This thread was Locked by Dankaw.

Aatrox, the Darkin Blade

I get the feeling he has pretty low CD's overall, so we shall see. I agree with you that some manaless champions make good use of TF, we'll have to wait and see how his ratios are designed (if any AP ratios*).

EDIT: sorry for the double-post, accidental... can't delete? Lame.

Last edited by Goodspeed: 5/10/2013 4:49:20 PM

Quote from Goodspeed »

His kit was made for Blade of the Ruined King.

I think a Hydra would be wasted on him b/c of his aoe-skills plus his ult makes you ranged so it's wasted there too.

Oh good point....unless it's like Riven's range.

Actually, does Riven's Ult prevent Hydra from working?

For me he looks like a guy who needs a BotRK and other than that build full tank. Or maybe just full tank. Anyway, i guess he will still do respectable damage (kinda like renek maybe?). I really dont think he is meant as meelee carry, with all the discussions about meelee carrys going on atm.

Quote from Misticaltom »

Quote from Goodspeed »

I think a Hydra would be wasted on him b/c of his aoe-skills plus his ult makes you ranged so it's wasted there too.

hydra works on riven fine. i believe she goes from 125 to 175(j4 and wukong melee range) during ult.

I wonder if he has pure AD scalings or if he has some hybrid-primarily AD scaling going on. Pure AD scaling might make it easier to build him, but if he has hybrid scalings(which I hope), he will have access to a huge item pool and a lot of variety in build/strategy. 

Quote from Elmanbeastio »

Quote from Misticaltom »

Quote from Goodspeed »

hydra works on riven fine. i believe she goes from 125 to 175(j4 and wukong melee range) during ult.

200 range with her ult, actually.

At first glance:

ignite will make your passive 50% as good when you "die" and heal. hopefully it matches volibears somewhat since his sometimes beats ignite.I dont think it will be % max health like volis so u cant buy more into ur passive.

hopefully. W will allow for some trickery. start 2 hits in non toggled W, toggle it on 3rd hit(assuming the toggles have a visual que that your opponent can read) and surprise burst ur opponent. On that note, most toggles dont actually proc sheen so thats a big one possibly.

Hopefully his leap will have enough range or the impact zone wont be too small. anything after 600 range makes for a good leap. cooldown like jax's(starts at  10~ seconds and goes to like 6) might make it super powerful because this one has a knockup and then cdr becomes amazing.

wonder if lifesteal will work with W's added damage toggle.

his R can be so bad or so good. Ive always loved kayle's E and hope Im impressed with this one. Kinda sucks that hydra would get turned off when you do this. 550 range + 30/60/90% attack speed would be nice. Id ask for a lot more attack speed but the move has an initial damage component to it so, well see where the focus is(hopefully its focused more on a huge steroid and the damage isnt as good, even though it makes it less reliable.

Last edited by Elmanbeastio: 5/10/2013 6:06:49 PM

At first glance, there are several builds that I would love to try on him. Warmogs/TriForce is a niche but powerful build on AD caster/bruiser setups, and if Aatrox's CDs are reasonable, this could be a potentially strong bruiser setup for him. BotRK is pretty much mandatory just by looking at the kit, but it makes me wonder if BT has any place in it. His setup is close to a dual kit between an AD Caster and a right clicker (similar to Fiora in some ways), which means that by theory he might be able to do a brutilizer/BT or brutilizer/BotRK start if he wanted pure offensive murdering power. Though I'll have to wait for now, I'm curious as to how Riot will set his cooldowns, this'll also make or break whether or not he can jungle (among other reasons such as whether or not it's worth it to toggle W on in jungle).

One thing that I'm gonna call right now: Hydra is gonna be an amazing item for him (lane wise, not sure about jungle though).

"Dont fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail."

His blade doesnt look completely solid to me so id say it increases to something like 475 range or higher and extends into a bladed whip like ivy from Soul Calibur.

Quote from B3hr7 »

At first glance, there are several builds that I would love to try on him. Warmogs/TriForce is a niche but powerful build on AD caster/bruiser setups, and if Aatrox's CDs are reasonable, this could be a potentially strong bruiser setup for him. BotRK is pretty much mandatory just by looking at the kit, but it makes me wonder if BT has any place in it. His setup is close to a dual kit between an AD Caster and a right clicker (similar to Fiora in some ways), which means that by theory he might be able to do a brutilizer/BT or brutilizer/BotRK start if he wanted pure offensive murdering power. Though I'll have to wait for now, I'm curious as to how Riot will set his cooldowns, this'll also make or break whether or not he can jungle (among other reasons such as whether or not it's worth it to toggle W on in jungle).

One thing that I'm gonna call right now: Hydra is gonna be an amazing item for him (lane wise, not sure about jungle though).

yes hydra will be amazing i agree 

At first glance:

ignite will make your passive 50% as good when you "die" and heal. hopefully it matches volibears somewhat since his sometimes beats ignite.I dont think it will be % max health like volis so u cant buy more into ur passive.

hopefully. W will allow for some trickery. start 2 hits in non toggled W, toggle it on 3rd hit(assuming the toggles have a visual que that your opponent can read) and surprise burst ur opponent. On that note, most toggles dont actually proc sheen so thats a big one possibly.

Hopefully his leap will have enough range or the impact zone wont be too small. anything after 600 range makes for a good leap. cooldown like jax's(starts at  10~ seconds and goes to like 6) might make it super powerful because this one has a knockup and then cdr becomes amazing.

wonder if lifesteal will work with W's added damage toggle.

his R can be so bad or so good. Ive always loved kayle's E and hope Im impressed with this one. Kinda sucks that hydra would get turned off when you do this. 550 range + 30/60/90% attack speed would be nice. Id ask for a lot more attack speed but the move has an initial damage component to it so, well see where the focus is(hopefully its focused more on a huge steroid and the damage isnt as good, even though it makes it less reliable.

I believe that ignite won't  cut it in half because it sounds like it is functionally similar to Lulu's ult. Won't know until he gets put on the beta, but that's what I'm going with for now.

I'm hoping his abilities scale in some way with a defensive stat.  My hope is that he will be like jax, a top/jungle who, thanks to very efficient use of stats from items, becomes a monster late game.   It's too early to tell what role he'll really excel at though as we don't even know which stats his abilities will scale with, let alone how much they will scale.  

I hope he isn't like Jax. Jax scales stupid hard. Like...REALLY stupid hard. 

Quote from Bobenny »

Quote from B3hr7 »

He has enough aoe in his kit... he'll have great synergy with AS, he'll benefit greater from BotRK's passive & active... besides Hydra doesn't apply on-hit effects... nor will it work when his ultimate is active.

Last edited by Goodspeed: 5/10/2013 10:22:14 PM

yeah everyone for some reason thinks he is gonna be like jax

Quote from Goodspeed »

Quote from Bobenny »

Quote from B3hr7 »

He has enough aoe in his kit... he'll have great synergy with AS, he'll benefit greater from BotRK's passive & active... besides Hydra doesn't apply on-hit effects... nor will it work when his ultimate is active.

why do you say he needs AS, when he might have 4 ad ratios, and his ulti gives him AS.

First champion in awhile I'm not interested in and it's entirely the concept.

I know some people are very excited but he looks like a Spawn reject out of a 90's comic. I'm just not interested in another "dark immortal butt-kicker" character.

Mechanics-wise, he looks the like the newest version of the melee carry/assassin Riot keeps trying and I actually hope he works out. If the numbers are right I could see him working,

Quote from Bobenny »

people are drawing from some apparent lore they saw, and I believe also from the "confirmation of factions for each champ" that was shown recently. 

He does have a leap like jax, a 3rd hit damage passive like jax. the leap+knockup would be similar to a leap+counterstance without the option to leave it on. Seems reasonable to me. 

Quote from Goodspeed »

Quote from Bobenny »

Quote from B3hr7 »

why do you say he needs AS, when he might have 4 ad ratios, and his ulti gives him AS.

He heals on every 3rd hit and Lifesteal scales really well with AS. That's why.

Quote from Bobenny »

Maybe, just maybe...it's because the new Lol-beta site has Aatrox's silhouette is behind Jax.  And well, one of 5 ancient super-warriors, known for being the greatest of warriors?

I mean, Jax is one of those champions that fit into the League only. He doesn't really have a "place" in Runeterra, his entire Bio is about his League joining...which is FRIGGEN AWESOME, but damn does he need to fit in somewhere.

Part of some ancient super race of warrior demons?  Works for me.  I don't want to see his face, but I do want to see him lay the smack down on Aatrox, cuz Jax is awesome.

On the Range thingy, Jarvan and Wukong's range....they are ABSURD!  Have you ever gotten harassed by a Jarvan just out of your own range before? It's just...it's deadly.  I can make tons of use out a little range on Jarvan, giving Aatrox something like, 250 Range would be damn powerful, he doesn't need a full 500 or something, He has a gap closer and sustain.    He has natural steroids and 3rd hit effects. When I think about it his -Blood Price- works similar to Jax's Ultimate-bonus, while he has his own Leap Strike style attack, trades a Stun for a Knock up, and instead of dodging he simply Blood-wells it all back up.   They don't have the most similar kit's in any means, but Lore man...Lore.

And Role! They want more Melee Carries like Jax, who's just friggin Jax.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes