I am really excited for the Poppy visual update, but I do have some concerns with what is being changed. All rumors of course, but I heard that her passive is being nerfed, and I for one personally think her passive is what makes her so great! She has a pretty weak late game if you aren't premade, I have had luck with some friends when we break the meta, going support Poppy with Vayne for the wall stun advantage. We also tried Blitzcrank with Poppy, and had great success. People like Ezreal, when he gets an Iceborn, will shut Poppy down to a useless point, due to his ability to kite, escape, and control his opponent (With the skillshot of course). Making her early game as a solo queuer or just solo lane play stronger would be lovely, but I love how she shows her true ability to crush the opposing team in her late game. Which as most nerfs, you cant take a strong late game champ, and give them a strong early game, on top of the strong late game, because you wouldn't hear the end of it until it was nerfed, then she will be over nerfed. I make all these points because she is one of my main character. This was just for her play.... Now for the real talk.
Poppy is a an ancient visual piece of clunky mess compared to others. Her Battle Regalia skin clashes a bit due to her black on the top of her helmet, with the HUGE white pigtails. It just doesn't look good in my opinion, and I have discussed it with others and they agree. I can't really throw any ideas out for you, maybe just a visual overhaul will fix it, but you can't really change her pigtails because thats the troll part that makes her so funny to play. I can't say anything about her other skin, I have never seen it in game. Maybe form her skins around the pigtails or something. Just some stuff in my mind.
@Ironstylus
@Morello
@Grumpy Monkey
@Riot
@Relaunch Team
We are talking about poppy. Whenever we talk about poppy though, the conversation goes meta, and we inevitably start talking about female yordles, then yordles in general. Its tricky and will take a lot of discussion and careful planning.
What does Poppy need in terms of a VU? I don't really see any problems. I especially love the ingame model for the Scarlet Hammer skin. I'd play Poppy all the time just for that skin if I was any good at her.
That was the first skin I ever made when I came to Riot. Poppy has some sentimental value for me. I want her to be awesome from a visual standpoint.
Quote:
Type up thoughts, hope for serious answer, get this... Then thread dies. GG.
As far as gameplay tweaks and changes I can't say. From a visual standpoint I think it goes beyond poppy and more into solidifying yordles as a species or racial group. So yeah, lots of discussion and work to be done there.
And then you have that creepy moment in Riot HQ when no one can remember who actually made lollipoppy.
Nobody knows. It just showed up in patch .666 in beta. We can't even find the source files to delete them. Qqroon got close to finding the files but his computer bricked and he got stigmata. So we don't mess with it anymore.
One of the things I noticed (and love) about yordles is that the yordle women tend to look more human - almost like traditional gnomes - while the yordle men tend to have a lot more rodent features. I think this adds a ton of interest to the race as a whole. I hope you don't lose this.
I have heard this opinion before. Why is having the females look like a different race preferable to having them look like they belong? For the record, I am open to both ideas, leaving them as is, or changing them slightly. Whatever is best for the fantasy imo.
I guess the real challenge is to push females to look like they belong to the yordle race, while at the same time keeping the sexual dimorphisim that the old fans like. Personally I don't like it when new players have no idea that Teemo and Tristana come from the same place. A visual connection needs to be made. How dramatic a connection is something we will have to explore. Lulu is a good example I think. She has a bit of fur on her pointy ears, and sharp incisors. That could be enough, but again, like I said it needs exploration.
And yes Corki and Heimer will look like proper yordles when the time comes, it most likely will be a few subtle changes, to connect them to the race, while keeping the character in tact.
Nobody knows. It just showed up in patch .666 in beta. We can't even find the source files to delete them. Qqroon got close to finding the files but his computer bricked and he got stigmata. So we don't mess with it anymore.
...I... what? Y-you told me that never happened! I knew the nightmares were true!
Poppy the Iron Ambassador UPDATE
Poppy is a an ancient visual piece of clunky mess compared to others. Her Battle Regalia skin clashes a bit due to her black on the top of her helmet, with the HUGE white pigtails. It just doesn't look good in my opinion, and I have discussed it with others and they agree. I can't really throw any ideas out for you, maybe just a visual overhaul will fix it, but you can't really change her pigtails because thats the troll part that makes her so funny to play. I can't say anything about her other skin, I have never seen it in game. Maybe form her skins around the pigtails or something. Just some stuff in my mind.
@Ironstylus
@Morello
@Grumpy Monkey
@Riot
@Relaunch Team
And yes Corki and Heimer will look like proper yordles when the time comes, it most likely will be a few subtle changes, to connect them to the race, while keeping the character in tact.