The new League system: Why am I not Gold?

During the preseason I managed to get my elo from about 1400 to 1535 but now the patch has come through I am in Silver Division 1. The rest of my friends are where they expected to be. Including a friend of mine who was 1853 elo he just barely managed to get Platinum by 3 elo but he is now in Platinum Division 5 not Gold Division 1 so why is it only me who has to climb another 100 elo only to have to do a best of 5 placement game just to reach Gold, when I had already won a game in Gold before.

Sorry if this seems like a rant but I am genuinely confused.  

I think the placement was based on your current and your top ELO. Were both above 1500?

it happened to everyone

I was 1492 currentelo and had a top elo of 1577, still got placed on silver tier 1there are plenty of people that had a current elo above 1500 (I saw things like currentelo 1520 and topelo1600)that still got placed on silver 1 becouse apparently the badges that we got on the pre season period didn't meant shit to riot(I stopped played ranked appositely just to be sure to be placed on gold since they said it was based on current elo and topelo)

the things that caused this are mainly 2:

-the requirement for gold tier is(we don't know why)way higher
    -number of ranked matches played were used as another factor to establish the starting league

a player I know had 1844 currentelo and 1900 topelo, he got placed on platinum tier 4(not even 5)becouse he had 190 ranked wins(platinum is supposed to start at 1850)

Last edited by Marco1391: 2/1/2013 10:49:30 AM

Our ranked 3v3 team was sitting in 1476 ELO and now we are in Gold division 2. Dunno what's going on...

doesnt matter at all? if u really deserve gold you just climb up ..

Check my stream

Climbing Diamond divisions atm :3 (or not ._.)

http://de.twitch.tv/gr33n3eu

I'm dumb. How are you guys finding out your divisions if the servers are disabled?

Last edited by FirstPickTeemo: 2/1/2013 11:22:09 AM

Quote from Gr33n3 »

doesnt matter at all? if u really deserve gold you just climb up ..

yeah it matters, becouse if you deserve a rating that's gold but close to silver it would be very hard to reach it again

I don't see why players that ended the preseason at 1540 currentelo shouldn't be granted the gold tier(that's not my case), riot specifically said that it was a matter of topelo and current elo and than we got this(If I knew that I'd have tried to get a better elo on preseason too instead of stopping)

as an example: a player obtains gold elo and 1550 toprating. he stops there.
    than he's dropped down to 1400 in a new ranked sistem and placed a tier lower, would he makes it back to gold if he really deserves it?probably yes, but that still doesn't make it fair

Both my top & current was 1535 I haven't actually played that many Ranked games yet I've been rising very quickly but that's part of my disappointment 1535 elo in 15 games felt good I'm effectively 1400 elo now despite earning Gold. I'm pretty frustrated to be honest but I've sent an email to Riot asking why this is I'll let you guys know what they say. 

The servers are up here, I play on EUW

My Current Elo was 1535 I could understand if my top elo was above but not my current. 

I am sure I can just climb up again but the frustrating thing is that I had done it very quickly before through a win rate way over 70% now it's going to take me more games to reach Gold & who knows I may get unlucky this time around now that you can't dodge clear trolls. 

Maybe the number of ranked games played plays a part in where people are placed instead of just ELO to prevent lucky players from getting put into high tiers when they have a high win rate but only a few games played,  Seeing as the new system requires you to build up points to play your best of 3 matches, and your best of 5 advancement matches, it's likely that there will be an absolute minimum number of games you'll have to play in a division to be eligible to advance, so maybe a low number of ranked games played (or high number in some cases) is to blame for the discrepancy here.

Quote from Bandoth »

Maybe the number of ranked games played plays a part in where people are placed instead of just ELO to prevent lucky players from getting put into high tiers when they have a high win rate but only a few games played,  Seeing as the new system requires you to build up points to play your best of 3 matches, and your best of 5 advancement matches, it's likely that there will be an absolute minimum number of games you'll have to play in a division to be eligible to advance, so maybe a low number of ranked games played (or high number in some cases) is to blame for the discrepancy here.

I guess that would make sense wish I had played more games now sigh

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes