Visual Update - Ice Troll King Trundle!

And Lil' Slugger looks like crap(junkyard looks awesome) Now I am extremely sad. Loss of tenacity on W, still get animation locked on Q, and now has this crap arse story they are trying to sell as Lore. I think they should bring Shurelia and Co. back. 

I think people should wait for the finished version before saying skin x sucks.

And the increased heal and health regen from W doesn't sound too bad.

It sucks that he lost his old lore, I felt that he was the most "human" out of all the characters.

He wanted to be liked so he took on the curse for himself but he was still shunned, and when he learned that they really needed him, he turned his back on the one's who turned their backs on him. Now he joins the league where his dying brethren can see him shine. It felt like something a regular person would do in the same situation, you could relate to the story in some way.

Now it's just "TROLL SMASH RWARRRGHHH!!!" 

Quote from OuterRaven »

I think people should wait for the finished version before saying skin x sucks.

And the increased heal and health regen from W doesn't sound too bad.

True, but as it stands Lil' Slugger is a slight Reskin and Junkyard looks awesome. 

Quote from Yaamahri »

And Lil' Slugger looks like crap(junkyard looks awesome) Now I am extremely sad. Loss of tenacity on W, still get animation locked on Q, and now has this crap arse story they are trying to sell as Lore. I think they should bring Shurelia and Co. back. 

...junkyard is god awful, it was meant to be a comedy skin and now he is a purple biker with a tire on his shoulder, i'm all for a new skin called mechanic/biker trundle but give my back my pasta hair miss matched shoe tire skirt loveable ruffian 

Both of his skins are supposed to be comedy.

I like his new Junkyard! And while the Lil'slugger lost it's charm with the size increase, if he keeps the batting animation on his Taunt for that skin, it's still worth it.

My largest complaint will be the loss of his Laugh..THAT LAUGH!  IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE CHARACTER!  The big reason I like Zac so much is he has a similar laugh, right up to the slamming his fists into the ground in hysteria!  Trundle's character is in that laugh, and without it he doesn't sound like Trundle. Even if it's a new voice actor, they should at least try to get a full Trundle Laugh going on, because that's part of what made trundle so....Trundle.

a short laugh on the likes of Darius is in character. The hahaha of Blitzcrank is iconic. Singed's Bond-villian laugh is damn legendary.

Trundle?  That laugh is important, from the animation to the sound to the smashing of the club on the ground.  Fortunately the old quotes do actually fit really well with the new look and lore. I'm a damn fan of this new lore, but the new quotes don't really convey it.

I'm a bit iffy on the new Healing instead of Tenacity. Feels as tho they're taking Tenacity out of every champions bonus kits, like Singed.  But the likely hood of them touching Irelia is a while off on that.  The whole Trundle play style in part revolved around the "fighting Trundle on his Domain isn't just bad, it's hilarious ..if you're Trundle." feel. How Trundle would eat a Veigar stun and just walk away during the falling meteor cuz of that Tenacity. How he would Bait them! Now he has to rely on it's bonus healing, which can be stopped and might not be as effective as we'd like....BUT, it could bring his dueling back into place. Trundles new quote really does reflect on Trundles play style of "hitting who you can kill, and messing with those you can't" play.  Beating down Shyvana and Xin Zhao while walling off the likes of Lee Sin and Udyr from doing much other than walking around.

Oh, and WHERE IS THE SMILE? Trundles toothy Grin is extremely important. Outside of the new dance, you don't see that comedic side right now, and damn it that parts important!  Trundle skins have a Smile, he has that I LAUGH AT THE FACE OF DANGER, A-HA HA! feel to him.  The new looks don't convey that, so you have to turn to the character's voice, gameplay, and quotes. He sounds brutish, they got the gameplay solid, and the quotes....also sounds brutish. Put the same voice to "Defeat Trundle? Are you trolling!" and he sounds quite a bit smarter to me.  It makes more sense with his new lore...he's like, the KING. You don't defeat the king!  But instead he's gonna smash your dreams.....sounds stupider than he should is all.

But, he isn't out yet.  But right now I'm buying Trundles Junkyard skin.....like, RIGHT NOW. MONEY BE DAMNED!

Okay guys,

I love trundle but always got flamed for picking him so havent played him as much as I would want to. Whenever I used him in jungle and first blood their Lee Sin by my red, invades him, kills him in his jungle all the while dropping by mid and bot to secure lane and dragon control my top fails so bad and somehow it's always my fault ...

Anyways the early jungle agressors which were more popular in S2 but you still come across in S3 is where Trundle was awesome. Especially vs Lee Sin.Oh how many times that Lee Sin got cocky and try to stomp me in my jungle only for me to Q him and totally wtfpwn him.

So while I like the new skin, will be fun in addition to his traditional skin I think what I will miss the most is his AD-leeching on Q, which was to me as much defining of Trundle as the Pillar itself. And it really blended well together with his ultimate. Perfect ability for a troll in my opinion. Now he has a slow on the Q and while I don't really know how that will play out... I just really liked his old Q, felt unique and brought me many fun moments :D

This along with removing the CC-reduction on his Contaminate (dont know new spell name) and it feels like... he's more similiar to other champions now and has lost some of the uniqueness. They bring a CC heavy setup? No matter how many stuns etc they bring.. the troll is always coming for you. That to me was one of the unique things, he didnt bring super dps or awesome tank stats or anything but he always kept coming at your ADC with your maintanks durability and then continue to spam his awesome laugh..

Okay okay is one of my fave champs!

Last edited by fizzleboltz: 4/3/2013 2:00:58 AM

Wait, I thought he kept the AD eating on his Q?

I mean, a slow is nice and all, but I have that built into my kit, it's obtained at red buff, and sometimes we even build for it.  But AD Stealing? That's a Trundle Main-stay!

I like Trundle. Always have, it's the high fantasy monster that's appealing. His fluff didn't follow to suit to classic trolls. Sure he had regeneration, and he made a mess of his surroundings. It's wasn't very noticable visually, and the fluff behind Trundle felt dowright awkward. Visually the rotten part of Trundle isn't even visible. So for me there is a good few issues with Trundle in his current state.

His skins were of no concern to me either. I wouldn't want to spend RP on them. They were silly, bad looking and just not cool. 

The remake will be welcomed with open arms. His stronger sustain and higher ASpd will make him even better in the jungle. And in lane. His ult is simply just stronger, far stronger. His bite... that's what got people into arguing about Trundle, I'm looking forward to hearing how it works in practice now (and how the mechanic will look like when the rework is done). Trundle's contamination, err frozen domain lost the strong CCR component, I can't see if it's game loosing or not. The higher ASpd and sustain and synergy with ult looks like a good deal. One thing is frozen is used when you dictate it now, rather than having to use it for  either A) countering CC, B) initiating an attack, or C) teamfights. It's not possible to use it for all three things since it has a timer. Now it's initiating or teamfights and have been given some goodies.

Some games you lose or win by default, you can't do anything about it. And then there is the portion of games you CAN influence.

-Lichtbringer

Quote from Waaargh »

I like Trundle. Always have, it's the high fantasy monster that's appealing. His fluff didn't follow to suit to classic trolls. Sure he had regeneration, and he made a mess of his surroundings. It's wasn't very noticable visually, and the fluff behind Trundle felt dowright awkward. Visually the rotten part of Trundle isn't even visible. So for me there is a good few issues with Trundle in his current state.

His skins were of no concern to me either. I wouldn't want to spend RP on them. They were silly, bad looking and just not cool. 

The remake will be welcomed with open arms. His stronger sustain and higher ASpd will make him even better in the jungle. And in lane. His ult is simply just stronger, far stronger. His bite... that's what got people into arguing about Trundle, I'm looking forward to hearing how it works in practice now (and how the mechanic will look like when the rework is done). Trundle's contamination, err frozen domain lost the strong CCR component, I can't see if it's game loosing or not. The higher ASpd and sustain and synergy with ult looks like a good deal. One thing is frozen is used when you dictate it now, rather than having to use it for  either A) countering CC, B) initiating an attack, or C) teamfights. It's not possible to use it for all three things since it has a timer. Now it's initiating or teamfights and have been given some goodies.

Some news I heard states that Trundle is going to get his Pink Slipper back on the Junkyard Skin, and while Trundles Lil'slugger is awesome currently, the new one won't be too bad, he has an awesome Goatee and Hat!   

On the move changes.  Due to Trundles Bite animation, and it seems even so with the new one, but less so, Trundle hasn't really liked too much Attack speed, he doesn't build for it, and doesn't like it when it goes too high, as the Bite ruins it at times.   The Ultimate has itself a strong and awesome buff to be sure, altho I'm wondering how it'll affect Dragon and Baron, I hear it's too strong on them to some people right now, and it should be strong, but not TOO strong if you know what I mean.   His mighty Bite looks odd, but not bad.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.  Right now I can simply say I heard it's getting a slow, but the official Riot report, which is wrong enough for me to hope, doesn't have his AD Steal. Trundles AD Steal is pretty huge, it not only takes AD, but gives AD. If Trundle lost THAT, I don't care if the Bite had a 1.1 AD Ratio AND stunned the target for 1 second, HE NEEDS THAT AD STEALING!  I'm a little iffy on the 2 second duration removal on his W, WHILE reducing the cooldown by 3 at max rank, and raising it 1 at the first...a bit silly if you ask me. So far it sounds like he's falling down the same path Olaf did, while getting some Gank-happy power.  Trundle isn't a ganker, he's a Duelist jungler, and they're phasing out not because Dueling jungling isn't useful, but because Diving Ganker junglers are often times good at duels too.  Trundle beats up Xin Zhao every day, but Xin Zhao can initiate and dive towers and stay on targets.   

Trundle's play style is that of an Are Controlling Debuffer. Trundle Debuffs foes with his slows, Armor, health, and damage stealing.  WHILE his team does the big work. Troll King being leaderly!  While Trundles strong on his Icy Domain, he's weaker off of it. Reducing the duration hurts his early dueling a little, but buffs his late in the end. His Pillar is also kinda meh later compared to now, but 10% slow isn't a big deal to me.

I'm still on the board on his Icy Domain. CC Reduction is damn amazing.  You know what it does, it's also useful for trundle to play like trundle. Trolling the enemy, walking into Veigar stun's and Ashe Ults knowing he'll get out earlier than his team mates would.  It's part of the Trundle experience.  That said % Healing might be ok. He only heals off of Lifesteal, his passive which requires deaths...and 30% of 6% is rather....low.  And his Ultimate which already heals for a %, so....not too much a point. Trundle will live a bit longer in team fights or sure, but he will no longer even sorta initiate.   Well, he could still be tweaked.

I'm looking forward to Trundles pink shoe, you?

Edit: OH, and Sejuani is getting a slow-reduction built into her passive. Thats right, a weak but useful CC Reduction on slow for a passive. THAT'S A LITTLE MESSED UP YOU HEAR!

Last edited by Misticaltom: 4/3/2013 3:09:48 AM

Hey Guys,

I would just like to point out that when looking at the PBE changes the tooltip shows his Q as still stealing AD. Contrary the official rework info does state that it slows but it doesnt mention anything about the AD-steal.

Sources:
    http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/23786-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-4-2-2013
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-rework-trundle-troll-king

Perhaps I am missing some crucial insights here, anyone know anything more about this?

It's probably because it is the PBE and the removal of the AD steal wasn't included in the deploy. My guess would be is that they'll remove the AD steal on the next PBE since the reveal didn't mention anything about AD stealing and Riot seems to be on a crusade of removing "free" stats.

Well, if they DO remove the AD, trundle will be shit tier. You can't make a champ with only one on-hit non-ult damaging move and expect them to do anything. That's why Trundle needed so many free stats anyway, because his damage from moves in non-existent.

I mean, maybe if Trundle's Q got it's damage buffed into long range Nidalee spear territory, it would work, but that's just stupid.

I wish they'd keep the AD steal on him to be honest. That AD steal just makes for a great dueling tool that even normally terrible matchups become advantageous with it.

Losing the CC reduction on his Contaminate doesn't hurt too much as you'll typically pick it up by going 9/21/0 anyways but I don't like what they replaced it with. The bonus healing doesn't really matter a lot since everyone and their mothers have some form of Grievous Wounds on their abilities now, not to mention everyone is running Ignite (which I think should be nerfed but that's another topic.)

the AD steal is still there idk what you're talking about

edit: http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/47/886/trtooltip.jpg

Last edited by CakeDoer: 4/3/2013 9:08:33 AM

Did you not read the reveal? It'll no longer steal AD and will slow instead.

The current Q still does the AD steal thing, true. But this is the PBE, remember that it's practically famous for "oops that didn't make it into this deploy so we'll fix that next patch". If the reveal is to be believed (and there's no reason not to), then they'll replace the AD steal with a slow instead.

Q: Chomp – Trundle’s next attack deals bonus damage and briefly slows the target.

Well you're right (my bad), though I'm not sure why they'd keep that when they reworked most of the things already. Maybe it's just left over from the previous tooltip. Having a slow on his Q when his pillar already slows is kind of redundant, too. Even if it's more reliable, it's melee range, so I don't see how it helps Trundle very much.

I'd imagine it's because the decision to drop the AD steal was fairly new, which would also explain why it still has an animation. 

Well it only states that it slows. Which is kinda of unclear, usually it says slows movement speed or attack speed or something similiar. So, hoping for the best, it slows attackspeed! Still a letdown comparing to his old Q.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes