Galio walks into a bar...

• ...and no one picks him. Then a single tear drops from his eye.

I think he should be 3150 IMO. This would achieve a number of beneficial things:

1. More people might buy and try; boosting his pick rate.
    2. I would be able to buy him without farming 1000 more ip.
    3. Champions have not been repriced in a while... -_-

I thought we were officially promised a repricing of champions every now and again by Riot, but they only did this once, several months ago.
  • Quote:
    galio needs serious attention.
    agreed! i want to give galio some serious attention soon. my current plan is to try to get some changes on the pbe before 3.12 is released.
    (like all plans, the above is subject to change.)

Quote:
    last i read, ricklessabandon was thinking about adding mr scaling onto his abilities like ryze's passive and then possbily giving his passive an extra effect (just like ryze).
    yes, one of the changes i want to try is putting the magic resist ratios directly in his abilities so he can get a new passive.

Quote:
    honestly, he is supposed to be a mage counter, and he does not even get mr per level while being melee...
    two-part response:
    first, i'm going to give galio mr/level in my early tests and see how it goes. i totally expect it to be fine, but 'no promises' and all that.
    second, galio isn't really supposed to be a mage counter. his kit doesn't really have anything you'd expect on an anti-mage. sure, he's generally good/annoying against the du couteau house and a handful of other champions, but that's more due to bulwark being particularly effective versus periodic and multi-hit damage than his overall kit. that said, people definitely think of him as resilient against magic so i think it will be worthwhile to make that aspect of him a bit more pronounced.
  • i'm all for consistency. :3
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Worst jungles sm View Post
    Anything to say about the repricing of champs? or is that for another person to answer.
    another. all the pricing info i have i got from reading the forums, which is to say i'm fairly out of touch with the folks that work with the pricing model and schedule.
  • Quote:
    Honestly I feel like Galio would be really well off with being changed to ranged. Is that possible at all? Also, his ult (in my opinion) either needs a lower cooldown or make him immune to CC during the duration. Do you have any thoughts on either of these ideas?
    i want to avoid talking too much in hypotheticals until there's at least some playable changes on the pbe (since that will more or less mark the 'start' of the project) but i can touch on the first question quickly.

i think it's very unlikely that galio will become a ranged champion. in terms of scope, that would require both animation and visual effects resources—asking for more hands on this is something we'd only want to do if it were absolutely necessary (or totally awesome to the point of becoming necessary), and i don't think that will be the case here. also, i imagine such a change would drastically change the feel of galio for uncertain gains. basically, i don't imagine the change would be worth it.