RoG Article Recap
- The Effect of Season 3 Penetration Rune Changes on AD Carries By VVinrar
- The Nerf to Attack Speed for Season 3 By OldManEyeBrows
Nami Login Screen and Music
We have a first look at the new login screen for Nami. As always we can download the login music here.
eCommerce question of the week
Hippalus is back to answer more question about a variety of topics
I have heard that a system is being tested where players can swap limited and legacy skins with other players. This keeps the original amount of limited skins that were originally sold the same as players are simply swapping. Of course demand is much greater than the supply so these skins can cost 5,000 rp or something.
What is setting this project back other than I guess season 3 changes?
I have spent a lot of time trying to develop workable solutions to the limited edition skin "problem" and have very little to show for it so far. There are many issues setting back the idea of a skin auction or trading system. Here are a few: Legal issues in different countries. Hacking risks. Concerns that 5,000+ RP skin prices will piss off more players than it will satisfy. Tech prioritization vs. ideas that will benefit more players. Nothing that can't be solved or mitigated with the right effort, but only if a skin auction becomes the number one priority of a decent number of Rioters, and there are a lot of competing priorities.
That said, I will find a solution to the problem in 2013, one way or another.
I will wrap up this thread at the end of 2012, but now that I've been at Riot a few months, I am better equipped to answer more questions more quickly in more places, so the flow of information should increase overall. For those of you who haven't had enough upvotes here to have your questions answered, look for an eCommerce AMA on Reddit in mid December.
And to those who have been hoping to be able to purchase RP or champs/skins as gifts for in-game friends during the holidays, your wait should be over soon...
Champion & Skin Sale: Campfire stories
Its been a long day, summoner. My team and I have been practicing for the upcoming Showdown. Im trying to pull this bunch together on short notice, and they havent been enthusiastic.
- Its exhausting for Xin Zhao, especially; hes the only one who glanced at the manual I instructed them to read. Theyre in the middle of chapter three: Building a Fire Together. Come along and Ill introduce you to the team. 487 RP
- Talon is gathering more tinder, but hell be back soon, Im sure. We all voted and decided that with his swift blades, an armful of dead wood wont take him long to harvest. 487 RP
- Youll recognize Twitch. He insisted on handling the cooking, although Im not convinced the result will be worth the mess. Between us, I cant help being concerned about the poison, you know? 487 RP
- I havent been able to get Full Machine Viktor to stop whittling what few branches we have. Youd think a mad machine technician would have something more science-y to do when we need to get a fire started. Wheres the lasers? 487 RP
- Still, at least he isnt wasting time practicing shooting cans off a tree branch like Desperada Cassiopeia. Come on, we cant lose focus! It says in chapter two that doing things together is the best way to build trust.487 RP
- Over there is Augmented Singed. He insists that this is all worthless. His idea of team-building is spraying gas over minions in lane, and doesnt want anything to do with my trust exercises. But hell wish he wouldve joined in when it comes down to a one versus three and no one is around to countergank for him!487 RP
Nidalee Visual Update Returns
It looks like Nidalee's visual update will be returning to PBE this patch.
well, we'll be patching her back out to the pbe very soon. we didn't want to ship her with the season 3 changes, and wanted more time to finish up splash images and polish. now that season 3 changes have shipped, there isn't really a reason to not put her back in the build. more coverage isn't going to hurt. :3
long story short: we'll put nidalee back in the pbe build (as she was when we removed her) while we finish things up internally. if all goes well, we'll ship her soon after she's done.