Unofficial PBE Patch Notes for 1/24/2014
New Kassadin Particles
New Scorched Earth Renekton Particles
New Summoner Icons
New Soraka Ability Icons
PBE Client Changes:
(Those are changes you can see in-game, but make sure to check out the changes from yesterday's patch which got reverted and now are back in, I have excluded them from today's patch notes, so that there won't be any messes)
- Explosive Cask [ R ] - Now deals 150/250/350 damage (up from 150/200/250 compared to last PBE patch)
- Explosive Cask [ R ] - Damage now scales with 0.8*AP (up from 0.6*AP compared to last PBE patch)
- Explosive Cask [ R ] - Cooldown is now 100/90/80 Seconds (up from 100/75/50 compared to last PBE patch)
- Riftwalk [ R ] - Now deals 60/90/120 damage (down from 80/100/120 compared to last PBE patch)
- Riftwalk [ R ] - Time for subsequent Riftwalks is now 12 seconds (up from 8 seconds compared to last PBE patch)
- Riftwalk [ R ] - Each subsequent Riftwalk now costs 100/125/150 additional Mana (up from 100 at all ranks - this change was initially presented yesterday)
- Riftwalk [ R ] - Each subsequent Riftwalk now deals 35/40/60 damage (down from 50/55/60 compared to last PBE patch)
- Divine Blessing [ W ] - Movement speed granted to an allied champion now scales with 0.08*AP% (down from 0.1*AP% compared to last PBE patch)
- Valor [ E ] - Now blocks 90/120/150/180/210 incoming damage (up from 80/110/140/170/200 compared to last PBE patch)
- Song of Celerity [ E ] - Activation: Movement Speed granted to nearby allies now scales with 0.02*AP% (down from 0.04*AP% compared to last PBE patch)
- Song of Celerity [ E ] - Power Chord - Tempo: Slow now scales with 0.02*AP% (down from 0.04*AP% compared to last PBE patch)
- Stasis Orb [ E ] - Renamed to Shocking Orb
- Ascension [ R ] - Renamed to Rite of the Arcane
- Flame Chompers! [ E ] - Reverted to live values
AIR Client-Only Changes
VERY IMPORTANT!!! Some of them are way off, so take them with caution and keep in mind they MIGHT be implemented in-game, but also might not.
- Base Movement Speed is now 350 (up from 340)
- Crescent Sweep [ R ] - Damage limit now applies to monsters AND MINIONS (changed from monsters only)
Lunar Revel icon crediting method now on PBE!
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)
DISCLAIMER! Icons and rules WILL change based on region when this feature is live. (Oceania and Latin America regions will have a different set of rules)
Help me find any issues with this system. I welcome both feedback and bugs. I hope this to run from now through the end of the event on the live servers. Direct your friends here on PBE to help test. Also feel free to add me on the PBE and I may be able to respond there as well in certain circumstances.
Summoner Icon Rewards
How do I earn the summoner icon rewards?
There are four icons to earn during the Lunar Revel:
The Year of the Horse Icon: To earn this icon, you must play and win a game in a matchmade queue. Custom games do not count, but you do not have to play with friends to earn the Year of the Horse Icon. Games against AI or “bot” opponents will not count.
Icon of Lunar Goddess Diana: To earn this icon, you must enter a matchmade queue (not a custom game) with at least one friend and finish two games on Twisted Treeline or the Crystal Scar (Dominion game-mode). Games against AI or “bot” opponents will not count.
Icon of Dragonblade Riven: To earn this icon, you must enter a matchmade queue (not a custom game) with at least one friend and finish two games on Howling Abyss.
Icon of Warring Kingdoms Tryndamere: To earn this icon, you must enter a matchmade queue (not a custom game) with at least one friend and finish two games on Summoner’s Rift. Games against AI or “bot” opponents will not count.
When do I get my icons? The summoner icons are added by script, so they may not be available on your account immediately after you unlock them. You should receive your icons no later than three days after the event ends. For the PBE please let me know if you do not receive them within 6 hours.
Do bot or custom games count? No, you will have to enter queue with friends.
How many allies (friends) have to join me in the games? If you play with at least one friend, it will count towards the icon.
Do I have to earn them in a particular order? No, feel free to earn them in any order.
I have already earned some icons, why? I started the script looking at games from 2014-01-21 00:00:00 PST. This is so I could observe and get some small problems out before I launched it publicly to the PBE.
How can I find friends on the PBE? Just join one of the public chat room (hit the chat room button, the middle button in the bottom right after logging in) and ask. You can also try to guarantee other people are in the same queue as you there.
About Tonight's PBE Build
Note: This was posted 4 hours ago, so the timing is a bit off.
Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)
I wanted to follow up on yesterday's PBE crash thread and let you know that thanks to your submitted bugsplats and repro steps for your individual crashes, we've been able to fix or mitigate the biggest causes of yesterday's widespread issues - enough to get to a point where we'll be deploying an update in a few minutes.
Gotta let you know there are still a couple crashes that we're trying to get more information about, though. Our thinking with tonight's deploy is that the new fixes will expose repro steps for the last few problems, at which point we'll be able to kill them off and get back to business as usual.
Last note - The teams wanted me to let you guys know that even though they're heads-down working on fixes right now, they really appreciate your trust and support over the past day and a half. Keep being awesome, testers :)