What does Jayce do now?

Hey all,

Used to main Jayce, but given the current bruiser top situation, how does one go about playing him/building him top? I see a lot of offensive items for him (BT, BC, even Muramana). Given that a good chunk of his damage was nerfed from his melee E, do you just poke people to death? Auto them? I assume his role in teamfights is to peel for the carry still, but I'm just confused as to what he should be doing. 

Punch first. Ask questions while punching. 

I also used to main Jayce, but I quit him instantly when his nerfs came around. He is a shadow of his former self. He does not deal enough damage without building pure damage items, which makes him a weird, peeling ad-caster who builds like an assassin. He can't build bruiser and be useful, because his damage then is abysmal when compared to others.

I feel he needs a buff, for instance adding half the base damage on Thunder Blow back to him. Removing it all was too much imo.

Well, now that they nerfed his hammer E damage, they basically turned Jayce into a full blown massive sniper/nuker who is able to initiate and assassinate when people are low. That is also the reason why a lot of people build tear on him early now so that he can spam his Q harass, build it into muramana and do even more damage. 

He's basically an AD version of Nidalee in my opinion (which is good for me :D)

Summoner name: Combiecola                     Server: NA
    LoLKing: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21272873

Quote from Daeguman926 »

Well, now that they nerfed his hammer E damage, they basically turned Jayce into a full blown massive sniper/nuker who is able to initiate and assassinate when people are low. That is also the reason why a lot of people build tear on him early now so that he can spam his Q harass, build it into muramana and do even more damage. 

Isn't Nidalee better overall? Granted, they both have some sort of escape mechanism, but Nidalee's split pushing prowess is pretty good compared to E+Q waveclearing isn't it? (Also, free!) 

Punch first. Ask questions while punching. 

No way, the only thing Nidalee has on Jayce is the heal and traps. Everywhere else Jayce is better.

Quote from Blacknsilver »

No way, the only thing Nidalee has on Jayce is the heal and traps. Everywhere else Jayce is better.

Well, I meant only in the poke department. Both their Q's are fantastic far range nuking pokes. I understand that they're completely different otherwise :P And also. HOW DARE YOU SIR? HOW DARE YOU SAY NIDALEE IS WORSE THAN JAYCE IN EVERY OTHER WAY?

(P.S. if you cant tell, the caps lock sentence isnt too terribly serious and is only to counter your statement that my favorite champ, nidalee, was deemed not as good as jayce :P)

Summoner name: Combiecola                     Server: NA
    LoLKing: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21272873

Quote from misscz »

Quote from Daeguman926 »

Isn't Nidalee better overall? Granted, they both have some sort of escape mechanism, but Nidalee's split pushing prowess is pretty good compared to E+Q waveclearing isn't it? (Also, free!) 

I think its wise to avoid statements like "Better over all" its pit fall that leads to champions be under realized. Jayce does completely different things that Nid. Nid cant speed her team up, aoe harass, or knock people back. Look at what Jayce CAN do, then ask what situations would YOU use those things. Jayce might be a niche pick that is only strong in certain scenarios, or he might not fit your play style at all.... or maybe he has some hidden strength you can abuse. Lee Sin was considered garbage for like half a year before people realized he was the OP king of the season 2 jungle.

Whenever I play Jayce I just build Tear then Bloodthirster and other AD items and I manage to do a lot of damage, especially as I stack more ad. His ranged e + q combo is great for wave clearing and harassing while his ranged w deal incredible dmg (130% AD scaling). It's really nice playing like this b/c you don't have to worry about getting much attack speed if any at all and your base stats make you way tankier than most adcs. Also you have your own peel as melee e and your q can pull off some weird gapclose-on-minions style escapes. He's great in poke comps and can easily replace the adc if necessary.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes