Fizz just doesn't have enough CC to validate playing him as a jungler. you need to much damage items in gold to deal damage and you can't dive/engage at the start.
2/22/2013 11:14:11 AM
Posted in: Competitive Play
2/4/2013 2:34:25 AM
Posted in: General Discussions
People have a tendency to get so defensive when you have the whole LoL vs HoN vs Dota2 discussion. Looking at it objectively LoL is the "better" game, and here's why
- Lol is complex, but it has very visible complexity. This makes it seem like a casual game and it makes it easier to follow what's happening. A game where you have to put in 100+ hours to understand what's going on is not a good game. It's also not a game that's going to be popular as an eSport
- Having more variables doesn't improve a game, it adds complexity and makes it harder to be perfect, but it doesn't mean that it's better. It isn't skill adding 5 minutes to the game timer so that you know when blue buff spawns and it isn't skill to remember to "stand on the higher terrain to have an advantage". When you reach a certain level off play this should be natural.
- Football/soccer and Handball are 2 ball sports, 1 is with the foot, 1 is with the hands. they both revolve around getting the ball past the defense and the goalkeeper and into the goal. One sport has 2-3 goals each game for each team average. the other game has 20-30 goals for each team each game. Which one is the most popular? Football/soccer. Why? Because taking the high moments of a game: kills and team fights and multiplying the amount by 10 doesn't make the games more exiting, it just makes those high moments 10 times less exciting.
- Snowballing is a huge problem in top lane in lol and in dota in general. Riot tries to stop snowballing from being the deciding factor, making it only a variable that makes it more likely that you'll win the game. In dota this problem is much bigger to my knowledge, People snowball way harder, and the snowball gets bigger because you lose money when you die. Watching a 25 minute game when it's been decided which team is going to win by the first 7 minutes isn't that exciting. Sure this happens in lol, but comebacks have started happening more often in tournaments and make games jawbreakingly tense and fun.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.