Unofficial PBE Changes for 8/28
- Demacian Standard [ E ]: Range is now 860 (up from 780)
- Dark Sphere [ Q ]: Now costs 50/60/70/80/90 Mana (up from 40/50/60/70/80) and now has a 4 second cooldown (up from 3.5)
- Unleashed Power [ R ]: Now deals 90/135/180/260/320 (+0.15*AP) (up from 70/105/140/260/320 (+0.15*AP) ) and minimum damage is now 270/405/540/260/320 (+0.45*AP) (Up from 210/315/420/260/320(+0.45*AP))
New / Updated Champion Splash Art
Syndra Ability Images
RoG Article Recap
- Free champion rotation 8/28
- How We Defeat Ourselves Before We Even Start by Emeraldw
- Player perception on balance, or anything that does damage is clearly overpowered by Hashinshin
- How to improve your game like a gentleman by GentlemanGustaf
Summoners, you must listen to me. Ive come from a tumultuous time filled with creatures and technology the likes of which youve never seen! I only return now to help safeguard our world against the terrors of an uncertain future.
*** Ezreal, my calculations show that our temporal jump only occurred because you misclicked on the ***
Computer! Now is not the time for diagnostic
*** Do you know how many diagnostics I had to run after that jump? If only you allowed me to access one of the many maps in my database ***
Im starting to think returning to the past might not have been the wisest move
*** Ezreal, we can augment champions during this time to protect Valoran in the future. If you listen to my advice this time, I wont reveal your bookmarks from my onboard Pulsefire web browser. ***
Im never living this down! Lets see which of these champions we can outfit with some upgrades to save Valoran from its terrible fate!
- Ugh, Noxians. I hate Noxians. Darius might not be agreeable to me, but believe it the futures worse. 487 RP
- Urgot might take some work. Zaunites use a different type of outlet than my thermal reactors fusion core. Does anyone have an adapter? 487 RP
- I brought Jax into the armory and he refuses to select a real weapon! Who knew you could do so much damage with a Pulsefire can opener? 292 RP
- Royal Guard Fiora is being sized up for tech upgrades, but there isnt a generator now or in the future large enough to power a Pulsefire hat that big. 487 RP
- The Demacian Military has expressed interest in my hyper-advanced technology, so theyve sent Imperial Xin Zhao to assess the situation. Ill see what I can do for Mr. Pulsefire Ponytail. 260 RP
- If were going to defend Valoran against the grimmest, darkest future, well need Commando Galio to provide rock-solid defense! The last place he belongs is in a museum. 487 RP
Youve only got from August 28 to August 31 to access the armory and these discounts before the homing matrix kicks in and its back to the future for me! Computer, prime the Pulsefire Cannon. Gotta be ready for anything.
Vesh talks about the implications of labelling featured dominion matches as dominion matches.
Fixing the label doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do but I'm not sure about the implications of doing so (will less people watch it if it's labeled as Dominion?)
Usually I can identify the dominion game pretty easily based on the comp and who the summoners are, but I can see why you guys might want it to be labeled as such.
I'll look into this and tell you guys what I find, but keep in mind that it might be labeled as "normal" intentionally to give dominion players increased visibility.
In regards to " less people will watch it if it's labeled as dominion", I wouldn't want them watching under false pretenses thinking they are joining a spectator of summoners rift. I would rather people watch the dominion matches knowing what they are joining, wouldn't you?
In an ideal world, yes, but I'd rather have someone unintentionally stumble across an awesome Dominion game that gets them interest in the mode than have someone who COULD have been interested in the mode ignore it altogether because it's labeled dominion.
CertainlyT is looking to fix several bugs that have been plaguing viktor for the last few patches
Any updates thus far on getting the invisible laser fixed? Haven't heard anything, and I'd like to hear from a Rioter.
I'm never going to get my next prototype done.
But this needs to be fixed.
but sadly enought this will not be coming with this patch
Also, I fixed the bug (woot!), but had to re-factor the spell to do it. As such, the fix will probably not make this patch, since we'll need to playtest it.
Sona used to have a bugged out Powerchord interaction with Nexus/Inhibitors, it always did the sound but never proced your powerchord, so it would be saved
NOW it does, BUT you get no bonus damage, just a waste of powerchord, it has the same interaction with wards where it consumes powerchord but no extra damage (not like it should do more damage, it should just not take your powerchord
just tested a fix for this—going to try to get it into the next release.
looks like powerchord was set up to deal damage to inhibitors and the nexus (which is why it was consumed) but a bug was preventing it from being applied. we're just going to fix the bug, so sona will be able to powerchord inhibitors when that goes out.
you can't diminuendo or slow structures though, so be mindful of that if you're going to use your passive for extra damag
Meddler was so nice to share a list with objects that Syndra can manipulate with her Force of Will.
Add 'That isn't a clone' and this is pretty good as a general rule of thumb, can't immediately think of any cases it's not accurate for. Syndra's currently undergoing final balancing though so that could change of course if we find some champion specific interactions that are too strong a counter or run into other as yet unidentified issues.
To answer some of the specific examples raised:
Can be thrown:
- Yorick Ghouls
- Tibbers (though he'll continue to burn you so you'll want to throw him fast!)
- Shaco Jack in the Boxes (you'll still get feared though!)
- Malz Voidlings
- Zyra's plants
Can't be thrown:
- Jarvan's Flag
- Anivia's Wall/Trundle's Pillar
- Teemo Shrooms
- Teemo (I desperately wish we could, but according to the live balance team apparently even Teemo deserves to be treated fairly. Ludicrous I'm sure you'll agree...)