@GentlemanGustaf: I don't have any interest in hyperbole. I'll offer another bulleted list:
- TF's range is 525: the same as Graves, and greater than Sivir.
- If the sole over-riding purpose of an ADC was to deal damage, only the highest damage carries would be picked. But in reality, utility and team fit matters, as well as performance during various phases of the game. All of the ADCs have access to triple multiplicative scaling in some form or another, for "good enough" damage output. S3 has even brought us alternative builds for carries, in some cases.
- Something doesn't have to be single-handedly important on its own to be worth consideration. The point about TF's AP ratios wasn't that they ended the conversation, but that the lack of true AD scaling wasn't fatal to it.
- If we were to suppose that Caitlyn's lack of a serious steroid was counter-balanced by other advantages that she brings to the table, I'd say it isn't much of a stretch to extend the same consideration to Destiny/Gate, extra gold, and PaC, for example.
- There are only two solo lanes and a jungle on Summoner's Rift, in the vast majority of cases. It's not out of the realm of possibility that one could gain advantage by using those lanes (since TF would be bot) for utility that he's not bringing to the table.
- I wouldn't accept the argument that because Destiny/Gate isn't used exactly as it would be in mid, that his kit doesn't "fit" in bottom lane. It's not as if running ganks out of mid with his ultimate is the only valid or efficient use of the ability.
- Orianna's passive, as a comparison to TF's DPS, is basically irrelevant. It's in more or less the same neighborhood as making a point of Annie's AA range.
Twisted Fate would rather be AP mid as a mage, speaking from the perspective of his kit in a void, but viability and team comps aren't decided by strictly what's best for an individual champion. There are only so many resources to go around, and a lot of ways to Tetris a team together.