This thread was marked as Locked by Dankaw.

ADC Runes and Masteries

I havent really updated the way I format my runes and masteries from Season 2 until now

I run 21-9-0 on almost every carry. This excludes Sivir.

I wanted to know if with the new addition of items to League is there a better rune and mastery page setup?

If you are not that confident with your ability to last hit in lane still, ad marks + quints, with mr plvl glyphs and armor seals is nice.

But if you want to do more damage later on and feel like you have learnt your champion well enough to know how much damage you can output for last hitting, switch to armor pen marks and quints due to better scaling later on when people start to build more resistances.

Last edited by guntar34: 4/1/2013 8:20:02 PM

Quote from guntar34 »

If you are not that confident with your ability to last hit in lane still, ad marks + quints, with mr plvl glyphs and armor seals is nice.

But if you want to do more damage later on and feel like you have learnt your champion well enough to know how much damage you can output for last hitting, switch to armor pen marks and seals due to better scaling later on when people start to build more resistances.

@guntar34: If you don't run armor seals as ADC i will automatically assume you will lose your lane and teamfights

@MeowingSivir: Due to the penetration changes and better itemization for ADCs you can run 9-21, 21-9 or 21-0-9 Masteries and AD/ArPen/Armor Reds, AD/MS/Armor Quints  if you like to play either defensive or aggressive

Eh meant marks and quints regardless, since there are no such thing as ArP seals. But yeah that is correct

Having 1 Crit Mark on every AD carry page is highly advisable, it will only give you 1% Crit, but that 1 Crit at the right time can win the lane... Worth it IMO...

For the other 8 Marks, ArPen or Flat AD are usually the most common options, if you're starting with a Doran's Blade the Flat AD isn't completely needed, you shouldn't really have many issues with last hitting as an AD carry this season due to the boots nerf and Doran's Blade buff... I'd usually only run ArPen on a champion who already has a lot of kill potential early game, and prefers to go all-in on the enemy as opposed to farming...

For your Quints there are a few extra options... Many people still run Flat AD or ArPen... However some people are now running LifeSteal Quints, particularly on those champions who have a weak early-game but scale well into late-game...
    6% LifeSteal early-game can keep you from being pushes out of your lane and misses additional CS... But also, if you lack escapes or have low range LifeSteal can help a lot in team fights...

Attack Speed isn't THAT bad, and neither is Movement Speed... But I'd say that these options are far less used than the above... Comes down to preference... On AD Kennen I'd definitely run AS Marks/Quints and even a few AS Glyphs... Simply because his Base AS and AD are so strong, he doesn't need the extra AD to last hit, due to his high Base stats... On Ashe I might consider MS Quints and starting with Boots if my opponent isn't very mobile... Being able to abuse Ashe's constant slow... Or if I plan to skip Boots and get Shiv on any AD carry, MS Quints might be a good option, considering Zeal + MS Quints will give more MS than Boots

21/0/9 for spammy ADCs, 21/9/0 otherwise, or 21/5/4 if you want (for mana regen and cooldown on flash).

AD quints. Usually AD reds too, if you have little to no AD ratios on abilities (like say... tristana), then it may be wise to pick up armor pen reds. Since season 3 switched the order of flat/% penetration, armor penetration reds are always stronger in the late game. 

Flat armor yellows, scaling MR blues, flat MR blues aren't a bad option either if you don't want to spend gold on scaling.

Quote from MeowingSivir »

I havent really updated the way I format my runes and masteries from Season 2 until now

i find this extremely hard to believe due to the new mastery pages that were created for season three

CHECKMATENOOB.GIF

Quote from Nightvving »

AD quints. Usually AD reds too, if you have little to no AD ratios on abilities (like say... tristana), then it may be wise to pick up armor pen reds.

I think hybrid penetration is better on Tristana, a lot of your damage on lane/in small skirmishes is magical.

I definitely recommend 

• + 11.52Armor Pen.
    • + 4.00%Lifesteal Bonus %
    • + 1.89Physical Dmg
    • + 12.06Magic Resist
    • + 12.66Armor

In my opinion you have optimal balance between Armor Pen. and needed Damage.

4.00% Lifesteal as well as Resist keeps you alive in lane.

Masteries: 21/6/3 (i need 3x Meditation for Mana issues - noob)

hi5

s2secretsgg

you want <sup>a</sup> <sup><sup>life?</sup></sup>

I'm having a lot of success with Vayne/Tristana and MF using Lifesteal Quints (6% lifesteal is a lot, scales late game, helps to stay in lane), AD marks and usual armor/MR scaling for yellow and blues.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world.
    The unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

- G. B. Shaw

I'm looking into hybrid pen marks + quints on adcs that deal both physical and magic damage like kog and trist. I think it might help.

But otherwise, armor pen is the 'best' for lategame. AD works if you want a stronger early game and/or have trouble lasthitting, and lifesteal if you want more sustain in lane (though I wouldn't recommend it)

I should edit this, shouldn't I?

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes