Update: active discussion going on about Shaco's changes.
Update 2: Added new champion and skin sale!
Update on Yi's Meditate Ability Change on PBE
If you missed yesterday's news. Yi got hit with what looked like a rather large nerf. However Riot reported that the tooltip was not fully updated leaving at an important part of the change
Hmm, the channel on Meditate should be 3 seconds now, making it a better spell for AD Yi. I'm assuming this is a tooltip bug, I'll fix it tomorrow when I get in.
Extra bonus RP and Double IP for a limited time
Season 3 is imminent and the competition is beginning to flex their muscles are you ready to rise to the challenge and take on all comers? To help you get ready for Season 3 were offering two bonus promos adouble IP weekend and some extra bonus RP with each purchase:
- Your double IP weekend starts on January 26 and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific on January 27
- Get extra bonus RP when you purchase RP from now through January 31 at 11:59 PM Pacific
Heres a breakdown of how much RP youll receive for purchases during the Prepare for Season 3 Bonus:
- $5.00 650 RP
- $10.00 1460 RP (1300 + 80 standard bonus RP + 80 extra bonus RP)
- $20.00 3000 RP (2600 + 200 standard bonus RP + 200 extra bonus RP)
- $35.00 5450 RP (4550 + 450 standard bonus RP + 450 extra bonus RP)
- $50.00 7900 RP (6500 + 700 standard bonus RP + 700 extra bonus RP)
- $100.00 17000 RP (13000 + 2000 standard bonus RP + 2000 extra bonus RP)
Unfortunately, because mobile payment methods dont receive bonus RP, we wont be able to apply the doubled bonus to these transactions.
These bonuses should help you stock up on some new gear in preparation for the next chapter in competitiveLeague of Legends.
Sejuani Rework Information
Hey folks, first update on progress with Sejuani here. Since the original post I've gathered a bunch of feedback, particularly through threads like this, and tried out various changes in internal playtests, some of which have tested well, some of which haven't and some of which are still works in progress. The goal of these changes is to try and maintain what people like about Sejuani while adding a bit more perceived impact/readability to her abilities, increasing her opportunities for big plays (and, if needed to balance that, adding a bit more counterplay in exchange) and investigating a bit of increased use of her boar/flail as thematic elements if appropriate.
Examples of things that have already tested well and are likely to be part of her rework (generally low risk quality of life improvements):
1. Changing the mark for Permafrost from a very weak slow to a non CC debuff. This allows allows the mark's duration to be extended to a longer value than would be appropriate for a slow and stops the mark from having a reduced duration against targets with CC.
2. A clearer particle for that mark so it's really clear at any point which enemies will be affected by Permafrost's activation.
3. Slightly increased responsiveness on Artic Assualt when it comes to detecting collisions with enemies and calculating travel through terrain, courtesy of some tech improvements since her development.
Examples of things still in testing (being experimented with to see if they work, not guaranteed to happen):
1. Base stat tweaks
2. Adding a bit of tankiness somewhere on the kit to better match Sejuani's thematics (tough warrior on a giant boar) and reduce the amount of damage she takes early on.
3. Changes to Artic Assault's behaviour on hitting an enemy champion (e.g. stronger CC than just a slow)
4. Whether Northern Winds should apply the mark for Permafrost and then have its gameplay tweaked (since the current 'bonus damage against Frosted targets' interaction would then be irrelevant)
5. Increasing risk of play slightly and in exchange increasing reward for good play to match.
The next step design side is simply more testing and iteration, both on the examples listed above and some other stuff. Then, once we've got a set of changes we're happy with, we'll refine those, balance them and, where needed then work with our art department on new visual/audio elements (e.g. the clearer mark for Permafost as above). As previously mentioned there's also some interest internally in tweaking Sejuani's appearance a bit. That's not my area of expertise so I'll try and catch IronStylus at some point and see if there's anything concrete about that can be passed on about that. As far as timeframe for all of this goes there's still a fair while to go - I expect we'll see at least one other rework out before Sejuani's. Stuff is progressing though and I'll update again in a while once we've got things more locked down design side.
Appear Offline in LoL
We've seen the request for an "Appear Offline" option in the PvP.net application quite often on both reddit and the official League forums. MakaHost and I thought we should create an app that would allow you to do this! For fancy pro-players like Skumbag Krep or Siv HD, we have also added a tool that automatically blocks all pending friend requests!
The tool creates a second login for the PvP.net client, and forces your summoner to use the “invisible-statustype”, that Riot did not implement in their client. To do this, you have to log in with your regular username and password. We are very aware that this sounds like a scam or phishing, and we do understand if you choose not to use this tool. To give you a bit of comfort: if we wanted, we could have gathered tons and tons of data using our iLoL client, but we choose not to do that.
You can now appear as Offline in the PvP.net.
You can still initiate chats and chat.
You can still invite people for games.
You can not be invited anymore.
Friends cannot open a chat to you anymore.
I know Xypherous was trying to re-script the turrets recently. Not sure where he is on that. I'll check in with him tomorrow.
Heimer's turret system is one of the trickier bits of scripting we have, but I am free to do some clean up work on champs that need it since Thresh is complete.
Champion and Skin Sale
- Greetings, vessels. I am Crimson Elite Talon, brought here to tell you all of a lethal little team Ive assembled. Not only is this murderous motley something of a vitriol dream team, but weve all agreed to bring you brutal, cutthroat savings, too. Youd be forgiven for thinking that weve spilled our brains all over the floor, but no... its not our senses you need fear for. My blades are yours, if you choose to wield them. 487 RP
- My fellow killer-in-arms Crimson Elite Riven has put her services forward, too. A broken blade still breaks bodies fast when in her hands, as legions of the dead can morosely attest. 487 RP
- And when the body shatters, what of the spirit? Soul Reaver Draven will gladly attend to your concerns. He will chill your heart then harvest everything that you are. 487 RP
- I have called on the monstrosity that is Urgot to join in this little bloodletting of ours, and he gladly comes bearing his festering might and unrelenting, bone-breaking suffering. 395 RP
- Ah, and there goes Katarina. I had feared the crimson-haired slaughtering siren would not be here in time, but she moves faster than the shadows, and is not one to miss out on butchery. 395 RP
- That chanting it can only be Draven! His methods are louder than I prefer, but I cannot argue with his results. He looks as keen as his blades to get this feast started. 487 RP
So have at it! This assembly cannot last forever; massacres can only persist where there are targets to be annihilated, and this murderous carousel dices like no other. If youre interested in taking advantage of these slashed prices, then act fast between January 22 and January 25. Your enemies will regret their inaction.
Gifts From Riot
To shed a bit more light on this; the gifts in question will be sent out to a small number of players as part of a new rewards program. With this program, well be giving a little something back to the most outstanding contributors in the League of Legends community players with extraordinarily high tallies of games played, streamers like Guardsman Bob and TheOddOne, content creators like Dunkey, Wrenchmen, epic cosplayers, and more.
This particular program is something that our NA and EU community teams have been working on, and other territories are in the process of considering their own. Were interested in doing even more to reward other awesome community members in the future, but dont have any definite plans to share just yet.