Haunted Zyra Finally Active
Haunted Zyra's Passive
- Base Damage is now 53 (Up from 49.24)
- Base Damage now scales with 2.7 (down from 3)
- Base Mana now scales with 40 (down from 65)
- Base Armor is now 10 (up from 7)
- Base Health Regen per 5 seconds is now 0 (Down from 4.5)
- Base Health Regen per 5 seconds now scales with 0.6 (Up from 0.55)
- Base Mana Regen per 5 seconds is now 6 (down from 7)
- Base Mana Regen per 5 seconds is now 0.6 (down from 0.65)
- Tips - Added: 'Spreading out Hextech Micro-Rockets leads to more reliable damage and more efficiency against multiple targets,but focusing it creates the biggest impact.'
- H-28G Evolution Turret [ Q ] - Heimer can now hold 1/1/2/2/3 Kit(s)at once (Up from 1/1/2/2/2)
- Hextech Micro-Rockets [ W ] - Each rocket deals 60/90/120/150/180 (Down from 85/135/185/235/285)
- Hextech Micro-Rockets [ W ] - Rocket damage now scales with 0.45 (down from 0.55)
- Hextech Micro-Rockets [ W ] - Champions and Monsters hit by more than one rocket take 20/20/20/20/20% magic damage (% wasn't specified previously)
- Hextech Micro-Rockets [ W ] - Max rocket damage added - 108/162/216/270/324
- Hextech Micro-Rockets [ W ] - Now costs 70/80/90/100/110 Mana (changed from 65/85/105/125/145)
- Hextech Micro-Rockets [ W ] - Range is now 1525 (up from 1000)
- Hextech Micro-Rockets [ W ] - Cooldown is now 11/11/11/11/11 (Up from 10/10/10/10/10)
- CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade [ E ] - Now deals 60/100/140/180/220 damage (down from 80/135/190/245/300)
- CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade [ E ] - Slows their Movement Speed by 35/35/35/35/35% (% wasn't specified previously)
- CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade [ E ] - Slow duration is now 2/2/2/2/2 seconds (changed from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3)
- CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade [ E ] - Stun duration is now 1.25/1.25/1.25/1.25/1.25 seconds (wasn't specified previously)
- CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade [ E ] - Now costs 85/85/85/85/85 Mana (Changed from 80/90/100/110/120)
- CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade [ E ] - Range is specified to be 970 (previously said 0)
- CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade [ E ] - Cooldown is now 18/16/14/12/10 (up from 13/12/11/10/9)
- UPGRADE!!! [ R ] - H-28Q Apex Turret: Places a Turret that deals 90/110/130 magic damage with its cannon (damage wasn't specified previously)
- UPGRADE!!! [ R ] - H-28Q Apex Turret: Beam now deals 225/300/375 (up from 20/25/30)
- UPGRADE!!! [ R ] - H-28Q Apex Turret: Now scales with 0.8 (down from 1)
- UPGRADE!!! [ R ] - Hextech Rocket Swarm: Each rocket now deals 130/180/225 damage (wasn't specified previously)
- UPGRADE!!! [ R ] - Hextech Rocket Swarm: Champions and Monsters hit by multiple rockets take reduced damage, max 500/690/865 (changed from 3/3/3)
- UPGRADE!!! [ R ] - CH-3X Lightning Grenade: damage dealt now specified to be 150/200/250
- UPGRADE!!! [ R ] - Now costs 100/100/100 Mana (up from 90/90/90)
- UPGRADE!!! [ R ] - Cooldown is now 100/85/70 (down from 120/105/90)
- Base range is now 450 (up from 425)
- Base damage now scales with 3 (up from 2.9)
- Magic rating is now 1 (down from 2)
- Difficulty rating is now 3 (down from 5)
- Ricochet [ W ] - Tooltip now says: 'Sivir's next 3/3/3/3/3 basic attacks bounce to nearby targets,dealing physical damage to the first target and (60/65/70/75/80% of total Attack Damage)physical damage to each subsequent target.'
- Ricochet [ W ] - Added to the tooltip: 'Only the first target is affected by on-hit effects.Each target may only be hit once by each Ricochet.'
- Ricochet [ W ] - Cooldown is now 9/8/7/6/5 (Up from 7/6/5/4/3)
- Spell Shield [ E ] - Mana regain is now 60/75/90/105/120 (Down from 150/150/150/150/150)
- Spell Shield [ E ] - No longer has cost
- On the Hunt [ R ] - Now has a Passive: Sivir gains 40/60/80% Attack Speed while Ricochet is active.
- On the Hunt [ R ] - Active: Sivir rallies her allies for 10/10/10 seconds,granting all nearby allies an initial 60/60/60% Movement Speed bonus that reduces to 20/20/20% after 4/4/4 seconds.
- On the Hunt [ R ] - No longer has cost
- On the Hunt [ R ] - Cooldown is now 100/80/60 (down from 100/90/80)
- Ascended Form [ Passive ] - Tooltip now says: 'Xerath feeds on arcane power,making him increasingly resilient to physical harm.He converts 15% of his Ability Power into Armor.'
- Arcanopulse [ Q ] - Now fires a long-range beam, without Xerath charging prior to it
- Arcanopulse [ Q ] - No longer says 'Charging the spell increases its range.'
- Locus of Power [ W ] - Renamed back to Locus of Power from Ascension
- Locus of Power [ W ] - No longer says 'Stationary artillery mode that shoots four times before going on cooldown.'
- Locus of Power [ W ] - Tooltip now says 'Xerath immobilizes himself near a source of magical power,increasing the range of all his spells and causing his magic damage to ignore 16/22/28/34/40% of his target's Magic Resist.Lasts 8/8/8/8/8 seconds or until toggled off. When the effect ends,Xerath's Movement Speed is increased by 35/35/35/35/35% for 2/2/2/2/2 seconds.'
- Locus of Power [ W ] - No longer has cost
- Locus of Power [ W ] - Range now says 0
- Locus of Power [ W ] - Cooldown is now 20/16/12/8/4
- Death Mark [ R ] - The shadow now lasts for 6/6/6 seconds
- Spirit Rush [ R ] - Now deals 70/110/150 damage (up from 70/105/140)
- Spirit Rush [ R ] - Damage now scales with 0.3 (up from 0.25)
'In the ancient civilization of Shurima, the mage called Xerath practiced magic with undying passion. He believed that with enough magical power, he could gaze into the heart of Runeterra to know the secrets of history and the universe beyond. Such magic was beyond the limitations of a mortal body, but Xerath obsessively pursued a path to infinite power nonetheless. With every breakthrough he grew more and more powerful, yet not without consequence. Xerath's increasing arcane abilities wrought havoc on his physical form. Desperate, he undertook a dangerous ritual to transcend his dying body. The outcome would be immortality or self-destruction. Violent magic unleashed during the ritual caused devastation throughout Shurima, but when the dust settled, Xerath emerged as an ascended being of pure arcane energy.
Free of flesh and bone, Xerath held nearly infinite power at his command. However, in the wake of his chaotic ritual, the mages of Shurima feared his careless disregard for life would bring ruin to the kingdom. After a terrible struggle they subdued Xerath, but they could not destroy his ascended form. Instead they trapped him within an enchanted sarcophagus and sealed him in an underground tomb. Eons passed, civilizations rose and fell, and Xerath's imprisonment was lost to memory. For centuries, Xerath's vast power tore away at the sarcophagus and weakened its spell. Finally, he willed forth a burst of magic that shattered his prison, but its core remained, containing Xerath and his power within its broken pieces. Seeking to rid himself of this burden, he was drawn to the magic of Valoran's nexuses and found he could absorb their power. Yet the nexuses had gatekeepers: petty mages known as summoners. Xerath knew his key to true freedom from his prison lay in gaining their trust, and he offered his power to the League of Legends.
''I have no need for vengeance. Time has brought ruin to the mages of Shurima and I alone remain.''
-- Xerath, the Magus Ascendant'
New Navigation Tab Graphics
As you can see, there is what seems to be a new RP Tab in the Store!
"New" Ashe Icons
New Hecarim Sounds
Turret Indicators Now Working Properly
After not being available two days ago and only flashing instead of displaying on the ground yesterday, the turret indicators are finally flawless:
Xelnath on Xerath
Since a lot of you are wondering about Xerath's "changes", here is a collection of Xelnath's posts about him from today:
Originally Posted by Riot (View RedTracker Source)Xelnath,Actually, I did not say that - or certainly did not mean to imply that.
You mentioned removing the 15% bonus AP because it wouldnt feel good, since Xeraths damage would have to be lowered to compensate. Free, unconditional magic penetration is the same problem. Its the same way that Dariuss armor penetration doesnt feel particularly strong on him, because hes balanced around having it on in every situation and that forces his other skills to become weaker. While the amount of penetration Xerath has on live may be overtuned, it feels good because you have control over when its on and off, and feel stronger for it. Perhaps make it so that Xerath gains bonus magic penetration on consecutive shots against champions? Some sort of way to give the player agency over the passive.
The problem with 15% higher AP is that it makes him crushing crush squishies harder. % magic pen actually has a greater effect (often 30% more) against a champion with free baseline magic resistance.
So in this way, it actually levels the playing field a bit. As far as ramping attacks goes, that's an interesting idea. How does that help, in your vision?It was a survey, and I do know about it, but if you look at the kit before the survey and after the survey, there was no change whatsoever.That's just not true at all. Before the survey, we had made Xerath's W and R fire many shots, while the survey revealed that players would prefer fewer, chunkier attacks. It also revealed that players were hugely in favor of the new VFX and a number of other details.
The survey was to see if there was interest in a Xerath rework, and a basic direction to take the rework in if I remember correctly, but it had no visible effect on the kit.
I could go on, but frankly, Crownface, this isn't a productive line of attack. All you're doing is rehashing the same thing: "You aren't doing what I want, so you must not have been listening."
It's getting old, bud. I've heard you, but having weighed the many voices, our focused user testing and the general reaction of players who played the new kit, I am confident we're moving in the right direction for the game as a whole - which appears is not the right direction for you.Continue how you see fit, you have a lot of experience and you're an accomplished designer, I've made my observations, comparisons, and shared my opinion, which is, of course, in opposition to yours, but if you feel like I'm just attacking you and being petty, then I'll stop.Let's discuss the options here:
- Stop the rework - This is off the table
- Change the rework dramatically - We are beyond the point of doing this. Art is almost finished.
- Make focused polish adjustments to make sure the Xerath experience is as rich and balancable as possible - This is where we're at
If you want to make suggestions in this final space, we can talk about it. If you disagree with the goal of the rework or the major abilities, we're past the point where that's productive....it feels like as if all my posts have gone to waste. Not a single issue I've been asking about has been even mentioned.Let's talk about this point. Which mages out class him? I actually feel like Xerath might be incredibly more powerful and have a wider sphere of influence than many midlanes.
What I'm asking for, isn't the rework to stop. I'm fine with it, it just needs the fine-tuning I've been asking for because now so many more mages out-class him and assassins still wreck him.
Leblanc, Assassins, etc should still kill Xerath. That's appropriate for the amount of payload Xerath can unload at the ranges he has. You don't get power without clear weaknesses. Melee assassins >> Xerath if they close. Xerath >> if he has peel and can keep distance.I'm not against him getting a rework. Mind you, I was quite happy, initially then I popped into the forums to see deeper what was going on and realized that they were ruining him...and people say Morello ruins champs :/ I've posted, many a time what minor changes can be made without destroying the schedule of the rework team and it falls upon deaf ears except for 1 post. Yet that reply was just asking me to test him out on PBE and...I couldn't believe just how horrible his W and E were.Lux should be a tough lane. Lux is about landing a Q, then blowing up the target. Well timed Xerath Q should penetrate her shields.
Have any of the reds tested playing against a lux? A gragas? Even if against eachother.
Have the reds tested it against high-mobility assassins? Pre-6 you may not die but post 6 on this kit you have no way of stopping them once they attack you. If they have half a brain and attack you during a minion wave, what can your E do? Your only method of peel? Nothing really. All it can do now is just (hopefully) interrupt a katarina ult.
Gragas will pretty much 100% of the time beat Xerath. Gragas is a bruiser with an AP aoe nuke and a reverse Oriana ult. Very tough to beat. Similarly, Talon, Zed, Akali will all wreck a Xerath. That's appropriate.
You might be better than I at fighting Gragas then - I consistently lose to a good gragas getting into my face, auto-attacking and winning. Plus the level 6 ult just knocks me into him if I'm locus'd.
Anyways, yes, this kit has traded out periods of immobility and periods of fast mobility for a smoother movement scale on Q and a fun attack sequence on W.
This kit does not have hard combos. That is correct. W->E->Q was really the only variation Xerath had on live for closing in on stuns, excluding the mobile R case.
Let's look back at the goals of the rework:
* Keep the good abilities
* Reduce clunkiness
* Create skill options
* Satisfy the siege/sniper fantasy better
* Maximize range and damage over CC
Before, E -> Q or E -> R were about it. W->Q was basically one skill. W -> E by itself was pointless. W -> E -> Q was his CC.
That was it. That was the depth of the character. You had rigidly defined instructions, not options. Now you have the option to start with W to setup an E stun to guarantee a Q hit, or fish for an E stun to guarantee a W center shot, followed up by a Q.
I will gladly concede that maxing E first on Xerath is not really an option. It did not seem like a viable option to me before on Live Xerath easier.
Finally, Q charging on its own lets you snipe consistently. R is far more clearly a siege, finishing ability. (Perhaps so much that it should have missing % health damage? That would damage its effectiveness for opening a team fight though)
The things the kit does not have that I could not find a healthy way to preserve were:
1) A highly selective stun
2) Free massive amounts of armor driven by AP (This also felt unnecessary and out of character)
3) Hard Combos (He has soft combos instead)Although I dont agree with all of your points this is the best set of ideas ive seen yet in this forum. I feel the q should have no cast time after charge up and a slightly less of a slowing effect. His current E is absolutely horrid and absolutely needs to be reverted back to live.E needs the warning to communicate the path and behaviour to the opponent. It is intended that using this ability for personal safety instead of opening up a window to attack is less effective, since its basically a guaranteed success without the need for a skill shot now.
Q *must* have a delay before firing - otherwise it is not possible to avoid such a long range attack. The base Q range is pretty hefty though - I highly recommend you try closing distance and just firing it off a few times - I've had decent success with this on PBE.
Q full-range charge is a trade of telegraphing your actions (creating counterplay opportunities for the opponent) for increases safety. Trade away that safety to take away their safety as well.And how exactly is that an improvement to live?My job is *not* to buff your character. I realize that is what you want. Live Xerath is not an underpowered champion who needed buffs. We are trying to make the healthiest champion that preserves the good mechanics of Xerath and fills the role that the many players we talked to, surveyed and interacted with indicated was their Xerath fantasy.
I remember reading a red, that wanted to remove hardcounter as much as possible and yet here i read the exact opposite.
Is my memory playing tricks on me there?
I, too, heavily mastered the clunky hero to gain access to his incredibly OP stats. That is why I recognize the pain you feel. However, that clunkiness pulled a lot of potential away from Xerath too.That's OKYou have no name. Are you even real? Or just figment of my sleep starved imagination?
You spend enought time to explain that live E was Broken, +40% spellpen too, and was a way to compensate Locus Root. Can we move on and refocus on constructives feedbacks ?
(Are my posts still like a scream in the void !?)Xelnath,How would you implement this? Clicking Q a second time cast the spell.
So as I ask before, in fews words :
- Can we have a way to cancel the Q charging? (to keep manacost and stop beeing slowed without waiting a cast time, when a fast reaction is needed )
- Why a sniper Ultimate and not a shellfire one ? can you let us know what kind of Shellfire R we may have if we supposed a ~1500/1800 range, with no vision, some delay cast ... like the Live Xerath R is.I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for? You want a higher damage R? Players already feel its very strong.
Lux is broken. Thankfully, her win rate is pretty low, but since people still enjoy her, she's not a high priority at the moment. Perhaps you can make a case for it though.
Alright, its late and I have stuff to do tomorrow. Goodnight all.About the mana passive, it is reallllly good. When i talk about Live Xerath mana issue, I talk about the fact that you must manage it really hard before you get a Chalice.Thanks for this, Lailo, I understand what you're asking for. You wish to trade off the supreme range for greater ability to hit many targets in a close-range team fight.
With the passive, manaregen item are not anymore mandatory... But yes, you will take later an Athena or/and a Morellonicon to get CDR, and get manaregen you 'll need when you'll no more do any AA.
If you havent acces to PBE, i'll try to make a video in order to show you how great it is.
Now about Live Xerath damages, I just can do on your way ! Live Xerath is a late game super carry with his 3.2 AP ratio & his 40% MagicPen. I know how strong he 's, i pick him in 80% of my games.
But as Xelnath said, this AP ratios, this magic pen, and the none skillshot stun are just thing Xerath get to balance his self-root.
Sadly Locus will never come back, and OP Live Xerath stat will go with it.
It's useless to compare Live Xerath damages to PBE one, it's a no match.
Let compare it to a classic mage :
annie ==> QWR combo on a single target 975+ 2.15 AP
Lissandra => QWER combo on a single target 1045 + 2.55 AP
Lux ==> QWR+Passive combo on a single target 1190 + 2.05 AP
PBE Xerath V5 ==> QW(pointblank)E combo on a single target 759 + 2.11. Then you can execute him with you R : 900+ 1.2 AP
Ok, let say you missed pointblank W and fail 2 shots of ult : 1095 + 2.35 AP
that's not that bad !
Ok my calculation doesnt take in count CD on spell, or control effect ...etc
but in a Burst case, like if you have to all in on target that your tank caught with an hard CC,
that is pretty fair.
To conclude, i'm repeating myself, but I dont like current PBE R, i would rather a shorter range with better radius to keep Xerath impact in a team fight.
I understand the desire for this request. This is a viable alternate ultimate. However, it detracts from our original goal of pushing one knob to 11 on Xerath - his range. It's a reasonable discussion to have here. However, considering that the new "W" spell allows you to throw out indiscriminate damage at a fairly safe range during a team fight, that doesn't seem like a niche he has to satisfy.
BTW, one note I want to mention:
The majority if not all of the range gains Xerath got from Locus of Power have been baked into the base spells. This is a pretty substantial buff to his potential safety.Mah Xelnath, I know you must be pretty tired about this rework already. But as someone who has xerath as most played ranked champ with over 200 plays and my 2nd most played champ has only been touched 15 times.I cannot be much more active than I am right now.
I really love xerath. The feeling that waiting and positioning is important just like a sniper runs to a vantage point and aims for the perfect target, calculates the wind, checks the terrain, Shoots and runs before he is then caught.
Would u please be a bit more active in the forums and reply a bit more. I see a ton of people GIVING DIFFERENT ideas, all of which donot an art rework and are not as hard to do, yet all u say is "the community is very receptive of this and I like it"
Heimerdinger Community is a happy receptive community. We are the opposite. We are a community scared of losing our champ identity and we are relying on you to understand that.
But if ima lose my Hit and run for charge and release
My long range burst for a longer range artillery
my hard combo for soft combos
and Armor for Mana passive
What exactly is left for my gameplay?
You say he is competitive, I belive you
You say he will be picked more and have a better win rate I believe that as well
You say the Stun and SLow will come in handy I know that
You say He is xerath, Now i dont buy that one
Xerath still has a line nuke. The ability to trade mobility for range. A ranged single target stun. Combos which flow naturally from that kit. Xerath is still extremely positioning sensitive. He just doesn't get to cheat with a 4 second cooldown 2 second dash that provides 40% spell penetration.
Spell flow wise, E->W is like E->R. E->Q is solid harass. These flows are the same. He still ignores a significant portion of the enemy's magic resistance.
He is still has long range on these base spells and effects. Finally, he has a new long-range attack that is unparalled in the game. No other champion gets the opportunity to snipe off two opponents fleeing in opposite directions at critical health.
However, I am going to stop posting for a while. I really do know better, but still got drawn into this. Each time I posit how he is similar, has the same button flow, someone will write a list explaining how he has changed.
Yes, he has changed. Yes, this is highly disruptive. Yes, you won't be as good with Xerath rework day 1 as you are now at day 500 of live Xerath. However, everything about his kit screams Xerath - long range line poke, crushing AoE damage, extreme safety and importance of paying attention to positioning. Finishing off weak champions in lane with ultimate after poking them down to a vulnerable state.The other nob you can adjust is delay. Like say... if you could charge it. :-DI think thats a very cool idea - and one I wanted to try on a champion someday. However, after playing with it, we realized that having 2-3 charge-up abilities was very flow disruptive and destroyed the ability to combo your spells together.
Quick and small shot, or slow big AoE.Karthus....Okay. You got me therecan we get some of your thoughts on the Reduction coolodnw /Ammo Charge idea system for the ultimate?If we put ammo on the ultimate, or a cooldown refund for not firing all of the shots, it encourages Xerath players to be more timid about using their ability. We don't want that. We want you to be in siege mode and maximize your ability. You should not be second guessing yourself during ultimate - with the exception of "oh ****, someone's coming, I need to leave ultimate mode NOW to run!"
Do you feel this would be disruptive, TBH I would love to feel rewarded to know when not to use more charges than necessary.
Even if the payback was only mana or anything line that, any mechanism that rewards not using your full ult would be a good one imoHey there,On the topic of Locus of Destruction - I don't want to flatten the damage too much. Maybe go from 60 to 50 with some small base damage increase. I agree the outer slow is very weak at 10%. Will discuss with Zenon today.
Thanks for posting so much for us! Despite my tone, I hope I didn't come off as negative, just critical I suppose.
Can you read my previous post with regards to shuffling his spells a bit? His W is just a bit too much to land the 'sweet spot' on I feel and the things I suggested may allow for some better changes?