Important: Unofficial PBE Patch Notes for 12/11/2013 - Snowdown Login Screen and Music, Unofficial PBE Patch Notes for 12/10/2013 - Winter Summoner Icons, Akali, Blitzcrank, Ezreal and Katarina LE Skins Load Screens
Riot Games API Launches Into Beta
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)
We hit the launch button on the Riot Games API beta, and we’re ready for you to play with it, make some cool stuff with it, then tell us what works and what doesn’t. We’ll have real news to share once we see the kind of awesome that developers create with all of these stats and data.
Community contributions really make the League of Legends game experience, so we’re stoked to share the API that the community’s been craving for a while. Even without this API, community devs build tools and apps that bring more to the overall player experience, so we can’t wait to see what happens when they have the keys to the data kingdom and better raw materials.
So here are the details. You can use the API as a solid foundation to build all kinds of tools and services on websites or mobile apps. To get started, just log into the developer portal with your League of Legends account info, and you’ll automatically be given a demo key that’ll let you experiment with the API. Once you have an app that’s player-ready, you can apply for a production-level API key. We’re limiting the number of production-level keys we give out at launch, but feel free to submit your apps for review. It’ll help us understand how you use the API, so we can make the right improvements.
So what does “beta” even mean for a bunch of raw data? We’re working out the glitches and improving as we go. We’ll know it’s time to leave beta behind when we get there. While we’re testing the tool, we want loads of feedback – all the feedback. We want you to show us how you use the API and tell us what could be better. We’ll gather that feedback and make a lot of changes, so you'll have an easier path from raw materials to awesome. The developer site’s home to API documentation, but equally important; it’s a place for discussion and feedback around the API and your projects.
OK, so those were only some of the details. To get more info, check out the Getting Started guide, thedeveloper guidelines and answers to frequently asked questions. No question’s a dumb question, but check first ‘cause you might already have the answer. We’re excited to see what the community creates – and don’t forget to join the discussion and tell us what you think.
New Support Champ Coming Early 2014
Originally Posted by Riot (View RedTracker Source)Just wondering.. they did change up the champion release schedule significantly.We did originally expect we'd release a second support in 2013, when we decided to slow down our new champion release rate that support slot got pushed into 2014 instead however. As a result we've got an upcoming support fairly early on in next year's lineup.
I hope their promise is still intact!Meddler, no idea if you're still here or not, but I can't seem to get an answer from anyone and it saddens me that no one will address this. Is Zilean getting any work soon? I don't want a VU. I don't want his QWER changed. All I ask is that his Passive be changed to something more useful. After 10 minutes, it's basically useless. I could argue pretty strongly that it's useless all game as well.We're hoping to do some gameplay work on him next year. It's a far enough out project we don't have specific kit changes in mind yet, it'll almost certainly involve a new passive with more interaction to it though. I'll pass on the suggestion of a forum thread to the Rioter who'll be looking at him, those discussions have been extremely valuable in the past.
Please tell me there are some plans down the line for someone to come on here and do the "Let's talk about Zilean" thread like what happened with Heimer, Xerath, and a few others.
Tips On Picking Support Runes
Originally Posted by Riot (View RedTracker Source)Imho, as you're asking for generic runes, I guess support is not your main role, so here's my advice and reasoning behind:
Reds: Armor - You could run armor/magicpen (hybrid) or magicpen, but as generic, I prefer to run armor as I can just play any support champion without losing any stats, plus I'd play more comfortable as I'll be tanky.
Yellows: Armor - Armor yellows are one of the most powerful runes in my opinion, and I didn't find anything that would suit better than this. Maybe manareg would be cool as well, but I dont need that much amount of manareg as I normally go base with some mana. I barely went to base because of mana issues.
Blues: Flat magicresist - Even though scaling could be tempting, I prefer flat ones as I'm always in need of helping my ADc to being able to farm during the laning phase, which is early game. Because of that, I prefer running the flat ones.
Quints: Even though gold, ap, magicpen or damage could be cool, as it's generic I'd advice HP. This is a stat that all champions can use, while the rest are quite dependant, and not always useful. I'd run flat HP quints , but again, that's my opinion! ^^
CertainlyT on Thresh's Kit
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)
Ahem, as the person who designed Thresh's kit, I never intended to him to be able to Flash mid-cast. It never even occurred to me that the spell would fire from his end position, not his start position.
But with all that said, the change wasn't made because we didn't intend for it -- unintended cool plays are things we as designers love to see players come up with. We removed the Q+flash interaction on Thresh because that combo was not consistent with the gameplay of the ability -- it has a long cast time to make enemy dodging more possible than with typical skillshots. Q+Flash broke that.
10/12 - Lag Issues
Originally Posted by Riot (View RedTracker Source)Summoners,
We're currently aware that you may be experiencing lag.
To alleviate some of the pain, we have disabled Ranked Queues and enabled Loss Forgiven as of 19:05 GMT.
We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience at this time.
[3.15] Verified Bug Reports (Updated 12/10)
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)
This is the current list of tester-reported verified issues on the 3.15 beta version of League of Legends, and was last updated Dec 10.
VERIFIED ISSUES (thanks for reporting!)
- The Summoner profile tab of the AIR client becomes locked on the profile of the first summoner you search for
- "Missing Required Variable" error messages are frequently appearing
- When disabling sound effects, sound effects will continue to play in your next game if League of Legends is minimized, up until it is maximized
- In-game scrolling occasionally breaks entirely. Please visit this thread for the known work-around so you can continue to test until we develop a fix.
- AI units are not registering other units, resulting in errant movement and attack behavior.
- The in-game store will occasionally fail to either load or generate an error message, resulting in a completely blank page
- Snowstorm Sivir and Snow Day Singed remain purchasable after being unlocked
- Judgment (E) is missing its first tick (only applying damage and effects 5 out of 6 times)
- Zephyr (W) can scale past 100% slow, preventing the target from moving
- Martial Cadence (Passive) triggers on towers
- Martial Cadence (Passive) animation and sound effect randomly triggers on autoattacks which are not amplified by its effects
- Autoattacks affected by this bug deal no damage to inhibitors
- Slaying Malzahar also kills active Voidlings, granting additional last-hit gold for each Voidling on top of Malzahar's kill bounty
- If Malzahar dies when Summon Voidling (Passive) is ready to activate, a Voidling will spawn but perform no action
- If Malzahar casts Malefic Visions (E) shortly before dying, the spawned Voidling will follow (but not attack) the affected target
- Ki Burst (W) and Wind Slash (R) are using placeholder particles (blue squares)
- The "Ready to cast" buff icon for Wind Slash (R) remains on Riven's buff bar until Blade of the Exile expires, regardless of when Riven casts Wind Slash.
- When facing an enemy Singed, Poison Trail (Q)'s particles disappear if Singed leaves your team's vision, but will continue to apply damage and effects
- Gemcraft (Passive) triggers off incomplete spellcasts
- Death Sentence (Q) cauess Thresh's chain to vanish when he enters the 'throw' animation
- Ambush (Q) cooldown initiates on cast and restarts again when leaving stealth
- Decoy (W) clone heals itself instead of Wukong when picking up health relics
- An error message is displayed when loading into a game with Yasuo
- When silenced, Basic attacks are disabled if they would critically strike
- Taunt and joke animations don't play while Yasuo's sword is unsheathed
- After capturing the Greater Relic in Dominion, Yasuo is stuck in his "capturing" animation until using an ability
- Tiamat and Ravenous Hydra active effects don't trigger Yasuo's attack animation
- Yasuo does not resheathe his sword for the rest of the game after using Tiamat's active effect
- Intent/Resolve (Passive)
- Flow is referred to as "resource" in several places and "Heat" in the in-game Champion profile menu (C menu)
- Flow is generated when Yasuo recalls
- After purchasing an item with critical strike chance, Intent takes a few seconds to add additional critical strike chance.
- Steel Tempest (Q)
Only applies on-hit effects to the first target hitCertainlyT has clarified that this is the intended functionality.
- When used with Sweeping Blade (E), the Q stack icon displays an error message
- Critical strike Q damage isn't properly amplified by Infinity Edge's passive
- The whirlwind proc isn't applying on-hit effects
- Wind Wall (W)
- Currently blocking tower shots, generating error messages when shots are blocked
- Outer tower shots are not being blocked (this is the intended behavior for all towers)
- Wind Wall (W) blocks Vi's Assault and Battery (R) if cast second
- If Wind Wall (W) blocks Draven's Whirling Death (R), Draven must press R again before Whirling Death's cooldown initiates
- Ranged jungle monsters become completely idle if Wind Wall is placed between them and Yasuo
- Caster and Cannon minions do not autoattack if Wind Wall is placed between them and Yasuo
- Sweeping Blade (E)
- Yasuo ignores unit collision while he has stacks of Ride the Wind (Sweeping Blade's damage amplification effect)
- Last Breath (R)
- When Last Breath's target dies mid-cast, the target immediately falls to the ground while Yasuo stays suspended in the air for the remainder of Last Breath's duration
- Liandry's Torment
- Attributed as "zephyrslamentburn" with no icon in the Death recap screen
- Spirit of the Spectral Wraith
- The entire tooltip is displayed in gold font
- Scrying Orb (blue trinket)
- Scrying Orb is unpurchasable
- In Custom games, enemy bots will not react to the player's lane choices if bots are also added to the player's team
- Damage from Baron Nashor isn't recorded in the Death recap screen
- Several brush patches have blind spots
The Crystal Scar
- The end-of-game screen for Dominion incorrectly uses Summoner's Rift iconography in its column headers if the previous match played was on Summoner's Rift
- Stat gains in several masteries are improperly phrased
- The Offensive mastery Executioner (T3) is increasing damage against minions and monsters
- Defensive masteries Tenacious (T5) and Legendary Guardian (T6) have their names reversed
Menus & UI
- Ally team kills are misplaced on the Scoreboard (tab menu)
- Jinx's Zap! (W) creates extraneous pink lines on the map