RoG Article Recap
- Old Man Eyebrows Guide to Season 3 Active Items by OldManEyeBrows
- All About Season 3 Item Efficiency by VVinrar
No Black Friday Sale
Unlike last year Riot decided to not hold a black Friday sale.
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.
We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvote
The Final Champion of the Year
We already had a few teases about the final champion of the year, RiotZeronis has also joined in now with a small tease.
The final champ is probably my favorite one I have worked on! can't wait!
Champion & Skin Sale: Sledding by Sunlight
Ah! A wonderful winter afternoon for me and Chomper to go sledding. Theres fresh snow, crisp air, and no blood stains that could freeze and send us sprawling when we just want to fly down these hills.
- Wait... Whos that? Frostblade Irelia is dressed for the occasion, with her outfit all covered by soft blues and shimmering white hues, and those Spirit Blades sure stand out. Maybe I can talk her into steering a sled instead of slicing up champions. Whoops! She Bladesurged away. 487 RP
- But Amethyst Ashe can freeze her in her tracks. The more the merrier, I always say. We need five for a real sledding team, anyway. Whys she movin so cautiously, though? Shes drawing her bow! I dont think she wants to play at all. 487 RP
- Its Cowgirl Miss Fortune shes aiming at! Not a very sensible outfit for the cold weather, Id say. I guess those twin revolvers do look ready to heat up the situation. I wanted just one quiet sledding session with my shark, and a fights ready to break out. 487 RP
- Rengar is prowling around; I dont think theyve seen him. Theres the pounce! Ashe doesnt even know what hit her, but theyre ruining all the fresh snow. How can Chomper and I practice our jumps now? 487 RP
- Whats a giant anchor doing here? Oh, its Nautilus! The Titan of the Depths is crunching giant craters in the snow. Finally, a chance to try out some of my new moves around those moguls! 487 RP
- I see whats going on. Swain is trying out some new battle tactics. He mustve brought all these champions here to take notes on their moves. All I need to do is get their attention. What if I Urchin Strike? 425 RP
Uh oh. Looks like that worked a little too well. Swain is jumping in the fray, transforming into a Ravenous Flock. These champions just dont know when to stop. Maybe Chum the Waters will make them think twice! Or, at least, convince them to race with me. Either way, seems like theyll be here from November 23 to November 26, but I cant guarantee there wont be blood on the ice.
League of Legends developer API
This is the section that will be added to the policy:
"In the event that you choose to create an Account and play the Game, we also collect certain information regarding your in-Game performance and/or interactions with other users (e.g., wins / losses, recent champions played, average number of kills / deaths etc.). These statistics are associated with your in-Game Summoner name and are publicly accessible by members of the Riot Games community. In addition, we may share your in-Game statistics with third parties in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy. To be clear, no personal information about you, such as your email address, username, IP address, or other sensitive information, will be shared as a part of this process."
So why the change?
In short, Im happy to confirm that for the first time, Riot Games will be providing 3rd party developers in the community a stand-alone API for accessing in-game League of Legends data. This has been one of the most popular community requests weve heard over the years, and were grateful for the patience you all have shown as we figure out the best way to accommodate this.
Why give people this data?
Because people make awesome stuff with game data like stats sites, which tons of players know and love. We want to see more cool things like that come out of the community.
Riot will be cleaning up the available summoner names, removing the inactive ones and even throwing up a sale to encourage more name-change sales to get that summoner name that you always wanted, but it was already taken
The Summoner Name Change cleanup and sale will be announced next week and will be live in mid December. We were hoping to get it done this week, but there are a lot of names, and some added complexity compared to last year.
All accounts which are level 5 or below and have not played a game in 2012 will lose their summoner name, and all Summoner Name Changes will be available for purchase in the store at 50% off. I'd like to do more of these cleanups in 2013 with different criteria, so if you have an opinion on why more (or fewer) accounts should lose their name next time, feel free to post it here.
The old accounts can be reactivated in the future, but they will have to pick a new name.
Nami, the Tidecaller Revealed
The newest support champion to join the League is Nami, the Tidecaller. A water caster who channels the primal energies of the ocean, Nami harnesses waters restorative properties and commands the raw power of the tides themselves.
- Surging Tides (Passive): Allied champions affected by Namis abilities have their movement speeds increased for a short duration.
- Aqua Prison: Nami sends a bubble of water into the air to a targeted location that deals magic damage and displaces enemies hit by the bubble.
- Ebb and Flow: Unleashes a surge of water that can target an enemy or allied champion. The water can bounce from champion to champion and deals magic damage to enemy champions and heals allied champions.
- Tidecallers Blessing: Nami buffs an allied champion, adding extra magic damage and a slow to their attacks.
- Tidal Wave: Nami summons a massive Tidal Wave from her position. The wave deals magic damage and slows all enemy units it passes through. Enemies closest to the initial spawn point are slowed for a shorter duration than those farther away, but all are slowed for a significant length of time and Tidal Wave has a large range.
As a support with powerful crowd control abilities, Namis kit gives her the potential to impact every phase of your games. In lane, Nami excels at applying constant pressure to the enemy. The buffs provided by Tidecallers Blessing allow her lane partner to come out ahead in exchanges, and the long-distance stun from Aqua Prison can keep low health enemies from engaging safely. Moreover, because her healing skill also bounces to damage nearby enemies, Namis core support abilities work best when her partner is on the attack.
In the mid game, when teamfights become more frequent, the utility of Ebb and Flow increases. The more champions the wave can bounce to, the more efficient it becomes. You can use Aqua Prison and Tidal Wave to disrupt opponents positioning with stuns and slows, and take advantage of her passive combined with Tidecallers Blessing to help chase down a fleeing enemy champion.
With her potent combination of crowd control and buffs, Nami continues to have a substantial presence in team fights once the transition is made to the late game. Even though shes not on the front lines dishing out damage, Nami becomes a fantastic initiator through the range of her ultimate. The enormous distance covered by the rushing Tidal Wave can easily force a teamfight, or allow her team to disengage while their opponents are slowed under the weight of the tide.
Balancing her offensive capabilities and defensive utility will be crucial to success with Nami. Learn to ride the rolling wave, and you may find your team swimming to victory.
*As with any champion, Namis abilities may change before release.
A Legendary Gift for a New Summoner
Become a legendary gift-giver this holiday season with the League of Legends Starter Pack. For only $5, this collection of champions, skins, and boosts will introduce your friends and loved ones to your favorite online game. The set includes favorite champions Garen, Ashe, Ryze, Annie, and Master Yi, along with the Assassin Master Yi skin. Your lucky gift recipients will also nab a 1-day IP Boost and a 7-day XP boost to help them reach your level faster. You can pick up Starter Packs at many fine retailers.