Legendary Kayle Skin Idea

• ============================
    ADDENDUM NOW THAT AETHER KAYLE IS OUT...
    ============================

Riot went a completely different direction with the skin, and in my opinion, severely under-executed. If we were going to receive Hextech Kayle as the legendary, then it should have been fully-fleshed out and properly executed.

While I was browsing the webz, I discovered that someone on Deviant Art agreed: so, here is how Aether Wing Kayle SHOULD have been executed

With Helmet: http://raiyca.deviantart.com/art/Aet...rmor-347798044

No Helmet: http://i.imgur.com/uszqc.png

Riot's Aether Kayle for Comparison: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nSNo9v6x3s...1600/kayle.png

The modifications made to that skin actually push it to the legendary status that it claims to have right now. Maybe Riot might actually go back and modify things...but I have little hope of that.

(Open the No Helmet and Riot's Aether Kayle side-by-side and then try and tell me that Riot executed the skin in a "legendary" manner...it doesn't fly. I mean c'mon...there is no reason WHY Kayle's legendary shouldn't have been all-out, full-throttle, kickass. Why wasn't the effort put in to really give it that final "oomph" when it could have been so simple to do?)

To be perfectly clear, I'm not asking that Riot go back and change the Legendary skin to suit what my original skin idea was. I'm just disappointed that Riot did not execute fully on what could have been a REALLY kickass skin. Their route with the whole hextech/Aether Wing Kayle was fine, but they did NOT do enough to her. They didn't push the bar and really make the skin legendary...see the above image links again for what I mean.

TL;DR IS IN BULLETS RIGHT HERE

Kayle should get a legendary skin similar in appearance to a Seraph

• I’m talking six wings, top and bottom pairs flapping in unison, middle pair on different beat

• An uber-halo that is oriented vertically against her back (rather than over her head) when her flame sword is active (like a huge friggin flaming corona)

• Different particle/animation effects for her spells

• And an otherworldly voiceover

• Use your imagination and picture the awesome

Legendary Skin - Empyrean Kayle

Been playing Kayle as my main for a long time now (since before the most recent "rework", which I'm not the greatest fan of, but that's beside the point). While I've really been enjoying my Battleborn skin ever since I bought it the day after I unlocked Kayle a long while ago, I've really been itching for her to have a legendary skin.

I've had this idea for a while now, but since Demonblade Tryndamere came out I really tried fleshing it out a tad more (though obviously I’m posting this idea much later). Hopefully someone at Riot agrees/the community thinks this is a cool idea, so here's my legendary skin idea for Kayle:

APPEARANCE DESCRIPTION

[center]=== SIX-WINGED ANGEL ===[/center]

She would have six wings (3 sets of 2 each: top, middle, bottom, all originating from along her shoulder/middle back/lower back). Each pair of wings should be animated separately so that all six wings don’t flap together with the same motion at once. Ideally, the top and bottom pairs would flap in unison while the middle pair would flap in between the flapping motions of the other two wing pairs. Oh, and her wings should be colored to properly complement her outfit color (not like the oddly-colored Judgement Kayle wings…though maybe that's just me)

[center]=== VERTICALLY-ORIENTED HALO ===[/center]

With Righteous Fury/her flaming sword ability active rather than displaying the default flaming halo she would have a vertically oriented halo centered along her back. Sort of a massive solar corona (picture the white ring during a solar eclipse. Remove the black, and put Kayle in the middle. White ring = massive flaming vertically-oriented halo.) The edge of the corona/halo would extend to maybe half of her wing length, but no farther.

For a wicked cool effect (at least, in my opinion) Kayle’s wings should fold inward while her Righteous Fury is active as well. The top pair would fold inward so that the tips of the wings cover her eyes, and the bottom wing pair would fold inward to cover her feet (her middle pair would continue to flap normally, not folding inward). This visual effect would last only as long as her flaming sword is up (along with the vertically-oriented flaming halo), afterwards her wing positions and animations would return to normal.

Now that super flaming halo might be a bit much with 6 wings, but it's supposed to be a LEGENDARY skin idea, so I'm rollin’ with it

[center]=== OTHERWORLDLY HAIR/FACE/EYES ===[/center]

I could see her hair being white, but rather than having that Battleborn "normal hair"-look to it, it would have an almost floating aspect. It would appear to almost always have a slight breeze passing through it, so that there’s some lively movement rather than some settled hair resting quietly on her shoulders. What I'm trying to suggest on Kayle's hair is akin to having a "living wind/breeze" constantly jostle/cause certain parts of her hair to levitate slightly, almost rhythmically in tune with her wing flaps.

Kayle's eyes should naturally have that divine-rage glow, similar to the Judgement Kayle's eyes in the splash artwork for that skin. Her face on this legendary skin should be exposed (no hood or helmet covering it), and it should be "pretty" (along the lines of the Battleborn character model's face).

[center]=== CLOTHING/ARMOR IDEAS ===[/center]

As far as clothing, this Legendary Kayle would be dressed in layers. She would be wearing a sort of fine/light robe that extends down to her ankles but with slits in the sides for her legs (almost like a long tabard or surcoat). The slits in the robe would allow freedom of movement for her legs, which would be fully armored.

A leather belt would be tied around her waist and the excess length of the belt would hang down the front of her lower robe. The belt’s buckle would be a blazing sun or some other semi-religious motif fit for use in League of Legends.

The front/chest portion of the robe would hang low to her waist, so as to partially expose her breastplate. The front of her breastplate could have a blazing sun, or some other semi-religious motif fit for use in League of Legends. There would be no arm coverings on this robe-like clothing, instead Kayle’s arms would be exposed and covered in gauntlets/vambraces/armor of the same style as her breastplate.

(In case it’s not obvious, I don’t have the greatest idea for her armor/clothing appearance, so please don’t judge the legendary skin idea based upon that. Definitely open to whatever clothing/armor design ideas or suggestions others can come up with)

Here's an alternative idea that macabredance suggested, which I'll expand on a tad:

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by macabredance View Post
    Also, since she's a seraph, I think she should have some kind fire particle instead of armor under her robes. Her skin would still be normal though.
    </td></tr></table>
    This would look pretty cool (in my opinion) if done right while also incorporating more of the seraph concept. Kayle's flesh should still look "solid" and like "skin", but it should have that flame-touched look to it, almost as if she's applied a coat of "fiery bronzer" (if that makes sense) over her skin. The tiniest particles of flames and burning light should dance and gleam subtly across her skin. If the effect is pulled off right and not overdone (so that Kayle doesn't look like a torch in a robe) then it might end up being a pretty cool route to take, appearance-wise.

[center]=== WEAPON IDEAS ===[/center]

I could see Kayle using a sword once more. Or maybe even two swords...(which would probably look pretty sick with high attack speed/flinging righteous flames from one sword alternately after the other).

Personally, I wouldn't mind a weapon mix-up. I'm kind of leaning towards an elaborate spear, where the tip itself is composed of an elongated spearhead with several prongs on each side of the spearhead in the shape of bladed angelic wings (but none extending beyond the tip of the spear itself). The butt of the spear could be shaped to be a blazing sun with multiple rays extending outward, with the bottom/southernmost ray being longer than the others in the same manner as the spear tip.

Kayle's combat animations would be adjusted such that she made use of more sweeping motions than thrusts (so that range when melee attacking doesn't look so deceiving/odd/unrealistic, not to mention she'd get more use out of the blades on the side of the spear tip that way). All thrust attacks would be done with the spear wielded in one hand, while the sweeps could be either two-handed or one-handed (and would make use of the butt of the spear as well). With Righteous Fury active Kayle would favor more thrust-animation attacks (as if she is throwing/directing/guiding the flames with the point of the spear), but would still make use of the sweeping motions. (Just think like a 60/40 sweeping/thrusting with no flames, 40/60 sweeping/thrusting with flames up).

Regardless of the weapon, it should naturally be colored to complement whatever colors/skin tone/hair color/particle effects Kayle winds up with.

PARTICLE EFFECTS & ANIMATIONS

Her [Q] would fire out a bolt of silver or golden flame (same gold as her current Ultimate particle effect color) rather than the red ball that it shoots now. A new animation of Kayle focusing all her wings forward with the firing of the beam/bolt/ball/shout (see below quote) would now accompany her Reckoning shot. (To better describe the animation, picture all Kayle's wings flapping forward at once abruptly in the very same instant in the direction of her target when she fires off her Q).

Here's an idea by macabredance for Reckoning:

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by macabredance View Post
    Actually, since seraphs are supposed to fly around God's throne all day and sing, what if her Q was her shouting, and her fireball was some holy blast from her voice.
    </td></tr></table>

Her [W] is fine for the moment (NOT the ability itself, but the animation…lol), can’t really think of a particular effect for it that would be “Cool” and fit this Seraph concept. Maybe the healing particles could be silver or golden, but all healing effects tend to remain green for consistency in League. Maybe angelic/dancing flames on the target’s feet to indicate that they are temporarily speed-boosted?

Here's a suggestion from FT Ultear for her speed boost:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FT Ultear View Post
    For her W, she could put normal angel wings on people that have the speed buff
    </td></tr></table>
    Here's another suggestion for her W from Grix (I really like this one):

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gríx View Post
    An idea for her W animation: She shrouds herself with her wings and then unfurls them in a fully-outstretched display. Sword probably held vertically in front of her. A defensive coil to a dignified, upright and outstretched stance with her blade out in front of her.
    </td></tr></table>

Her [E] would have the solar corona halo as described above, which would be either silver or golden in color. Rather than the red/orange flames of her current flaming sword, the fire would be silver/or gold in color. Same color as whatever her solar corona halo would be basically.

If going with the flame-touched skin appearance, then either color would still work depending upon what colors were chosen for Kayle's fire-kissed flesh (a "cooler"/calm silver flesh-fire, or a more pronounced/"enflamed" golden sun-fire).

Alternatively, rather than coating her blade in fire, maybe she could bathe it in a golden light, somewhat similar to Leona's sunlight particle effects. Just a thought.

Her [R] could be changed up in the following way, as suggested by Cryxlord:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cryxlord View Post
    In keeping with the seraph theme, what if the spell effect for her ult looked like 6 glowing transparent wings (like Kayle's) wrapped around the target as if they were what was shielding them from harm. Kind of like the 4th image on your post.
    </td></tr></table>
    For her death animation, all six of Kayle's wings would fold/wrap themselves around her body. Slowly some of the feathers would begin to fade out of existence as they shroud her body while light pierces through the newly formed gaps/wounds in her wings. Finally, in a bright burst of feathers and golden/silver light Kayle's body would fade from existence (until respawn time anyway!)

VOICE CHANGES

Kayle’s voice for this skin should have an almost echoing/otherworldly vibe to it. A really good example (and the first one that comes to mind at the moment) would be the way they did God’s voice when He speaks to Moses in the movie “Prince of Egypt” (don’t start a religious discussion, I’m using this as reference for designing a skin in a video game. Leave it at that.)

There would be a slight, almost “whispering echo”/aftereffect to anything she would say. Thinking about it now, I guess you could say Kayle should have cool vocal effects similar to the way Janna and Sona do.

It dawned on me later that Elysium (a character from Soul Calibur V) has vocal effects similar to what I was aiming for. The following Youtube video might help convey the ethereal nature of the voice (vid is roughly 13minutes...I suggest simply listening to the various introduction/victory quotes throughout the video. Some quick example time spots are 0:29 secs, 1:41 min in, 2:00 min in, and 3:37 min into the video). Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiGSMOPzJUM

[center]=== MOVEMENT/ATTACKING PHRASE IDEAS ===[/center]

“Justice guides my hand.”

"The Judicator approaches."

"As you will, Summoner."

“Judgement flies on swift wings.”

“I am the Angel of Death!” (Spoken randomly when moving or attacking)

“I will balance the scales.”

“I am ready Summoner: I am your avenging angel.”

“I sense evil approaching…”

“To battle I fly!” (Spoken randomly when moving or attacking)

“Together, we shall purge the Fields.”

“Judge, Jury, AND Executioner.” (goes with her title of “the Judicator”)

“There shall be no rest for the wicked.”

"No shadow can escape my light."

“Come with me. I shall protect you.”

"I am your sword and shield, Summoner."

"This one is beyond redemption!" (Spoken randomly when attacking a target enemy)

"The reckoning is upon you!" (Spoken randomly when activating [Q])

"Judgement!" or "Retribution!" (Spoken randomly when activating [Q])

"Fly; with grace!" (Spoken randomly when activating [W])

"Purifying flame!" (Spoken randomly when activating [E])

"Fear not; I am with you." (Spoken randomly when activating [R] on another ally)

[center]=== TAUNT PHRASE IDEAS ===[/center]

“It would be better for you had you never been summoned at all." (Directed at her foe)

"I am an all-consuming fire...and you look to be the perfect fuel." <Kayle flares her wings and glows/blazes brightly for a moment or two before finishing the verbal taunt>

“I can see your fear mortal…<Kayle flares her wings outward and holds her sword out at her side while her flaming halo/corona appears behind her and bursts with a bright blaze as she finishes her taunt>…and you’re not nearly terrified enough!”

[center]=== JOKE PHRASE IDEAS ===[/center]

“Behold, this circle of the Summoner’s Rift is that reserved for queue-dodgers and those wholly consumed by the rage.”

“People always ask me why I have so many wings...I tell them: 'It was either that, or four heads!' ”

“I can see your fear mortal…<Kayle flares her wings outward and holds her sword out at her side while her flaming halo/corona appears behind her and bursts with a bright blaze...then flickers and buzzes out like a dying light bulb>…and woah-uh...ARGH! Not again!”

“Ummm…<Kayle turns her head left and right a few times trying to glimpse all her wings>…how many of these things do I have?!”

"It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's...<Kayle flares her wings outwards triumphantly while lifting her sword to the sky as she finishes the joke> SUPER KAYLE!"

SUMMARY/ENDING THOUGHTS

Make it happen Riot! Kayle has a Viridian and Silver skin which are simply recolors of her default skin. She has one skin that is literally the same as her default except without a helmet (oooOOOoooo...). The Judgement Kayle skin EVERYONE has for free pretty much (and unfortunately, isn’t really too great of a skin because of a few key flaws, but that’s just my opinion). The Battleborn Kayle skin is pretty cool (again, in my opinion), but it’s nothing fantastic. So basically Kayle has 2 recolors, a skin that might as well be a recolor but without a helmet, and her Battleborn and Judgement skin.

Kayle flat-out deserves something of epic proportions. She’s a friggin ANGEL for crying out loud: in League she is supposed to represent a super-powerful otherworldly being out for justice and a mega force for righteousness. Let’s give her a skin to make her actually LOOK that way. Make it epic, make it powerful, make it LEGENDARY.

I’d write some more decent closing thoughts, but too tired to atm. Anyways, I leave the rest to Riot and to the community: contribute to the proposition, make suggestions, shoot up ideas, upvote me, downvote me, spit on the idea, or whatever have you. Preferably the more positive actions though…

EDIT NOTES & COMMENTS

EDIT 1: 10+ Upvotes! Let's keep it goin' guys! Our angelic champion needs the love!

EDIT 2: 20+ Upvotes! Will edit again at 50+, the next threshold! Let's draw some eyes guys!

EDIT 3: 52+ Upvotes! 1046 Views, 34 Posts! Looking great so far, considering the thread has only been up for one day! But c'mon guys, the angel needs more love! All those views, and only a small amount of votes: You may not buy the skin yourself or even play Kayle, but upvote it for those that do and want the Legendary skin please!!

EDIT 4: 100+ Upvotes! Great support guys, let's keep the ball rolling and let Riot know that Kayle is indeed loved!

EDIT 5: 200+ Upvotes! Celebrations are in order! However, need MOAR upvotes and MOAR attention! Let Riot know!

EDIT 6: 300+ Upvotes! Thread is moving a lot quicker now thanks to the Reds . I've added an Iona picture (second-to-last one)...can't believe I forgot about that one when I was picture hunting, as it's such a great example for the wings/garb. Also, all edits I make to highlight Red Posts will be below these general edits. Anyways, let's keep it up guys!

EDIT 7: 400+ Upvotes! Pretty sick work community. I tip my hat, but we can't rest on our laurels yet...not until we have succeeded and the legend becomes a reality!

EDIT 8: 500+ Upvotes! Also, did some cleanup and some general additions to the main post, including a picture, a Youtube link, and a few quotes and new ideas in several sections above (Weapons, Clothing/Armor, Particle Effects/Animations to name a few).

EDIT 9: 600+ Upvotes! We must continue, so that the Judicator will indeed approach, and in a skin more legendary than ever!

EDIT 10: 700+ Upvotes! Just wanted to note that adjustments were made to the formatting of the bottom half of this post as it was becoming bloated.

EDIT 11: 900+ Upvotes! I haven't been keeping up with the thread for a little while, so it's nice to come back and see the community has been keeping this one on the radar! Time to rejoin the ranks in the bumpage!

EDIT 12: 1000+ Upvotes! Where is our angelic judicator!? We need MOAR support! Riot, hear the trumpets' blast!

EDIT 13: 1302 Upvotes! I made an addendum to the main post now that Aether Wing Kayle is out. I really wish Riot had more fully executed on that skin. With just a bit more polish, a bit more "oomph" it really could have been the kickass Legendary that Kayle deserved. Instead it came out underwhelming...it was headed in a nice direction, but why didn't you guys go full-throttle on it and really execute to the best that could be done? I have added images to the top of the main post with a Deviant Art link...and that art showcases what SHOULD have been Riot's fully executed and fleshed out Aether Wing Kayle.

REDS/RIOTERS SECTION

RED 1: Holy ****! First Red Post! I <3 Leona NEARLY as much as you IronStylus...but I must argue in favor of Kayle on this one

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
    Neeeeaaaat.

So neat that I may just have to steal it and make it a Leona skin however.......
    </td></tr></table>
    RED 2: WOOT! A post from another Red! <3 the Riot love from ricklessabandon!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
    i love this idea ♥
    it makes me wonder what could be done for her sister to mirror this...

+1 for awesome angel skins.
    </td></tr></table>
    BLUES SECTION

BLUE 1:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Tyrant View Post
    Imperius skin we need! : D
    </td></tr></table>
    ART SPOTLIGHT

ART SPOTLIGHT: Credit goes to Dethant, Øñlý Œvê, whitechapel38, and serratedblade for their art contributions! If there are other artists in the house, feel free to contribute and I'll add your bits to the main post here with credit!

(Also, my apologies to the artists but the words in the quote boxes on your art has been removed to help condense the post slightly. Basically: pictures, but no words.)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dethant View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dethant.jpg
Views:	12305
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	429972
    </td></tr></table>
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Øñlý Œvê View Post

Name:	Øñlý Œvê Sketch.jpg
Views:	3265
Size:	357.3 KB
ID:	431790Click image for larger version

Name:	Øñlý Œvê Sketch 2.jpg
Views:	3393
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	432120
    </td></tr></table>
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whitechapel38 View Post

Name:	whitechapel38.jpg
Views:	2432
Size:	824.8 KB
ID:	437439
    </td></tr></table>
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by serratedblade View Post

Name:	serratedblade.JPG
Views:	4196
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	437545
    </td></tr></table>

(Also, on the pictures below the first three combined plus the last two probably best represent the style of the idea, along with the fifth for Righteous Fury being active, but all are there for reference and imagination purposes. Picture six is a somewhat decent representation of the flame-touched skin idea, though it's not perfect. And yes, mostly MTG...they do awesome angel artwork. Avacyn FTW! Hopefully it goes without saying...I do not own the art below. All credit/copyright/etc. to original authors/owners.)

(Another picture link: http://genzoman.deviantart.com/art/D...20angel&qo=189, credit to GENZOMAN. A buddy showed me this one and we agreed the first thing that we thought when seeing her face was "Kayle." A righteous fury/badass Kayle 2.0. Lacking six wings and some of the other suggested legendary features, but pretty friggin' cool nonetheless.)
  • Neeeeaaaat.

So neat that I may just have to steal it and make it a Leona skin however.......
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kyle Lokharte View Post
    Nice, Red Post, and from IronStylus! That's like...forty-three times as much win as a Red Post might normally be!

Now, to be clear, I love Leona. A lot. But I love Kayle more...so I must say I appreciate your approval, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about making it a Leona skin :P
    </td></tr></table>
    I feel it does indeed feel more appropriate for a Kayle skin. Fear not, I do not Leonafy everything I take a fancy to =D
  • i love this idea ♥
    it makes me wonder what could be done for her sister to mirror this...

+1 for awesome angel skins.