Season 3 ADC Glyphs / blues

What to run what to run?

I currently use scaling MR, but is that really worth it?

IMO id run flat MR because at bot lane you gain levels at a slower rate along with MR being very expensive x]

Really depends on the enemy team comp. If they are running Leona or a similar support with high magic damage early game, probably worth taking flat. I use scaling because I havent bothered to buy flats, and having the extra res from level 7 onwards is great because thats around when the enemy ap carry will be looking for you.

However, AP mids aren't in every game anymore, so I have another rune page set up with mp5 blues for when the other team is playing a heavy ad comp. This is great for caster type adcs like ez, corki, urgot. Alternatively you could run cdr or attackspeed or even max mana (especially if you are going manamune).

As with everything it's situational. If you want one general rune page it's probably best to run scaling mres, if you have scope for more than one then I'd have one with a more offensive option, and probably run mp/5 or cdr over attack speed because you can get good use of it on a lot of  top lane champs too. However if you play tops with a.speed scaling (kayle, irelia) then maybe the attack speed ones are better, but I personally find them a little lack lustre. I suppose cdr will be useful no matter what champ you are playing whereas aspeed and mana only applies to certain champs. I bought a set of attack speed when I was a noob and then got rid of them in the rune combiner, which I somewhat regret as I could probably put them to use on some jungle/top rune pages now.

tl;dr; stick with scaling mres, maybe set up an alternative page with a more offensive option when facing ad comps. Some people even run armour blues in this situation.

A safe bet would be scaling MR glyphs but if you're playing draft or ranked and can see who you're going against, choose either flat or scaling.
    Ex. if you're going against a lulu, corki or something (both have magic damage nukes) then flat might be better to survive the burst and trades in lane.

Summoner name: Combiecola                     Server: NA
    LoLKing: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21272873

I have a scaling and a mixed scaling and flat mr page. So I should consider AS blues? I thought them a bit lackluster compared to as reds, I wish that you could get something besides cdr/mr/mana on them efficiently, as cdr is pretty trash on tristana and caitlyn imo.

Quote from ThingODoom »

I have a scaling and a mixed scaling and flat mr page. So I should consider AS blues? I thought them a bit lackluster compared to as reds, I wish that you could get something besides cdr/mr/mana on them efficiently, as cdr is pretty trash on tristana and caitlyn imo.

anything on tristana is pretty trash imo.  So many better choices for an adc.  Screw glyphs, don't use any.  Be that guy.

IMO always run flat MR if you have them.
    Taric, Soraka, Janna, Thresh, Karma, Blitzcrank, Zyra, Nami, Lulu.... they all deal magic damage, while they are supports the damage still adds up and can be the difference between life and death.
    Not to mention the various amounts of magic damage coming from some jungler and AP Mid Ganks.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes