- This is PBE. This is where riot tries out various numbers to test and play with. This does not mean it will go live like this!
- The following is datamined from the TOOLTIPS, this means any changes, are changes made to the tooltips and may not reflect abilities that have values that don't match their tooltips
- -Riot may not always fully update a tooltip, PLEASE do not rage about changes, take these as a basic idea of what to go test on the PBE!
- This compares PBE to PBE (not live)
- "Remember, PBE are not patch notes!" ~ @RiotMorello!
Two new Karma Skins
|Jade Empress Karma|
I felt this needed it's own post.
Yes, we did add them in, on all her skins. Yes, as some of you have guessed, it is only on her Dance. We wanted to give you guys an homage to the fans, as they were a key element to her in the past.
We did initially remove the fans, as Morello quipped in the Leak thread. We weren't fully prepared for how fond of them some of you were; which is a point we've heard loud and clear, and will be discussing further in-depth for future Relaunches and Visual Upgrades.
Allow me to jump into the fray here for a second. On our champions, especially older ones, we have very iconic elements. Things that when you think of the champion, you can't help but think of. This can go one way or another, either good or bad, weak or strong.
An example of a this that we've looked at in the past would be Annie's panties. Could you argue that it was a core element to her design? Sure. Okay. But was it strong, or a good thing? A little more arguable. Was it something we wanted to keep? How would it look with increased fidelity? How much are players attached? We reviewed this in her case, and removed them. We felt that something like Tibbers was much stronger, more core, and very recognizable in her case, and so we pumped that up to the awesome floppy bear you see today.
The take away here for and from Karma is that we should scrutinize core elements more. This doesn't mean we'll necessarily keep them all, but perhaps if we do wind up in a similar situation, we'll keep some kind of reference in. For the fans, as I said, we added them back in as an homage, for those fond of them. We really wanted to push the Mantle of Decorum, and her Mantra style gameplay. And who knows? Maybe this will open the space for another fan champion to blow us all away?
Does this properly explain our choices, whether you like them or not?
Though her files are here, it looks like there are still some bugs with her.
IS SHE COMING TONIGHT?!:
...no! We ran into a few issues that caused games to be unplayable, so we figured you guys wouldn't exactly want that. Trust me, I'm with you guys in wanting to see her played as soon as possible.
I did want to get this post up for you guys, because I see you all already taking a peek at her skins and stuff. So let's hear it! What do you guys think?
As far as when she'll be playable... I don't want to say tomorrow in case something happens, but... Tomorrow is likely.
Thank you for your (continued) patience. <3
- Pyroclasm [ R ] - Now deals 50/90/130 (down from 50/100/150) [Note: This is a change from the previous Brand change last patch]
A few of the changes we saw from her officialy announced new kit made it, but not all of them are here yet.
- Stretching Strike [ Q ] - Now costs 4% of current health (down from 6%)
- Elastic Slingshot [ E ] - Now charges up over 1 second (up from .9)
- Let's Bounce! [ R ] - Tooltip now has added "and can activate Unstable Matter while in the air."
We reported on this a few patches ago, but it looks like it is "officially" now on the PBE
Today we've enabled a feature on the PBE that removes the "hard random" behavior in champ select and prevents match-made games from starting when a player fails to select a champion.
Here's how the new system works:
- When any player in a match-made game fails to select a champion before their timer expires, the game is terminated.
- A player who fails to select a champion is given a queue dodge penalty. The dodge penalty functions exactly the same as if the player closed their PVP.net client.
- Solo players who succeed in selecting a champion are returned to the front of the matchmaking queue.
- Arranged teams whose members all succeed in selecting a champion are returned to the front of the matchmaking queue.
- Arranged teams with one or more members who fail to select a champion are returned to the arranged team lobby.
- Draft mode is handled on a pick-by-pick basis. If a player fails to pick a champion during their turn, the game is terminated immediately. Players later in the draft order, who did not have an opportunity to pick a champion, are given the benefit of the doubt and not assigned a dodge penalty.
We know a lot of players have been asking for these changes for a while, and we're hoping to get them to the live servers ASAP, so test them out and let us know if you find any bugs. Also note these changes only apply for match-made games. Custom games are not yet supported and will still apply a "hard random".
Finally, I'd like to call out several Rioters who were determined to deliver this feature and volunteered their time and effort during a recent Riot Thunderdome (game jam) event to make it happen: