Who to learn

Hi guys.
    I want to learn new champs before S4 and I need few advice.
    I want to have 3 comfortable picks for every role.

At top I already have
    - Rumble(my safe pick, most comfortable, most confident with)
    - Malphite (vs Riven and when my team need Tank with good initiation)
    - Singed (split-push)
    I'm thinking about learning new Olaf(i'm experienced old Olaf player), Jax and Ryze(i'm  fan of top Ryze I think he has better matchups at top) 

At mid:
    -Mordekaiser(only mid I'm confident with)
    I want to learn Kyle, leBlanc, Cass, Pantheon and maybe assassin like fizz, kass, zed or khaz

At jungle:
    My worst position but lately I found it interesting, I want to learn lee sin, Eve, Nunu, master Yii,. If I have to play jungle i'm usually picking Fiddle.

Support:
    -Alistar( my most comfortable support, I find him very Strong with Graves or any hypercarry who can play so I can peel for him.)
    -fiddle (my most fun support, like to pick him with cait)
    I want to learn Janna maybe Sona or Zyra and propably Tresh.

AD carry:
    Ashe (my best ad carry, most comfortable)
    Tristana(I played her a lot but I failed with her, don't know why but I have problems winning with her even If I won't lose lane)
    Don't have any idea what to learn, maybe Cait or Corki

I would like to have champion pool for every ocasion, so pls help me picking my Deck :).   some good masteries and Runes for champions would be appreciated.
    If someone of you is experienced Eve played I need to know how to build her and how to play her, when I tryied her jungle I failed like never before.

And I'm fan of new Sivir so I would like to have her in my roster, but don't know what role mid or ad.

Last edited by 1uk: 9/20/2013 6:46:15 AM

HI, will hijack the thread because I'm going through that process too ;)

Jungle: Comfortable with: Jarvan, Elise, Udyr - want to get better at Lee Sin and Zac

TOP: I'm comfortable with: Ryze and Kha'Zix. Want to learn how to properly play Elise top. Started practice with Zed. Would like to know Kennen.

Mid: Comfortable with: Kha'Zix, Kayle. Started practice with Zed.Would like to know Kennen.  Eventually would like to learn Fizz.

ADC: Comfortable with Ez. Getting better with Vayne and Varus.

Support: Comfortable with Janna. Can do Alistar. My next buy will be a support cause I really want to learn a new one.

Appart from this, I will try to learn Rammus both Jungle and Support and I can play the permabanned Amumu and Shen proficiently, Malphite not so much.

What do you think?

>wants to learn supoprt rammus

>says amumu/shen and malphite are permabanned

i am assuming you are bronze-silver whcih means play what you want, if you play an unconventional character well you can still easily carry at that level

OP:

I hope you mean graves, because greaves on alistar are horrible o_O

maybe pick out 1 char for each role to learn first isntead of chosing so many

Yes Graves* :)
    I want to learn one after another, but I don't know who to pick to my Roster so I can be prepared for any occasion.
    I want to have lane bullies, safe picks etc..

Draven!

2 Plat accounts with Draven! Might be a 3rd if I play my other account.

LEAGUE OF DRAVEN

Without knowing what changes s4 will bring it's kinda meh to pick champs with that in mind.  I'd say learn 1-2 per lane or pick a few lanes and learn 2-3 there.

Just look back at who was dominant s2 compared to s3.  :P

Id switch out malph for zac, generally ouside of low elo and ranked 5s malph is pretty weak,

Mid is all about the mobile assasins atm so fizz/ahri/kass

jungle - pick an early ganker and help snowball your lanes.

I straight up wouldn't play ad carry at low elo as you are so dependent on having a half decent support and a team that can peel.

support is great and id pick a solid initiator and ward loads.

Quote from PartyMagier »

>wants to learn supoprt rammus

>says amumu/shen and malphite are permabanned

i am assuming you are bronze-silver whcih means play what you want, if you play an unconventional character well you can still easily carry at that level

OP:

I hope you mean graves, because greaves on alistar are horrible o_O

maybe pick out 1 char for each role to learn first isntead of chosing so many

I'm silver with Bronze MMR, working on that ;)

I want to learn Rammus jungle, however I heard he can fill the support role, and wouldn't be bad to know how to play him since I can only play Janna well.

I'll probably get Zyra or Nami next, because I like their kit and playstyle. Can't see myself playing Sona or Leona which are commonly mentioned picks atm.

can anyone give some tips or streams to watch for the champions I'm currently trying to improve at? (Elise top; Zed top/mid; and Vayne/Varus as well as Zac?)

THanks all 

draven 

ATTACHMENTS
    • choax

I'm a support main. If I wanted to learn other roles, I think I would learn these champs:

Top: Shen, Malphite, Renekton, Kennen

Jungle: Jarvan IV, Lee Sin, Vi, Evelynn

Mid: Zed, Ahri, Karthus, Orianna

ADC: Caitlyn, Corki, Vayne, Twitch

As for Support, I already play Thresh, Lulu, Sona, and Fiddlesticks. Would also like to get better at Janna and to pick up Zyra and Nami. 

But the Top. Jungle, Mid and ADC Champions would be just in case I don't get to Support. To be honest, unless enemies pick Sona, you can't really go wrong with Lulu in my personal opinion. It's my most played champion, best win rate too, but I'm trying to not play it if possible to get more skilled at other supports. One pointer, by the way. Unless enemies picked Blitzcrank, if enemies got a Zed, instalock Support Fiddlesticks and laugh at him when he goes in during team fights.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes