This thread was Locked by Dankaw.

Wich 4800 IP/6300 IP champions should i buy?

I like ap mid mostly but lemme know about any other good champs too.

Actually i got Eve/Kata, Khazix/Jax/Vlad, Vayne.

@edit, i'm a 1,5 month player so not much skilled so far :)

I play alot of Eve now and I enjoy 3v3 so much. (dat 'Q' spam)

So smthn that will be nice at 3v3 but not only ofc and similar playstyle to Eve if possible, I like for ex. Diana but idk when she'll get buffed.

You can post some champs and i'll give a try to em if I didn't tried em already.

Thx for support.

Last edited by J3SP3R: 1/7/2013 2:26:34 PM

Firstly, if you're level 30, eventually planing to play ranked, I suggest getting something new is much worse than perfecting what you already have.

However, if you wish to buy something new, I would like to know more about your playstyle. Could you help me with this? 

There's many good champs but it all depends on preference, so might want to state that first also helps if you say what you dislike 

Quote from exacerberus»

Buy them because you like them, their IP cost is by any means not directly associated with their effectiveness.

This is what I generally answer any time someone asks about what XXXX / YYYY IP champion he should buy. Also, buy the solid, competitive ones for each role(s), not the trash ones.

I'll include only a couple of AP mids in that range: Orianna, Ahri, Diana.

Only two!?? Why not others?: because all other 4800/6300 AP mid picks are not in great shape and/or simply not favoured by current meta atm (Elise, Kennen, Vlad are viable but anyway better in the top lane, Rumble is pretty good but he's a top champion too, Cassiopeia is easily jumped and focused-down, Zyra is better as support) or simply, they're not that much competitive atm (Brand, Malzahar, Galio, Swain, Fizz, Syndra, Viktor, Xerath, Ziggs).

Now, let's have a look at the lower tiers, shall we?: Ryze (450), Cho'Gath (better top, but can jungle and mid as well and still kicks asses), Evelynn, Morgana, Twisted Fate, Zilean (1350), Akali (better top lane though), Anivia, Gragas (still viable), Karthus, Katarina, Lux (ok champ, situational counterpick though), Nidalee (if you're like Bischu, otherwise got top and mount AD).

If you're interested in top and jungle 4800/6300 IP champions, a guy asked about that here.

Edit: I forgot Ahri, darn incomplete LoL.wikia...

Last edited by exacerberus: 1/7/2013 7:59:01 PM

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

- Conan the Barbarian -

Thx for such solid answer exacerberus!

What u guys think about Vi? Cuz she's kinda nice.

Chances are Bullobulli is soon gonna come here and tell you that she sucks and she's completely useless, so before he comes I can tell you that imho she's very strong and fast in the jungle, and once the bugs with her Q and R will be fixed in the incoming patch, she's gonna be very strong even top lane.

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.

- Conan the Barbarian -

What about any champs similar to Eve, any?

Btw I tried Kha'zix so far and he's cool but i'm not handling his well.

I dunno, it really just depends... does she fit your playstyle? If yes, buy her, she's definitely super solid pick (read: borderline OP). Give a look at the Tier List in this very site, even though it's just personal opinion (so by definition at least a bit biased). Ofc, build her AP and roam a lot with DFG and penetration items (Haunting Guise, Abyssal, etc).

I still suggest you to wait for more posts on this stuff, because this is just my personal opinion. Otherwise, just follow your heart and purchase whatever you like, after all this is still a game.

- Conan the Barbarian -

Bro I got Eve and im overplayed with her :P

She's awesome but i'm just bored.

Wondered about Darius/Fizz/Diana/Ez/MF/Ahri.

I know theyre so different picks, any suggestions?

Last edited by J3SP3R: 1/7/2013 3:47:06 PM

You should try Akali. Nice pubstomper, easy to get fed, not really hard to play, but you can easilly carry games. I recommend you buying special runes along with her though.

Quote from J3SP3R»

So smthn that will be nice at 3v3 but not only ofc and similar playstyle to Eve if possible, I like for ex.

what exactly do you enjoy about her?

The burst?

The mobility?

Last edited by xXSilentScreamXx: 1/7/2013 4:01:03 PM

Quote from xXSilentScreamXx»

what exactly do you enjoy about her?

The burst?

The mobility?

Yeah, the 'Q' spam, such a burst.

Massive ult + her 'W'

Well the only champion i can really think of is Talon.

You have alot of burst, his ult gives him mobility and stealth.

The only problem is that Talon as a champ is in my opinion superior to Eve atm because she scales alot better into late game.

But if it comes to playstyle i think he is the most similar champ there is to Eve.

I know this seems rather conservative advice, but unless you got over 50 champions I think it's much better to buy champion in their free rotation. Most champions are viable in normals/low ELO, you'll get to experience that champion first hand (I think it's pretty important for the expensive champions) and there will probably be around 5 champions you don't own in their free week, so you can find one you like.

With that being said if you like the slipperiness of evelynn you can try Ahri. She's going to be a lot more challenging because as I've seen none of the champions you lsited are skill-shot based, but on the other hand it's going to be decent practice.

On a side-note, I've never done it myself but I think if you can get one the PBE you can try champions there first and decide for yourself

Irelia or Akali? :)

Quote from J3SP3R »

Irelia or Akali? :)

Personally I'd say Irelia because I love the champion. But akali is more of a pubstomper at low ELO.

So now: Irelia/Akali/Talon/Zyra/Diana/Vi

What you think?

Last edited by J3SP3R: 1/8/2013 1:15:50 PM

Irelia - She's tanky assassin, she was nerfed alot of times but she's still viable. Buy her if you wanna be durable top assassin.

Akali - Mid pubstomper, she's really nice to low elo. She's like single target version of Kata.

Talon - Nice mid champ, counters alot of AP Mids. He's all-in type, but with his full combo he can kill most of enemies

Zyra - Really good support, but you can play her mid lane though. However she's more viable as support.

Diana - I think they over-nerfed her, but they said they will buff her. She's tanky version of Akali.

Vi - She's strong jungler, very strong. Her early clears are meh, but later she just wipe camps. Her ganks are also scareful if you can use Q and when you get your ulti, boy, that's fearsome gank :D Her Q  and R are bit bugged though, but in next patch they'll fix it.

Thx.

What about Ahri/Ziggs/Jayce?

Last edited by J3SP3R: 1/8/2013 3:31:09 PM

Ahri - Midlane assassins, she's not nuker, but her job is to burst down carry. Her charm is nice engage/disengage and often can win you team fight. Ahri's relatively high skill cap champion.

Ziggs - He's not played because he'd be strong, but because he's really fun to play champ. Don't buy him unless you just want to have fun :P

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes