This thread was marked as Locked by Dankaw.

Ravenous Hydra on Zed

So I've been testing out Ravenous Hydra on Zed recently and it really feels strong on him. For starters, it's an extra nuke for your ult, so there's that, gives him some extra strength in split pushing.

And I don't know if it just a perception thing or not but the active really feels like a swing reset.

Not sure about the item's active being an AA reset, but Hydra in general is strong on champs that stack AD and are based on burst damage. Plus, the passive is basically another way to farm and push waves insanely fast (not that Zed already did that, but might as well expand on your strengths).

The one thing that people underestiate, however, is how much lifesteal the item's active gives you with alot of AD. I've seen cases with Fiora and Zed where Hydra healed me for somewhere around 600-800 at once by hitting at least 4 people, and I've heard that Fiora can even potentially heal up to 1000 because of her W's increase to AD....

One day, when I test out stacking Bloodthirsters, I'll get the Hydra alongside 'em, gonna be fun to see how much lifesteal I can achieve, lol.

"Dont fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail."

Quote from B3hr7 »

Not sure about the item's active being an AA reset, but Hydra in general is strong on champs that stack AD and are based on burst damage. Plus, the passive is basically another way to farm and push waves insanely fast (not that Zed already did that, but might as well expand on your strengths).

The one thing that people underestiate, however, is how much lifesteal the item's active gives you with alot of AD. I've seen cases with Fiora and Zed where Hydra healed me for somewhere around 600-800 at once by hitting at least 4 people, and I've heard that Fiora can even potentially heal up to 1000 because of her W's increase to AD....

One day, when I test out stacking Bloodthirsters, I'll get the Hydra alongside 'em, gonna be fun to see how much lifesteal I can achieve, lol.

What if i told you about Zed W passive granting 25% bonus AD at max rank :D

But yeah, it not only gives the utility of aoe, the extra AD and some good lifesteal, But its a free 1.0 AD ratio every 10 seconds. Which is pretty much good always...like....REALLY GOOD

Hydra's active should not reset your AA timer, but you can still use it in between attacks to increase your DPS.

Are you rushing hydra or do you buy it after things like Bloodthirster or defensive items? Because I feel like it's Zed's job to dunk a single squishy and burst him, and a Bloodthirster should be more efficient at that. You can get hydra later when there are more teamfights and fast pushing gets more important; All in all I'd say it's a great 2nd or 3rd item on him.

Yours sincerely, the next Einstein.

Quote from SiameseCookie »

Hydra's active should not reset your AA timer, but you can still use it in between attacks to increase your DPS.

Are you rushing hydra or do you buy it after things like Bloodthirster or defensive items? Because I feel like it's Zed's job to dunk a single squishy and burst him, and a Bloodthirster should be more efficient at that. You can get hydra later when there are more teamfights and fast pushing gets more important; All in all I'd say it's a great 2nd or 3rd item on him.

I use it in between attacks so it's probably the reason why I feel that Hydra is swing reset.

I usually build it as a 3rd item on him after Bloodthirster. I'd normally go boots -> Brutalizer -> Bloodthirster -> boots 2 -> Hydra and a few components for defensive items (either a Giant's Belt, Negatron Cloak or Chain Vest depending on which damage type I fear the most) in between Brutalizer and Bloodthirster.

Eh, I prefer a second bloodthirster personally. Zed's job is to dive the carry, and more AD helps him do that better, since its not really his AAs doing that burst. Second, the carry is going to try to run, flash away, blink, dash, cry, etc. Since moving toward their team would leave them over exposed to CC, they'll move back, away from you. That means you'll likely be isolated and your Hydra active won't hit more than 2 people. And its splash won't hit anyone.

Considering that Zed's wave clear is already incredible without Hydra, I'd say no on him. Personal preference really though.

Preparing for the climb is scary.

If you're talking about bursting down, Hydra is by far better than BT.  If you take 1 minute and look at the math, it's not even a fair comparison.  With a fully stacked BT and hitting everything perfectly, Zed has a 3.8 ratio.  That means ulting, E, hitting the target with 3 shurikens.  25 * 3.8 = 95 damage.  At no point can BT burst more than an Hydra when taking into account the active.  It boggles my mind how people could think this.  

There is no real place of the item on him.
    You're better off getting a Bloodthirster and BotRK with a couple of defensive items.
    The active on BotRK works with his Ultimate, making it a must buy on Zed and the passive Bonus AD he gains makes Bloodthirster even more valuable.
    Zed doesnt do quite enough farming to warrant buying a Hydra, he's more of an Assassin that Jumps in, gets a kill and jumps out to jump back in 10sec later.

Quote from KesslerCOIL »

There is no real place of the item on him.
    You're better off getting a Bloodthirster and BotRK with a couple of defensive items.
    The active on BotRK works with his Ultimate, making it a must buy on Zed and the passive Bonus AD he gains makes Bloodthirster even more valuable.
    Zed doesnt do quite enough farming to warrant buying a Hydra, he's more of an Assassin that Jumps in, gets a kill and jumps out to jump back in 10sec later.

Uh, no, there is a place.

Zed shouldn't be doing tons of autoattacking, so BT isn't as good as Hydra for most situations, because Hydra has a 100% AD nuke as well. You know, the same logic you give BotRK. The active on Hydra is a 100% AD Nuke, that also has some AoE, that works with his Ult.

Why WOULDN'T it be a decent item? If BotRK is good despite giving 40 AD, Hydra is surely good to, being a 1.0 AD nuke + 75 AD.

Hydra is also better for when Zed is pushing, it lets him save his shadow if he gets jumped. Not to mention better if he has to play a suicide role, since BT gives less AD unstacked.

Hydra's C/D happens to be 10 seconds, by the way.

And what's better, 25 extra AD on a fully stacked BT, or another 1.0 AD nuke to add to your combo and Ult, with some more AoE to tack onto your slash and shuriken too? I think I know. Oh, and you get this active while it's still a Tiamat.

A Hydra is better than a 2nd BT, that's for sure, maybe not a first item, since Zed's Base AD won't be as high to ad extra damage to the active, and his Ult's damage amp is also lower, but still useful.

Last edited by raikaria: 4/2/2013 5:37:51 AM

Once i started rushing Hydra on Zed instead of BT, i never went back to BT. This sums it up.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes