Ryze build after 3.10

So yeah, after nerfs to Ryze range, I feel like he needs to build tankier than usual (what I mean is that Glass-Cannon Ryze isnt viable anymore). So in this patch we got some interesting changes to Ryze`s usual tanky items (Spirit Visage, Banshees Veil, also Frozen Heart got his price reduced). All of this got me thinking... I dont play Ryze a lot, but those rare occasions in which I do, I always felt like I havent got a build for him...

Well, I know RoA and Tear are core, get-every-game on him. But aside from that... I havent got an idea on what to buy next. Which boots? Is it obligatory to get Spell Vamp items? Should I always try to get an item with 20% CDR? Seraphs Embrace AND Muramana? Help pls.

(English isnt my first language)

Seraph's Embrace + 5 RoAs: Maximum damage with ridiculous health and an endless mana pool.

Quote from FirstPickTeemo »

Seraph's Embrace + 5 RoAs: Maximum damage with ridiculous health and an endless mana pool.

Mmmm... wut? Is that really viable?

No. You have no CDR (A stat which Ryze needs desperately) and you get no resistances. The OP just noted that Ryze will probably need to build tankier. Without any resistances, Ryze will get crushed pretty quickly. He needs that bulk to stand in close range and machine gun away. Also, BotRK and Liandry's are pretty damn popular items atm, so getting that amount of health would cause them to destroy you. Finally, it takes time for RoA to stack. By the time you get the second one, it's unlikely you'll ever benefit from the item's full effects. I predict Ryze will do better top than mid after this patch. This is assuming he doesn't get crushed by the nerfs as is. He's already bellow 50%.

Also, never trust anyone with teemo in their username...

Last edited by TheDevicer: 7/30/2013 9:01:14 PM

the more rod of ages the better 

That speech was beautiful. *Claps*

His build would mostly stay the same, concerning the fact that he is still quite beefy either way. I can see people substituting Will of the Ancients with Abyssal or even Zhonya's. However, the range nerfs definitely hindered his ability to trade with other mids. Ahri, Lux, even Annie will find it to be easier to push him around in lane. I can see him going top more as TheDevicer said.

Last edited by DischargedLiberator: 7/30/2013 10:48:01 PM

Will probably see a lot of people choosing to forego RoA for something else. Outside of that, no changes.

Seen some Ryze's recently who were going Spectral Wraith and Sprit Visage for their CDR. The healing coming out was ridiculously strong. Don't see that build getting any weaker.

Preparing for the climb is scary.

Quote from TheDevicer »

No. You have no CDR (A stat which Ryze needs desperately) and you get no resistances.

seraphs+4roas+frozen heart

Quote from Mockstar »

Seen some Ryze's recently who were going Spectral Wraith and Sprit Visage for their CDR. The healing coming out was ridiculously strong. Don't see that build getting any weaker.

I am surely gonna try this.

Quote from DischargedLiberator »

His build would mostly stay the same, concerning the fact that he is still quite beefy either way. I can see people substituting Will of the Ancients with Abyssal or even Zhonya's. However, the range nerfs definitely hindered his ability to trade with other mids. Ahri, Lux, even Annie will find it to be easier to push him around in lane. I can see him going top more as TheDevicer said.

Thank you very much ^.^

Quote from Mockstar »

Yes indeed. The new Spirit Visage is quite good on anyone who can use tankiness and CDR. Just the SV+RoA combo alone is +1050 health!

I don't see Ryze changing builds much. Tear + RoA are still his core items no matter what else you build.

For fun, try 9/0/21 Masteries for 8% MagPen, 3% Move Speed, 10% CDR and all the mana masteries. (incl. Strength of Spirit) Runes : Mag Pen reds, armor yellows, MR blues and Move Speed quints. Build : Archangel's Staff, Rod of Ages, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit Visage and Sorc boots.

I kinda like the build, but you're overkill on CDR as many others post visage and veil change

-  masteries: 10%  -  Q skill: 10%  - Gauntlet and visage: 30%  -

so maybe change it abit?

spirit visage is entirely optional, frozen heart along with mastery + blue buff + your passive will give you max'd CDR one way or another. More recently Ryze appears more often  as a brusier mage on top lane rather than mid tho.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes