shut up emb
(good post though i'm just hating on you as usual)
shut up emb
(good post though i'm just hating on you as usual)
Huh, Godwin's Law before the comments even started. New record.
WTF? HE DOESN'T MAUL TARGETS ANYMORE?
That's like the biggest nerf. Ever. EVER.
Cassius muthableepin' Clay.
And here, my friends, we can see a person who missed the point in its natural habitat. Look at it go!
Other comments on fighting a character like Teemo, following my previous post:
1) You want Spirit Visage early. Invest in a Negatron Cloak if Teemo's building a heavy AP build after your boots opener, then get your Kindlegem (and a Longsword or Doran's Blade for a little extra kick for your abilities). This will help a lot with making your passive better, making your potions worth more and helping your cooldowns a lot (which you need more against Teemo). If their team is really light on the CC, [b]really look into buying Swiftness Boots[/b], otherwise Mercury Treads are good too (for the MR and stacking with Tenacity mastery / CC reduction from active W / etc.)
2) Make him waste his mana. Seriously, scare that fool to death every chance you get. You want him to burn his speed boost every time you can, and you want him to Q you. Make him burn that mana and set yourself up for a good moment to just blow him up.
3) Buy pink wards. Put one in the river (so you can stop ganks + see pinks) and potentially some in the top brushes. Do this when you REALLY want to land a kill.
4) Don't be afraid to use Flash to close the gap if you feel you can secure a kill in one QER+Ignite combo. Flash+Q is a great way to try and burst him down quickly.
5) Make Teemo eat minion damage early. Let him occasionally hit you (make sure you're going 9/21/0) so that he soaks up early minion damage. Outsustain the damage he deals to you and harass him once or twice. You can kill him reliably with Q + low-powered E + ignite if he's taken some minion damage. A lot of Teemos make this mistake. If he backs off the minion line, he may accidentally surrender the aggressive top bushes to you. He has to make a choice if that's the case.
6) Don't chase Teemo. Seriously! If you force him away from experience, you did well. When you shove the lane to go buy, make sure you walk everywhere there might be shrooms and clear them out before you go; put W up to get tanky and Q out of the slow after you clear a small batch to go to the rest.
7) Shove the lane and go help mid. His clear is slower without using mushrooms aggressively to clear (and even then, it will run through his mana quickly). If you've pinked and shoved because you scared him off once or twice, getting an assist or a kill mid will help you fight him up top.
8) If you're ahead enough because you crushed him and have gotten sufficiently tanky, bring Oracles to team fights.
Just remember that in the end, Teemo is mostly useless late game compared to you. My suggested build is Boots + Pots > Negatron > Kindlegem > Long Sword > Spirit Visage > Brutalizer > Giant's Belt > Black Cleaver and your favorite flavor of boots somewhere in there. Then, get a tanky item (Warmog's OR Randuin's OR Sunfire Cape (or two of these items)) and determine whether your team needs additional damage (Infinity Edge), Split Pushing capability (Zephyr) or tankiness (another tanky item or GA).
I posted my thoughts on Teemo vs Garen in a reddit thread a bit ago (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/18gbjj/what_to_do_against_garen/c8ep6h8); I'll repost them here:
I'll go through my thought process here when I play against Teemo. I am down for discussing this matchup! Feel free to point holes through my strategy, but I have a ton of fun playing Garen and I always theorize what my different matchups will be like against champions, and I take notes of all of them. My thoughts on Teemo:
I think Teemo's positioning is important in this matchup while Garen is just trying to make a clever play for the majority of the laning phase. In a vacuum with no jungler help, I feel it's 6-4 to 7-3 in Teemo's favor, but Garen has options to force mistakes and runs away with the lane if he gets the upper hand at any point (because tankiness is godliness). Here's my take on it:
Blind does not help against spin, so Teemo wants to spend as much time as far as god damn possible from Garen. Garen wants to take the bushes away from Teemo as early as he can, and if he controls the bush closer to Teemo's side of the map and has river warded, he can get away when necessary and get his farm (mostly) safely).
Running flat MR, AD, armor and movespeed quints is important for this matchup: you need to be faster than normal, and along with Q and W you will be faster (on demand) and tankier (always) to start, which helps deal with the issue of Teemo's Q damage and E DoT (although the DoT is really more about denying your passive rather than doing damage, mitigating it as much as possible helps).
Observe how Teemo opened lane. If he for some reason does not have his W to start (you'll know when looking at his speed when selecting him, OR by seeing whether he places a DoT or because he'll Q you the first time you come mess with him), then you can actually scare him away from lane simply by having boots + your enhanced movement speed -- and you will get some damage in for your effort, but for the most part you want to avoid having the minions beating on you regardless of how tanky you are (take the right masteries too). If he has W to start, you can harass him by running at him anyway but you can't catch him, so for the most part you're just trying to not let him get farm. You kind of want him to spend mana on his skills as much as possible around this time.
Once you're both ~4, Teemo is kind of holding minions hostage and you can't really do much. The lane WILL get pushed and you will likely have Q 1, W 1 and E 2. You can't really clear minion waves with this yet so you'll lose out on some gold around this point until your jungler rolls through to give you a hand to make Teemo go away, until a bit later. If he brought any mana potions, he's going to be farming for a while because you can't do anything about his scout ass. If he pushed the lane all the way, you're going to lose out on a lot of gold and he's going to go back and come back with an annoying item. You have to scare him and simultaneously get farm. This is the hardest period of this lane, IMO, and surviving it without a bunch of loss determines whether Garen can bring it back without help or not.
At around level 7 or 8, Garen no longer cares if Teemo pushes the hell out of the lane. With proper vision into river, Garen ought to know whether he can get quick wave clears or not. Garen wants to decide whether he wants to kill Teemo (Black Cleaver build starting with Brutalizer) or survive him (Spirit Visage). You need to beat Teemo before he can dominate the lane by buying Phage, though, so sometimes BC is the right risk here. If only Teemo's CC worries you, you also want to consider the insane idea of buying Swiftness boots, but you only get to do this if Teemo's team doesn't have CC (and you don't plan to buy Zephyr, which you shouldn't be buying normally anyway... unless you want to split push like a maniac) because Tenacity is a very sexy thing.
And this is all without junglers! The game is totally different depending on the junglers. All in all, I think Teemo spends the entire lane looking out for a ninja flash+Q into an attempt at getting off the full spin/ignite/R combo, or for Garen to just suddenly start running RIGHT at him, which is his cue to get out of dodge, and Garen pretty much tries to time his W activations at the best possible moments to mitigate damage while being a generally crazy Demacian. Once you hit level 6 you are hoping that Teemo's occasional darts on you and potentially successful harrassment attempts have resulted in minions leaving Teemo at a respectably middling health pool where you can just Q, E, ignite and R him into oblivion on a good guess. None of this matters anymore once Teemo gets Mallet, so you have to also itemize to survive him at some point -- but you want to start off and get some damage to effectively kill him with first, if only to get a small upper hand in the lane.
Let's be serious: the match is clearly in Teemo's favor. I just don't see it as hard of a counter as people think, and there's room for some counterplay (and once Garen gets a lead in this matchup, he's in great shape -- and I personally feel he contributes more to the late game than Teemo does, especially now). There are safer (and better) picks against Garen in the top lane, but it all depends on Garen not being a slackjaw.
Really? The one change to Garen was already rough enough, why add more nerfs on top of that? (The bug fixes are fine, though, thanks.)
Marn wasn't even mentioned. Damn!
Olaf's win ratio is due to the fact that win ratios are inflated at lower tiers of skill by the fact that Garen is easier to be effective with than Olaf is. The win rate for higher level Olaf is play is MUCH higher.