Why do Snares interrupt Lucian's Ultimate?

• I really hope this is a bug, and not by design...
  • Good news, bad news:

The Culling is not cancelled by snares/roots. I wonder if you are conflating Amumu's Curse of the Sad Mummy with snares, Amumu's effect also prevents attacking.

This seems odd to me, since the Culling is a spell. I'll talk to Zenon about it.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Valenten View Post
    Silence shouldnt stop his ult either cause its not a channel but meh... THERE IS NO LITTLE BAR THAT INDICATES ITS A CHANNEL.
    Silence also does not seem to interrupt The Culling. Where is everyone getting their information? I'm admittedly testing on a more recent build, but don't see any changes to his spells checked in that would allow for this.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trazier View Post
    I'm going by what you see when you move the mouse over their R ability. If they basically do not channel, then someone in the Engrish department needs to fix that, because something was lost in the translation to the mandarin our overlords speak.
    Neither of these spells are actually channels. I'll change the tooltips (patch 3.12 not 3.11). Thanks for pointing this out... that is indeed confusing.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
    When is your next champion coming out?
    My next champ will be storming Summoner's Rift directly after our next addition to the League. GypsyLord's second champ stole the spot ahead of me.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
    My next champ will be storming Summoner's Rift directly after our next addition to the League. GypsyLord's second champ stole the spot ahead of me.
    soon...
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
    soon...
    No (tm)? You've jinxed us.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by KRSD View Post
    While The Culling is being looked into, I'd also like to ask about the direction the game believes he is facing for the purpose of abilities. I have read that in regards to Backstab and Mocking Shout, Lucian is considered facing the direction he is moving and not the direction in which he truly is facing and firing.

While that may be a minor inconvenience to some, this would also imply that something potentially used to stop his ultimate, Cass's ult, has the same issue. I don't own Lucian and none of my friends that do are awake at the moment to help test, so if someone would mind testing and verifying if this is true, it'd be appreciated. If Cass can't petrify someone staring right at her simply because he's moving backwards, that doesn't seem quite right.
    You are right -- this interaction is buggy.

We just had a meeting on this today ("meeting" here means a conversation in the design pit where everyone works) -- Lucian's ult doesn't actually lock his facing for the purpose of our game engine, so yes it messes with Cassiopeia's Ult, as well as Mocking Shout and Backstab. We are not going to fix it for 3.11 because it requires re-writing some of our oldest, dustiest game code to account for animations but will hopefully have a fix in as soon as is possible. Note Skarner also "lies" about his facing when he is ulting (and maybe Caitlyn while moving from Yordle snap trap?), so we'll finally be able to fix that interaction as well.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
    No (tm)? You've jinxed us.
    Yeah I suppose exact dates are still up in the air.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phlasc View Post
    CertainlyT, while you are here I would like to say that Lucian is bugged with Sivir's Spell Shield. His Q will deal damage to her when it's up and still pop it. Not sure if this is intended but I am pretty sure that is not how it is supposed to work.
    Just checked this. Seems to be working. Shield gets popped and Q deals no damage.