I reached Platinum V in my first ranked season. Tips.

Quote from Radium_Utsuho »

Quote from Jesstures »

Join the chatroom 'Platinum vs Silver.' (It's pretty popular, don't be surprised if all 200 slots are filled.)

Those are full of scum

AP Corki is OP dude!

Quote from IGNDarkAzriel »

everyone stop and get a load of Yuuria's signature gif.. kinky.. 

Hey! >:(

Last edited by Yuuria: 9/1/2013 12:06:12 PM

Don't be a jerk

Quote from Yuuria »

The idea with a Platinum vs Silver chat sounds great and is probably just what I would need. 
    Does anyone know if this kind of thing exists on the EUNE server?

Indeed it is great. There are a few toxic players here and there though.
    Not sure if it exists on EUNE, probably not. It does exist on EUW but i don't think its anywhere near as popular as on the NA servers.

First post was an answer to dnagemo, not to OP. I thought that using dnagemo's phrasing was enough to make it clear. Now I understand the parts that I didn't understand in PainDominates answer. And second answer to PainDominates. Not to OP.

I should have been more clear on who I was responding to, but you guys could read the topic as a whole before randomly attacking people :/

Thanks though to those who tried to understand.

Last edited by _Mod: 9/1/2013 1:39:26 PM

Am I the only one that feels that that got ridiculously out of hand?

The guy offers to give people advice, for god's sake, and everyone jumps on him. lawlz.

I'm Silver, climbing, and I see absolutely zero condescending things in that post. Chill.

Do we want to get this back on track?

Ok, OP, first question: Let's say I'm Talon or pre-6 Kassadin. I'm up against Lux and I'm being harassed early, really hard. Is there anything I can do besides leech experience from a safe range until 6? I don't do enough damage to roam, and roaming this early is probably pointless. I've run out of pots and if I want to have any hope when I hit 6 (or for Talon, 4)  I'm going to want to conserve mana to combo. What do? I can use some mana to last-hit but I still need enough to go in.

For both those champs, once I get brutalizer (for talon) or level 6 (for kass) things get a lot easier. But that early game...

Last edited by Violavoila: 9/1/2013 2:23:43 PM

Hai it's just me I am Lulu sware to praze Jebus I am

Most pleyed Lulu games NA.W. reel server

I hev playd 5 Lulu games am the best

Hep neu yare

Quote from Violavoila »

The guy offers to give people advice, for god's sake, and everyone jumps on him. lawlz.

I'm Silver, climbing, and I see absolutely zero condescending things in that post. Chill.

Ok, OP, first question: Let's say I'm Talon or pre-6 Kassadin. I'm up against Lux and I'm being harassed early, really hard. Is there anything I can do besides leech experience from a safe range until 6? I don't do enough damage to roam, and roaming this early is probably pointless. I've run out of pots and if I want to have any hope when I hit 6 (or for Talon, 4)  I'm going to want to conserve mana to combo. What do? I can use some mana to last-hit but I still need enough to go in.

For both those champs, once I get brutalizer (for talon) or level 6 (for kass) things get a lot easier. But that early game...

I'm not op but I thought I'd try give you some advice anyway. 

As kassadin vs lux, start with crystalline flask and potions. Play defensively, last hit when the enemy is going to last hit so that they can't harass you as much and use your q to last hit caster minions if needed. Try to last hit as best as possible pre 6, if they are harassing you a lot then they will inevitably push and they will be a free kill if your jungler ganks. 

Talon vs lux is easy. Play as you would as kassadin until you're level 3 and then when they use their q or e jump on them with your e and kill them or just get free damage on them and kill them when your cds are back. It's an extremely easy lane.

Talon is really only bad when Lux is never even close to your E range. They stay so far back even at the expense of cs. I've seen Orianna do it too. It's an easy lane, but if they're that passive it just gets boring. get Brut, mobiles and roam.

Hai it's just me I am Lulu sware to praze Jebus I am

Most pleyed Lulu games NA.W. reel server

I hev playd 5 Lulu games am the best

Hep neu yare

league system is broken ==> everybody that wants to succeed does.

key is just to tryhard and always having the approach to just do the best shyt you are able to do based on your champions' given stats / skills. Once you are able to analyze how everything is used / done the most efficient way in a period of time that is as short as possible. Then you have mechanics.

Now you will need gameknowledge: predict the enemies steps from what they did before and how you can abuse their steps in your advantage. Time is one very important dimension in this concern. Always know how big your window to get somewhere is. Reacting to the enemies given stats / abilities or mechanics by adapting your playstyle and items is another thing you have to plan.

If you can decide on every single thing in less then 0.2 seconds and execute what you thought about in another 0.1 seconds you are likely to be in a high skilllevel or to get there. this also involves knowing the numbers and calculating them roughly

IMO you dont have to be proud of being in any skilllevel in league. it becomes just a mindgame (imo similar to chess or sth) in what you have to beat your opponents once you have understood that you have to kill the towers and nexus in order to win. I dont care about it being a teamgame since the randomness evens out the quality of your team in the longer run.

Quote from Violavoila »

I'm not sure what happened. I didn't pay attention to the first page because most of it wasn't directed at me. Not sure what the misconception was, this wasn't supposed to be a 'look how large my e-peen is. i'm better than all of you' style of thread. 

As for your question about Kassadin and Talon: playing melee mid laners is a difficult thing to grasp. However, once you understand how to play them, you can do well with most melee mids. I play a lot of them such as Diana, Fizz, Zed, even something that i've been messing around with to great success, Aatrox mid. 
    Something that i've ALWAYS been doing since i hit Platinum, and something i can't emphasize enough, is the importance early lane dominance as a melee mid laner. I try to arrive in lane before my opponent, even if it means not leashing my jungler. (Usually this isn't a problem because a good jungler should always be starting wherever bot lane is.) I immediately push the wave. Of course, the intensity of how hard you can push varies on your champion. For example, on Diana i like to push as hard as i can, starting shield first and ignoring the enemy completely. However, on Fizz i will just try to auto attack the minions and slowly push. If i'm talon, i will W the wave right off the bat.

What does this accomplish? It brings pressure and lane control. If you are melee and you push the wave to their tower, they will have to clear the minions and will not be harassing you. Also, you will hit level 2 first. That is a crucial point, because you can immediately start being aggressive because more often than not, you will be more powerful than them. Pushing also makes you look confident. If you come into the lane and start playing passive, letting them harass you, it will let them know that you are scared. However, by pushing aggressively, you start mind gaming the enemy. In low ELO, i find i can zone people by just blindly walking forward, almost bluffing. 

But like i said, how aggressive you can be depends on the champion. Diana is probably the best example because of how hard she can push, and how resilient she is to harass. I love to start Dorans Ring + 2 pots, push extremely hard the first two waves, and then back when they're still clearing the wave under tower. This causes me to miss minimal cs, while maintaining maximum lane pressure as a melee champion. This mostly applies to Talon, however. Kassadin's laning phase pre-6 is literally turtling with as much sustain as possible. (Usually flask + 3 pots). You throw out Q's whenever you have to opportunity to, and try to force your lane opponent out with constant Q spam. 

Hope that makes sense. 
    Basically you should try to push the first wave as a melee champion to pressure the enemy and hit level 2 first.

Also, try not rushing Brut on Talon =). High elo talon players actually build tiamat because he can almost instantly clear waves with W + tiamat active. It also allows a tiny bit more damage in his full combo, and it allows him to push in extremely easily and roam. However, after tiamat you still build armor pen like usual. I like last whisper and ghostblade. 

Last edited by Jesstures: 9/1/2013 5:38:12 PM

Quote from dnagemo »

Alot of people reached plat in 200 games , including me... Nothing to be proud off.

Does it mean I'm bad because it took me over 900 games?

Quote from Jesstures »

Quote from Violavoila »

I'm not sure what happened. I didn't pay attention to the first page because most of it wasn't directed at me. Not sure what the misconception was, this wasn't supposed to be a 'look how large my e-peen is. i'm better than all of you' style of thread. 

As for your question about Kassadin and Talon: playing melee mid laners is a difficult thing to grasp. However, once you understand how to play them, you can do well with most melee mids. I play a lot of them such as Diana, Fizz, Zed, even something that i've been messing around with to great success, Aatrox mid. 
    Something that i've ALWAYS been doing since i hit Platinum, and something i can't emphasize enough, is the importance early lane dominance as a melee mid laner. I try to arrive in lane before my opponent, even if it means not leashing my jungler. (Usually this isn't a problem because a good jungler should always be starting wherever bot lane is.) I immediately push the wave. Of course, the intensity of how hard you can push varies on your champion. For example, on Diana i like to push as hard as i can, starting shield first and ignoring the enemy completely. However, on Fizz i will just try to auto attack the minions and slowly push. If i'm talon, i will W the wave right off the bat.

What does this accomplish? It brings pressure and lane control. If you are melee and you push the wave to their tower, they will have to clear the minions and will not be harassing you. Also, you will hit level 2 first. That is a crucial point, because you can immediately start being aggressive because more often than not, you will be more powerful than them. Pushing also makes you look confident. If you come into the lane and start playing passive, letting them harass you, it will let them know that you are scared. However, by pushing aggressively, you start mind gaming the enemy. In low ELO, i find i can zone people by just blindly walking forward, almost bluffing. 

But like i said, how aggressive you can be depends on the champion. Diana is probably the best example because of how hard she can push, and how resilient she is to harass. I love to start Dorans Ring + 2 pots, push extremely hard the first two waves, and then back when they're still clearing the wave under tower. This causes me to miss minimal cs, while maintaining maximum lane pressure as a melee champion. This mostly applies to Talon, however. Kassadin's laning phase pre-6 is literally turtling with as much sustain as possible. (Usually flask + 3 pots). You throw out Q's whenever you have to opportunity to, and try to force your lane opponent out with constant Q spam. 

Hope that makes sense. 
    Basically you should try to push the first wave as a melee champion to pressure the enemy and hit level 2 first.

Also, try not rushing Brut on Talon =). High elo talon players actually build tiamat because he can almost instantly clear waves with W + tiamat active. It also allows a tiny bit more damage in his full combo, and it allows him to push in extremely easily and roam. However, after tiamat you still build armor pen like usual. I like last whisper and ghostblade. 

Though it's worth noting that if you push at the wrong time or too much you will end up losing your lane. Melee such as fizz and talon need to be able to go all in to assert their lane dominance. If you are unable to do this because you've pushed too close to the enemy tower they will be able to get free harass on you whilst you are unable to retaliate as you'll get tower aggro, you'll also be extremely vulnerable to ganks and will miss cs that are too close to their tower. 

Quote from mattbarnard »

Though it's worth noting that if you push at the wrong time or too much you will end up losing your lane. Melee such as fizz and talon need to be able to go all in to assert their lane dominance. If you are unable to do this because you've pushed too close to the enemy tower they will be able to get free harass on you whilst you are unable to retaliate as you'll get tower aggro, you'll also be extremely vulnerable to ganks and will miss cs that are too close to their tower. 

True. Like i said, the matchup will determine how hard you can push, but i always think pushing the first minion wave is beneficial. Usually they will allow you to push them directly to tower, and the wave will typically reset. However, by that time you will ideally be able to take an aggressive position. 

They may choose to freeze the wave directly in front of their tower (unlikely), however this opens you up to roaming, taking wraiths, etc. for free.

Although i don't think Fizz is a good example. He can push as hard as he wants because he is ridiculously difficult to gank.

Last edited by Jesstures: 9/2/2013 2:14:03 AM

I reached gold V in 600 games and im fucking proud of it

Quote from gogoshica123 »

I reached gold V in 600 games and im fucking proud of it

Same here; although I expect to reach Platinum in under 200; I've come a long way since then.

You know, when you focus on giving positive feedback, you have some very useful insights, Hash. -Xelnath

Quote from ThePi77 »

league system is broken ==> everybody that wants to succeed does.

key is just to tryhard and always having the approach to just do the best shyt you are able to do based on your champions' given stats / skills. Once you are able to analyze how everything is used / done the most efficient way in a period of time that is as short as possible. Then you have mechanics.

Now you will need gameknowledge: predict the enemies steps from what they did before and how you can abuse their steps in your advantage. Time is one very important dimension in this concern. Always know how big your window to get somewhere is. Reacting to the enemies given stats / abilities or mechanics by adapting your playstyle and items is another thing you have to plan.

If you can decide on every single thing in less then 0.2 seconds and execute what you thought about in another 0.1 seconds you are likely to be in a high skilllevel or to get there. this also involves knowing the numbers and calculating them roughly

IMO you dont have to be proud of being in any skilllevel in league. it becomes just a mindgame (imo similar to chess or sth) in what you have to beat your opponents once you have understood that you have to kill the towers and nexus in order to win. I dont care about it being a teamgame since the randomness evens out the quality of your team in the longer run.

this is one of the best opinions about solo q ive heard in a long time.. i think alot of ppl dont focus enough on themselves.. because you will never control how good your teammates are.. sometimes you will land on a good team, sometimes you wont.. however you CAN control YOUR actions and decisions, which if are good enough might even turn a lost game into a win.. but other than that, i think ppl take losses too seriously.. you lost, so what..?? try to learn something from your loss and see what you couldve done better, thats it.. thats all you can do really.. 

i just notice too much ppl complaining about either the system or players.. it sounds so egocentric thinking that way.. 

anyway i agree with you 100%.. not enough ppl understand this :/ 

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes