, with a bigger smite on his Q.

That being said, he's always been Satan.

When I play him, i'll get a smiteless at blue and then go take the enemies red buff. It doesn't even matter if they're there to see you, you do double the damage they can to the buff and then just leave. I don't have any ranked experience, but in most normals i play with him the enemy jungler will get one of each of their buffs, due to his stealing potential being so strong. He's also incredible at  doing dragon/baron with full CDR.

He fits the support-y jungle role well if you're interested in that. He basically just gets a machete upgrade and boots and then he's set. Everything else is just icing for him. I recommend him if your laners are really taking your farm that much in a lot of your games. Just be warned, his ganks suck.

I've always been about Skarner/Nautilus/Sejuani/Jarvan; the ganky support-ish junglers. But Nunu is the support troll jungler from hell and I love him. Take all of their buffs, they'll probably get 2 all game unless their team defends hard. Keep all of their timers; you can knock down the big wraith/big golem/big wolf so fast and leave and they'll be levels behind. Since they'll turn to ganks, cheap builds are key: you need tons of wards to invade as much as you're doing and protect your laners from ganks. If you're trolling the other jungler with counter-jungling, tell your lanes to ward lane brushes and try to ward their river for them.

Quote from GentlemanGustaf»

Quote from Alex_Pendragon»

Quote from AceNova04»

If your Mid lane complains about how you're not giving them Blue buff, a simple "You'll get the next one :-)"

As a jungler who never plays mid, you should be giving them Blue buff unless they're a champ who doesn't really benefit from it

My mid laner could be Anivia for all I care, if he is losing the lane and is likely to die to the enemy mid laner again, I'll take the blue buff for myself.

:p (at which point they're a champ who doesn't really benefit from it).

I agree; if they're 0-3 and 60 cs behind, you're probably better off taking blue if you're a jungler who REALLY benefits from it (like Skarner/Nautilus) and then ganking and trying to get them the enemy blue.

But just don't let them be 0-3 and 60 cs behind because you took their second blue and made them lane against somebody with unlimited spells.

Quote from GentlemanGustaf »

I agree; if they're 0-3 and 60 cs behind, you're probably better off taking blue if you're a jungler who REALLY benefits from it (like Skarner/Nautilus) and then ganking and trying to get them the enemy blue.

But just don't let them be 0-3 and 60 cs behind because you took their second blue and made them lane against somebody with unlimited spells.

There are cases where there's nothing you can do as a jungler that will help a lane get back into the game. When that happens you're better off just doing triage and try to get the other 2 lanes fed.

I feel like except in EXTREME cases of feeding, you should always give your mid 2nd blue and a chance to prove themselves. 2 deaths by 7 minutes (if they have been ganked repeatedly) is going to put mid behind, but not so far out that they cant contribute. the 7:30 - 10:30 window is where they have their chance to prove they can have an impact on the game. 

Quote from noblepesant »

I feel like except in EXTREME cases of feeding, you should always give your mid 2nd blue and a chance to prove themselves. 2 deaths by 7 minutes (if they have been ganked repeatedly) is going to put mid behind, but not so far out that they cant contribute. the 7:30 - 10:30 window is where they have their chance to prove they can have an impact on the game. 

2 deaths by 7 mins is freaking devastating. Most laners will snowball on a single death. This also assumes the player is already good because he got 2 kills, so he/she likely knows how to snowball. Do not give the 0-2 person a blue.

Maybe some exceptions are Anivia who can sit at tower and Ulti safely. And Lux with her safe range.

Last edited by Elmanbeastio: 6/7/2013 5:37:35 PM

Quote from Elmanbeastio »

Quote from noblepesant »

2 deaths by 7 mins is freaking devastating. Most laners will snowball on a single death. This also assumes the player is already good because he got 2 kills, so he/she likely knows how to snowball. Do not give the 0-2 person a blue.

Maybe some exceptions are Anivia who can sit at tower and Ulti safely. And Lux with her safe range.

If you have a Karthus / Anivia / etc mid lane who needs a blue buff to be a factor, and you deny them a blue because they are 0-2, you are INCREDIBLY short sighted. Being down 2 kills sucks. But if you can CS with blue you can stay in the game and still have an impact mid/late game. Getting denied 2nd blue will simply lead to more feeding, and a lost game. 

Really depends who you're playing and who your mid is playing.... lets say your mid Xerath dies twice to jungle ganks. The enemy mid is now 2 kills ahead, and depending who it is, will most likely go roam and gank your team. The solution? Give Xerath blue. Xerath can kill all 6 minions with 2 Qs in 4 seconds from really far away. If the opposing laner is somebody like Fizz who can't really push back, having Xerath keep him at the tower is a great way to keep the other lanes safe until Xerath can recover. I picked Xerath for this because he's imo the best champion in the league to keep a fed enemy in their lane and not roaming- he's not the best pusher, but he's the best pusher that can remain safe and far away while pushing.

Back to the primary topic, if you're somebody like Maokai, let your mid take wraiths. Somebody like Cassiopeia with blue will just push to the tower then get wraiths, by then the lane would have reset and she can push and take wraiths again and again. A Cass with spell vamp can do this indefinitely, putting her at much higher gold and exp than the enemy mid. Get ready for hypercarry ADC-level damage Cass :D

I picked what I believe is the best champs for the 2 situations above, but other champs like Anivia, Morgana, and Karthus can do this too, although not as well.

Last edited by registermyaccount: 6/7/2013 6:06:11 PM

Video games, where anybody worse than you is a noob, anybody better than you has no life.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes