Need help ? Feel free to ask. (I carried myself from 650 elo to 1650 , still rising)

The topic pretty much says is all. I was playing junglers and sometimes mids , tops. If u need any help (not dua) Well free to ask :)

Hello, congrats for your rising. You can start by describing how you did it, each roles u played and wich champions :)

I'm stuck at low 700 ELO. I main mid, but can top or support when I need to. What would you say is the best tip for carrying yourself to a higher ELO?

I have little experience, but my two cents sage advice would be to stay positive no matter how frustrating it becomes. Elo hell does NOT exist, it is statistically impossible. Just work on improving yourself and not blaming others because that helps nothing in determining a games outcome.

Quote from IMaxRFirst »

I have little experience, but my two cents sage advice would be to stay positive no matter how frustrating it becomes. Elo hell does NOT exist, it is statistically impossible. Just work on improving yourself and not blaming others because that helps nothing in determining a games outcome.

Knowing your usual view on solo queue, I'd say to take your own advice, sir.

Hush.

just lol´d about imaxrfirst :D

anyways a good tip for rising elo is to change your mindset from playing to rise your elo to playing to have fun AND get to play with players of my skill ( due to elo)
    . stay positive, try to motivate your teammates, dont look at their mistake look at what you could have done in this situation to make it not as bad ( cause u cant change your teammate, you can only change your reaction to it)

@OP: What did you change, did you use any sources to learn, did you practise in custom games (with friends or solo) and generally what helped you improve?

Quote from Kyekifino»

I'm stuck at low 700 ELO. I main mid, but can top or support when I need to. What would you say is the best tip for carrying yourself to a higher ELO?

I'm not that high elo myself, but I've got two quick tips for you:

1. Play ranked only when you know you can perform well. If you're having a bad day take a break and play some normals. Always try new champions in normals first and preferably play at least 5 games before you play them in ranked.

2. CS: Seriously, you can see a staggering difference in CS across all ELO, at least up to Gold. Most players know they have to last-hit in lane (although a few practise games with each champion can help you improve your timing and get more cs in real games), but at low ELO I constantly see people just stop CSing after that. If you're mid, top or AD carry you need to take as many CS as possible without leaving your teammates die in a 4v5. When starting it's best to play champions that have good wave clearing abilities. If you can end most of your games with 300+ cs (in about 35-40min) I can guarrantee your elo will go up

Seriously the way you get out of 'hell' is duo queue. Find somebody that's good and duo queue with them all day. NEVER go duo bot, take either jungle/mid or jungle/top. Snowball your partner when you're jungling, camp bot and make sure they don't drop the lane. Its near impossible to lose a duo queue if you both are truly higher then your current elo. I duo with a friend who is 1500 (I'm 1200) and we get matched with 1300-1400s and we win every game. Its really not hard. My friend's client was having some problems and he dc'ed a few times in his games whereas he couldn't reconnect, forcing us to 4v5. I won all of the games that were 4v5, just because I picked strong carry-capable champs. NEVER pick champs that can't carry or rely heavily on snowballing to do well. Don't worry too much about creeping at this low elo, creep when you can but these games rely more on getting kills.

Queue dodging is your friend, so is lolking. Look up your teammates, if they first pick Ahri, go look up their Ahri stats. Sometimes I'll see kids pick a champ and I'll look up their stats with the champion in question, and lets say they're 0-9 with them, averaging 2 kills and 9 deaths a game, 72 creeps. This is one of those games where you really need to just dodge.

hm i have much more success when playing alone...i dont know why but most of my friends have that too. so it is not the only real way.

i gotta be honest i dont like the whole lolking thing...you dont know the stories behind the games you are looking at so u might make false assumptions but thats totally up to you. i do use it only when someone says" i got only runes for -insert role here-" to check if it is true...if not i most likely dodge bc when he lies to get his role i just dont like his attitude and dont want to paly with him.

I also don't agree too much on the queue dodging thing. Maybe it's ok once or twice if you have suspicions that the person is a troll, but if not it's not worth the time, if you're really above you're elo you'll get there eventually. If you aren't even if you increase it artificially by queue dodging you'll drop back when you stop doing it.

Also, personally I believe CS plays a very big role even at low elo games. I can't stress how many times I ended up with higher gold than teammates or enemies (even though they were "fed" from kills) just because I kept farming up until the end

Quote from Kyekifino »

If you're in 700 ELO that means you should be playing everything. Getting your general skill up in every area BEFORE you specialize. 

also playing every role with every type of champion ( for example tanky jungle ,ap jungle etc.) will help you improve your general skill...judging what can a a jungle do what cant he do and play accordingly. also try every champ you can in normal games to know how they play...then you will have a much better time against them.when you have a general knowledge about all this you should maybe try and specialize on some roles.

for me its supp and top but im also a decent ad and do really well with SOME mid´s. my jungle is also fine as long as i dont get counterjungled too much. i may not be the best jungle but i can play it and i played it alot to know what they can do to the lanes so i can play on the lanes according to that.

I suggest really snowbally champs. Duo Q with a partner, and snowball the laner with the jungler. If both are solo lanes, gank each others and snowball. Try to finish before 30 min mark, because that's when teamfights start happening, and people's laning skills are vastly different from that of teamfighting.  If there is a player on your team that can't teamfight, you may as well lose a 20-10 kill advantage.

Backdooring when losing also works if you're a fed ad carry. Trade baron for inhibs, towers for dragons if you think you will lose teamfights anyways.

Junglers.  Mid malzahar and top rumble. ┼¬the can carry low elo)

Quote from Kyekifino »

Roam as a mid.   Play twisted fate ,gragas. They both can gank and etc , should be able to help losing lanes :)

Quote from mizary2102 »

just lol´d about imaxrfirst :D

anyways a good tip for rising elo is to change your mindset from playing to rise your elo to playing to have fun AND get to play with players of my skill ( due to elo)
    . stay positive, try to motivate your teammates, dont look at their mistake look at what you could have done in this situation to make it not as bad ( cause u cant change your teammate, you can only change your reaction to it)

Wont help. Best thing is to be selfish , take kills then you can , take farm then you can , ignore flamers in chat and try to snowball game.

Quote from mizary2102 »

hm i have much more success when playing alone...i dont know why but most of my friends have that too. so it is not the only real way.

i gotta be honest i dont like the whole lolking thing...you dont know the stories behind the games you are looking at so u might make false assumptions but thats totally up to you. i do use it only when someone says" i got only runes for -insert role here-" to check if it is true...if not i most likely dodge bc when he lies to get his role i just dont like his attitude and dont want to paly with him.

Same , i played only solo que, never tried to find partner.

Learning some champs so that you can dominate with them whatever comes. I really played my first ~30 rankeds ONLY ap sion, whatever anyone did. I demanded him, i demanded mid, (if i didn't get it, i just played him elsewhere) and I carried practically each game. If you're a lot better than then rest of the players you're playing with, you'll rise if you play cocky. Don't fall for the roles or champs you are not best at, it will only do you harm if you're far behind your "real" elo. (tho almost everyone claims to be behind their real elo so...)

Sion specificly was good choise back then as he was very underplayed, very powerfull, and early dominant, which made newplayers give up their hope early on and even surrender matches 20min even if they actually had a chance.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes