The Ladder Progress journal

Based on the previous comments, I think you have the doublelift problem. It means you try to get out of a sticky situation via improvisation or mechanics, where you shouldn't really be in that sticky situation in the first place.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR DEATHS CAN BE TRACED TO SOMETHING YOU DID INCORRECTLY.

Skill separates good players from great players. Understanding separates good players from bad players. Don't go spouting off about how you "understand the game" because if you're stuck at 1400 you clearly ****ing don't.

Sivir can shield Zed's ultimate or cleanse it with QSS/MS. There is no other way to avoid Zed's ultimate, unless she bought an Hourglass.

Like my posts? Check out my youtube channel. Woo! Exciting!

Question about Sivir shield and Zed ult:Should you press E when he dashes to you or when mark is about to explode?

I hope the attachment thing works. right.

Instead of shouting "ward better" i thought i give you a general idea on where and when to ward with the help of the map (see attachment). I have marked several area's with colours which point on place and time to ward. it does not matter which side you are (blue or purple) because these points are important regardless. taken ofcourse from the view of the support :).

my starting set when playing support is (for most supports) , biscuit and explorer ward from masteries, 2 green wards , 1 pink and 2 health pots.

lets start at the beginning. the lightblue orbs at bottom. you have tri-brush , river brush and the one on river itself. I try to throw my explorer ward on the middle river point around the 2:10-20 mark. this gives your explorer ward the function that usually you can see where the enemy wards without using a long lasting one. depending on what composition is against you you can try to remove their "more expensive" ward with your pink giving you early vision advantage. regardless if this works or not i usually throw a green one on that same spot when the first one runs out. I do it on the river because my personal map awareness is quite high so i dont need it in a brush to see someone coming. and if you place it slightly higher and more to the side you can see them coming a tad sooner from dragon/tri brush then you would when warding the brush. but it is your personal preference there. since your wards are limited for the first like 8 minutes use them wisely and the most functional. when you start to move on i allways ward the tri-brush and try to pink at dragon (green orb). once again ignoring the river brush. if your map awareness is good (train this) you will see them coming a mile away. if you ward pink at dragon and use your sightstone for the tri-brush you have 1 extra ward from your stone to use in the lane itself in the brushes as you see fit of course :)

Green orbs are places that should generally be warded in the beginning and mostly through out the game. keep in mind that the 2 at middle brushes is the mid players responsibility (even when we wont say so) and top his own of course. Everyone should ward the green spots your own jungle will general be safe from invades and you can see their jungler enter your jungle on move to ganking positions.

Yellow orbs are the "roaming" orbs meaning it takes place in mid game when people leave their lanes most of the time. the circle around the middle brushes plays key in this phase. you can generally agree that people like mid lane for pushing since it gives acces to quick baron/dragon and bot/top split pushing. warding this circle will let you know who goes where and when you see their adc take a quick red it might be a good time to jump them!
     now of course you cant ward all of them without investing a large amount of money which is impossible for a support alone. so you can hope your team helps along (especially the jungler) and you have to see how well your team is doing. if your team is doing well you can opt for the half circle in the enemy jungle. if you need to defend more you can ward your own jungle on the yellow spots. it takes practise to decide when and how to use your own wards on these spots. allways keep yourself stocked up next to your sightstone ;) dont think that is enough. buy separate green/pink wards. keep in mind the green point at dragon is still very important! also I assume you build a sightstone so when your going for baron/dragon the purple points will give you great vision to see if the enemy contests it (and the yellow points around it as well of course).

Red dots are more like for really late game and if you can spare extra wards seeing someone do their red or just outside your base helps in defending/attacking with wall jumps etc. you can opt to throw the wards at the edge of the wall just over the wall of course.

Right in general sense i find these points and times the best to work with as a support player. I am sure some people have different idea's so feel free to share them :) i am trying to learn more every day as well :).

o and P.S : I bet you still build a philo stone as your first item for the extra gold? i can tell you now to stop that. there is a article about it on this site as well. just rish sightstone for extra health and wards :)

ATTACHMENTS
    • mapLoL
    Last edited by Evermourne: 8/28/2013 4:25:50 AM

Quote from Evermourne »

o and P.S : I bet you still build a philo stone as your first item for the extra gold? i can tell you now to stop that. there is a article about it on this site as well. just rish sightstone for extra health and wards :)

Not always, I normally go sightstone first but if we're dominating our lane and the wards I buy are providing enough cover I go for the Philo stone, if its a freeze lane or if the jungler is camping bottom lane I go sightstone first

Game 10
    Role: Jungle
    Champion: Nasus
    Our team: Nami, Lucian, Teemo, Nidalee
    Their Team: Kennen, Jayce, Nunu, Draven, Thresh

Pre-game: I decided to take a risk and chose a more snowbally champion, the biggest problem I have with Nasus is timing my Q in the early game, I'm also aware Nunu is a counter jungling monster so I was expecting an invade

Early game: Suprisingly no invade, infact Nunu appears to be quite slow as I had alredy ganked 2 seperate lanes before he began ganking, Nami gave first blood but me and Lucian remedied it by killing Draven and Thresh, I primarly camp mid more since I know an AP nid is much better late game and this was a skilled Kennen, plus Teemo was having no real problems with Jayce, At level 6 I secure an easy Dragon and notice Teemo is not warding so (And yes I know a Jungler is meant to do this) I decide to put down a vision ward near my blue, while at the same time giving Nidalee my 2nd Blue, at this point NuNu begins to camp top lane so after helping bot lane get another kill I head up 3 or 4 times killing Nunu each time.

Mid game: a particuler engagement went in our favor but swiftly colapsed, I was heading up to top lane after scaring off Draven when Nunu and Thresh caught Nami, diving in I forced them to flash, Thresh to use his ult and Nami quickly cancle Nunus ult, Lucian came up and Killed thresh...then I undid our work by chasing Nunu right into Draven and Kennen netting them a double kill..oops, Next time I'm at bottom lane I'm able to steal dragon from Nunu which kicks off another teamfight resulting in a 1 for 3 win for us

Late game: At this point the enemy team are turnig on each other and starting the blame game the final team fight happens between there 1st and second turret at bot lane in which we kill Draven, Kennen and Jayce, the enemy surrendered after that

What I did Wrong: No counter jungling and first blood could of been avoided if I had told them I was ganking from river and not from Tri, I also didn't ward much, just top once and drag for the first taking, being too ult happy

What I did right: all my ganks resulted in a kill or a denial of one, in particuler a well timed wither prevented Nidalee and Teemo getting killed by Kennen in the top lane, and while it was party due to the enemy Nunu smiting dragon when he began and ulting instead of securing it I was able to secure the second dragon and also tank long enough for Lucian to kill Nunu and Draven, Nidalee finished Thresh off

Game 11
    Role: Support
    Champion: Zyra
    Our Team: Swain, Lucian, Maokai, Nasus
    Their Team: Leona, Vayne, Elise, Evelynn, Ahri

I was playing with my Bronze 2 friend in this match (who was Lucian)

Early game: First mistake right off the bat I completly forgot they had a Evelynn which nearly gives them a kill, however we lose first blood due to a poor judgement by Lucian, I even the score 1 for 1 and proceed to buy nothing but Vision wards (though I get a sightstone because Leona is hiding in the brush all the time) overall the rest of early game nether of us are able to kill the other but we're able to get them low all the time, we eventually take the tower

Mid game: 80% of MId game was around Dragon, heres the patten, I ward around Dragon we prepare to take dragon, enemy team comes in from Golems and Mid, Team fight ensues, we win but are not in the state to dragon, we push objectives slighty then go back to heal, rinse and repeat, I made sure Dragon was always warded since it was clear this would be the most constested area, eventually after the 6th teamfight we're able to take dragon

Late game: Swain and Lucian are fed with Lucian getting a Quadra kill in the last fight and we're pushed into our Nexus, with dragon down I start warding a bit broader however  minus a teamfight in their base we just deal with a mid siege resulting in 2 of them dying

Post game: Ahri was rather angry at the loss so me and Swain calmed her down, also gave her a tip of going deathfire instead of Hourglass first on Ahri

Game 12
    Role: Carry
    Champion: Twitch
    Our Team: Riven, Amumu, Lulu, Fizz
    Their Team: Nautalus, Sivir, Wukong, Yi, Katarina

doing something differant here, I'll mark my CS every 10 mins, of course its just guestimates since i have to focus on other things but i'll do this in future for carrys

Pre-match thoughts; I have very little experience fighting Sivirs

Early game: Completly forgetting Twitches expunge has had its damage reduced a bit at lower ranks I try to get a quick first blood, doesn't work out BUT I do make Sivir use Clarity and Ghost AND force her to B while me and Lulu took almost no damage..and that literly sets the entire tone for the entire early game, Sivir seemed to run into minions lowering her health and Nautalis didn't even attempt to give any lane pressence, he just stood in a brush, infact he only really went for me twice, one was when I was alone and the other time he Ulted me, both times I escaped using my Q, at the 10 minuete mark Yi had ganked 3 times to Amumus 2 however Yi always tried to just clean up, by the 10 minuete mark I had 4 kills

At 10:00 I had: 54 cs

Mid game: Nautalis and Sivir continued to lack contribution with Sivir commonly being picked off because she ran ahead of the team (that and not having flash or Barrier lessened her surviability since I don't think she timed her E to block a single ability) and Nasus just running from the fights, I get another 4 kills in the ensuring team fights and we secure 2 more drags, during our seiges I decide to split push, while the first split push resulted in our team losing a 5 v 3 (fizz also split pushed) and losing our first mid turret I got up to their inhib turret forcing the survivors to back away

At 20:00 I had: 116 cs

Late game: despite securing Baron Katarina, Yi and Wukong are making ending the game difficult so I proceed to split push top drawing Nautalis away which is enough to start a teamfight, we ace them but none of us are in a state to continue pushing so we back, on the next seige we decided to split push, me top Fizz bot a small skirmish breaks out at bot lane but I'm able to take down the Inhib uncontested, the next push we take all their inhibs and they surrender during that time I had gathered 5 more assists and 5 more kills going flawless

At 30:00 I had: 178 cs

At the end of the game (37:46) I had: 225

What I did wrong: Last hitting my old friend, going by the markers I pretty much was going at a rate of 5 cs a minuete, or 50 CS every 10 minuetes, I was rarly contested as well so its no excuse

What I did right: Honeslty I'm not sure, I mean Sivir and Nautalus were absolutly horrid Nautalus to the point he got himself cornered by not retreating when me and Lulu pushed Sivir back, plus Sivirs summoners, ok I Know for a fact both are used in higher Elos but on Sivir specifically it didn't work, it seemed she would be aggresive with that combo spamming spells and Ghosting on top of her ult and passive but she rarly used her abilities and only ghosted to escape and get back to her lane, so I can't say what I did right in my early game besdies backing away when Yi and Kat came down

Mid and late game  Split pushing was the right thing to do, as was casually staying back and using my ult to pick off high priority targets (Kat, Yi)

Game 13
    Champion:  Nasus
    Our team:  Fiddlesticks, Zed, Vayne, Lulu
    Their Team: Twitch, Yi, Malzaharr, Thresh, Rumble

Pre-match thoughts, We lack hard CC compared to them though we have alot of damage overall

Early game: I helped get Zed first blood on Rumble and proceeded to scare off Yi whenever he ganked, overall my team dominated the laneing phase, I didn't counter jungle, Fiddle sticks gave a free double kill by ulting at low health into 3 full health people and me trying to distract them, I get drag at level 6

Mid game: Overall its a pub stomp in most of the fights though the ones we lose we lose hard losing both our middle turrets, Yi is begining to snowball grabbing a triple kill so I save my wither for him while making twitch deal with me

Late game: Fiddlesticks begins trolling getting Zeals which let them win the next few teamfights, after telling him to "Cut the crap" he rebuys his AP items, the final team fight a well placed Q with the Iceborn guantlet caught Yi when he came out of Alpha strike letting my get a Wither on him letting everyone else focus down, proceed to tank twitches damage to a quadra and win

What I did Wrong: Last hitting with my Q, didn't counter jungle, Didn't ward

What I did right: Camping top and mid, withering Yi, tanking Twitches damage

You should rather Wither Twitch and focus down Yi with your team.

Edit: In game 12 you didn't capitalize on a won team fight correctly. If you ace the enemy team, you can always take at least one or two towers. It doesn't matter how hurt your team mates are, when there is no enemy to contest. Watch death timers and recall in time or they will rush Baron though.

Don't duo queue with people who are lower Elo than you. If you win, you don't earn much LP and if you lose, you will lose a lot.

Nunu is not good at invading, because he cannot fight champions at level 1.

Last edited by D00meriksen: 8/29/2013 6:10:14 AM

Quote from D00meriksen »

Edit: In game 12 you didn't capitalize on a won team fight correctly. If you ace the enemy team, you can always take at least one or two towers. It doesn't matter how hurt your team mates are, when there is no enemy to contest. Watch death timers and recall in time or they will rush Baron though.

Don't duo queue with people who are lower Elo than you. If you win, you don't earn much LP and if you lose, you will lose a lot.

Nunu is not good at invading, because he cannot fight champions at level 1.

I'll just re explain because I did a crap job of it
    We didn't capitolise because the minion wave was too far back and we couldn't tank it
    I'm aware of the risk
    And finally
    I mean a late invade on my red and his consume buff stealing

Just clarifying is all

Last edited by Tik115: 8/29/2013 7:49:59 AM

I have a small suggestion to the people who are always coming back to help advise me on my analysis of my previous games (which by the way I'm always grateful that people are putting time aside to help me out)

While I wouldn't be able to do this EVERY game (since I play quite a few matches a day)  How would the idea of my recording certain games (Such as games I felt I did especially bad or good in) and uploading them onto youtube for a more accurate Analysis? it would also give you a good visual instead of mixing my analysis with your assumption.

I'll see what is the best course at the end of the week

Game 14
    Champion: Yi
    Our team: Nasus, Varus, Kha'zix, Ahri
    Their team: Warwick, Leona, Ashe, Zed, Urgot

Pre-match thoughs: I have no clue why I chose Yi

Early game: Standard starting run Blue - Red Look for gank otherwise continue clearing, Shortly after completing my jungle run I catch Zed out landing a quick kill, Warwick proceeds to camp bottom however due to lack of wards I'm unable to get there for a counter gank several times (Since nobody saw him coming) the few times I get a kill resulted in me avenging one of the bot laners (normally Ahri)

Mid game: Zed had roamed and killed bot several more times without Kha counter ganking or pushing a Dragon fight goes our way with me focusing down Zed and Ashe and tanking WW and Urgots hits with meditate we get an Inhib quite early on

Late game: I bag a Triple kill and a Quadra kill but a team fight goes bad with Kha'Zix focusing down Leona instead of Urgot, They get our Middle inhib and back away, catching out WW who soloed Dragon and then tanking Zed we destory the enemy inhib again and continue to push to the nexus resulting in a win

What I did wrong: I should of camped bot more frequently since WW was, I should of Warded and why did I pick Yi again? (I know he stomps lower Elo but i'm not all that good with him)

What I did right: Focusing Ashe then Zed, both were rather fed but Ashe was squishier and it would give the enemy an option, lose their carry (who I could 3 hit) or Peel for them (remember 4 of them have hard CC) which leaves them vulnerable to Kha'Zix and miscommunication spliting the team apart, at this point I could focus Zed down and normally at this point the enemy focuses me so I proceed to meditate, by the end of Meditate the fights normally over but if it isn't I switch targets to Urgot then WW then finally Leona

This match also makes it the first time in 2 months I've made it past the 30LP point

Last edited by Tik115: 8/30/2013 6:17:55 PM

I had a game 15 but completely forgot to write down what happened, my bad

Last edited by Tik115: 8/31/2013 6:10:22 PM

Game 16
    Champion: Nasus
    Our team: Lee, Gragas, Taric, Twitch
    Their team: Lissandra, Thresh, Zed, Sejuani, Lucian

Pre-match thoughs: I'm alot more confident in my Jungle Nasus outside of my weaknesses

Early game: Starting blue - Wolves - Red I botched up my skills putting a second point into my Q instead of my E which slowed me down significantly bot lane gave first blood while our top lane Lee was holding his own, after holding bot lane till they returned I scared off Lissandra and then proceeded to help top bagging Lee a kill, seeing Lee as the best player of the group (Taric and Twitch were doing poorly Gragas was evenly matched) I decided to camp top a bit bagging Lee 2 more kills, after holding bot again I noticing Lee was snowballing easily able to escape and sometimes even kill both Sejuani and Zed so I began to focus bot to try and help salvage the situation, what ends up is bot lane becomes a 4 v 4 lane, however the second me and Gragas hit level 6 I decided it was time to go on the offensive ( we were near our turret) catching Lucian after using his E we forced a teamfight with Lee teleporting in to help and after tanking a few turret shots we killed 3 of them, after hitting the turret a bit we took drag while Zed took our top tower

Mid game: Lee equalises by killing the top turret and keeps pushing while another fight errupts on the bottom lane this time a 5 v 4, we lose the fight but go 3 for 3 in the ensuring battle, with Lee pushing we're able to push bot lane and destory a second turret, at this point Lee is level 16 with me the second highest at level 12, seeing an ideal chance to leech XP and gold I stick to Lee, though the first time goes sour with me chasing Lucian too far into a 4 v 2, Lee kills 2 of them while I die, the next time I'm more cautious but get dragged into a 2 v 5, this time however we were promptly joined by Twitch  who ulted them allowing me and Lee get an Ace, we capitolise on it grabbing an inhib, during this time I also steal a dragon with Spirit fire

Late game: me and Lee at this point are tanky and strong enough to duo Baron while the rest of our team distract the enemy, after bagging Baron we engage in 3 team fights in quick position (basically the next fight broke out whenever their entire team respawned) of which we went 5 for 1 or 4 for 1, I tank 2 inhib turrets and the nexus turret several times to give Lee a chance to W back, eventually we take down the nexus

What I did wrong: Timing my Q, Warding, I could of camped Mid a bit more, the first time when I chased Lucian too far in

What I did right: Getting Lee snowballing, focusing on bot lane after that, calling Drag and sticking with Lee to help feed me up

I am now 28lp from my promo

Last edited by Tik115: 8/31/2013 6:29:38 PM

Game 17
    Role: Support
    Champion: Nami
    Our team: Cait, Nasus, Kennen, Akali
    Their team: Ashe, Sona, Yi, Shen, Teemo

Pre-match thoughs: I chose Nami for several reasons, increased lockdown to maximise Nasus's ult and make it easier for Akali to chase, To stop Shen Ult dashing and to give Cait more bully potential

Early game: Sona had Clarity instead of Exhaust which meant that with my E plus Exhaust we could win all ins, Sona intended to go the ability spam game to try and force us back however Sona made the number 1 mistake (or in my eyes the number one mistake) Taught to me none other then you guys here, She went into a bush and pratically went AFK, Literly I count only 2 times she tried to poke where as I was zoning ashe constantly, however I had poor mana management to the point i depending on Caitlyn to bully Ashe, the first real fight was when Ashe all-ined at level 4 to try and kill Caitlynn with a Shen ult, however a well placed and well timed Q trapped ashe and Shen the second he finished teleporting resulting in many rages from Ashe and shen, the second and third time I noticed Ashe had gone from more passive positioning to much more aggressive positioning so I knew she was about to ult, lo and behold after 20 seconds of standing near my carry to the point of blocking her pathing I took a giant arrow to the face followed by a Cresendo, luckly because of my positioning and Sona ulting a full second later Caitlynn got away while I got killed, this happened twice before we took down the turret

Mid game: I begin pinking various -but important - areas of the map looking for Teemo shrooms, Akali kept going one woman army which several times nearly killed her, in particuler I was able to get Yi into a bubble right at the edge of my cast range giving Akali enough time to kill him, suprisingly not a single 5 v 5 teamfight happens, theres some 3 v 3s and 2 v 4s but never a straight up 5 v 5, overall it was  a pub stomp untill they surrendered

What I did wrong: Yep, Warding, I've massivly improved since I started but now normally one side is warded constantly where as the other is occasionally warded, I also need to work on my mana management as Nami

What I did right: Early game Warding, somewhat good mid game warding, landing my Qs alot in the mid game and taking Ashes ult to the face saving my carry, also smart placements of wards allowed Akali to snowball

I am now 14lp from my promo to silver 4

Last edited by Tik115: 8/31/2013 7:45:22 PM
    Quote from Tik115
    I have a small suggestion to the people who are always coming back to help advise me on my analysis of my previous games (which by the way I'm always grateful that people are putting time aside to help me out)While I wouldn't be able to do this EVERY game (since I play quite a few matches a day) How would the idea of my recording certain games (Such as games I felt I did especially bad or good in) and uploading them onto youtube for a more accurate Analysis? it would also give you a good visual instead of mixing my analysis with your assumption.

This would be very useful, do that. I'm 100% sure that many people prefer a video, because it's easier to get a neutral view of what happens in your games. It's very hard to find mistakes in your documentation, because you propably don't see them yourself or write them down.

Quote from Tik115
    Game 17

If you are having mana problems with Nami, I'm assuming that you are using Q a lot. Only use it, when your target is slowed by your E or when it's moving in a predictable fashion. You are losing a ton of lane pressure once you use it.

Quote from D00meriksen »

Quote from Tik115
    I have a small suggestion to the people who are always coming back to help advise me on my analysis of my previous games (which by the way I'm always grateful that people are putting time aside to help me out)While I wouldn't be able to do this EVERY game (since I play quite a few matches a day) How would the idea of my recording certain games (Such as games I felt I did especially bad or good in) and uploading them onto youtube for a more accurate Analysis? it would also give you a good visual instead of mixing my analysis with your assumption.

This would be very useful, do that. I'm 100% sure that many people prefer a video, because it's easier to get a neutral view of what happens in your games. It's very hard to find mistakes in your documentation, because you propably don't see them yourself or write them down

Alrighty, I'll still do the Documentation method incase people don't have enough time to watch a game but baring recording Issues I'll be recording then in-game (Unless it causes gameplay issues for me in which case I'll record them via Lolreplay) and putting them unlisted on my youtube channel, then Proceed to link them here, in the videos I may say the occasional comment about whats going on so you can kind of see what my thought process is going through. I'll also edit the first post to contain a video link section for easier navigation, feedback can be ether here or on the videos themselves, whichever you prefer

Last edited by Tik115: 9/1/2013 8:54:45 AM

Welp, I forgot to record game 18, I played as Nasus and it was a loss

Game 19, you can place comments ether here or on the youtube page

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes