Just thought that a list should be made about what weapons.
Edit: K so many people have been saying "Oh but we have a gunblade, hextech gunblade" Or "Soraka's Divine skin has a flute" So as true as these may be, what this thread is looking for is weapons for champions to actually use on the Fields of Justice, so items in the shop or ones shown in skins don't count.
Edit (2012): Alright, one more thing that I would like to add about the above edit, is that if it's in a skin and not used it doesn't count, like Soraka's flute. However if it is in a skin and used like Hecarim's scythe, then that counts. I will be putting these guys on a separate list below.
So far we haven't seen:
- Mirror (I was thinking of that Inuyasha character Kanna)
- Wakizashi (for Iaido quick draw sword)
- Dual spear (a weapon that has a spear head on each end)
- Shawl (can be used as a weapon I've seen it before)
- Coiling Sword
Ones that people on this post mentioned
- Sling or slingshot
- Flow wand
- Chicken Sickle (This is for real, to check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_sickles)
- Dire Axe
- Three Segmented Staff
- Dual Shield
- Dual sword
- Hook swords
- Totem or Pillar
- Whip Sword
- Voice (For singing or screaming, or even make things happen with the power of suggestion like hypnotism O_O)
- Paintbrush (To draw runes or spells or something magical)
- Jousting Lance
- Twins (This was mentioned in an early post, saying that the twins coordinate normal attacks and ability, don't know if this counts but if you feel it doesn't tell me and I'll take it off)
- Ring Blade
- Chain Spear
- Strings (I guess they meant like for whipping or possibly slashing depending how lethal)
- Needles (For throwing)
- Elemental version of any weapon (listed here or already in game I suppose e.g. fire sword, ice sword, lighting bow, earth hammer, etc.)
Those that are in a skin
- Laser Cannon (Pulsefire Ezreal)
- Broom (Halloween Nidalee)
- Scythe (Reaper Hecarim)
So if you guys have any ideas for a weapon leave a comment, maybe someone from Riot might get an idea for a champion their designing ^^
Edit: Flail was taken off as our new upcoming champion Sejuani uses one ^^
Edit: Bomb is taken off now with our new champion coming Ziggs . Make sure to get him and blow stuff up guys!
Edit: Anchor is taken off as the new upcoming tank Nautilus is going to wield it.
Edit: Rapier is off the list thanks to Riot releasing Fiora!
Edit: Double Bow is now off the list as our upcoming champion Varus uses this cool weapon, can't wait!
Edit: Pet/Familiar is off the list since we have Lulu and Pix!
Edit: Water and bubbles is now off the list now with the addition of our new support Nami
Edit: Katar is taken off, cuz well everyone is right Talon uses it, and now Zed has something similar too.
Edit: Telekinesis is now off because Syndra can use it.
Edit: Warhammer is off cuz of Jayce.
Edit: Khopesh is taken off the list since someone reminded me of Dianna!
Edit: Kusarigama is off the list now that we know Thresh is on his way!
I_Edit2: Apparently NotBuzzJack said Lantern and also mentioned how it would be cool for a Shadow Isle Champion, so first sorry I missed it and also since I consider it to have been put on the list had I seen it sooner, I am putting here for Thresh as he uses one.
Quote:Flaming wooden planks.
You could fix that by making "Barn" though....
On a side note though, why isn't a bird on that list? A bird could be a very nasty weapon. Not so much via it's razor sharp talons, or piercing beak, but mainly because of friendship. Become friends with a bird, you've got a weapon for life. I should know.
Quote:Chakram.On another note, nobody really uses multiple weapon types (at once, forget Jax), such as a sword in one hand and an axe in the other. Could open up some interesting combo-based champs where you have some actual choice like Brand does with his spells.
(OK, Rengar clearly wields a couple different weapons in his splash art but nobody can tell the difference in game, right? Gangplank also obviously has a sword and a pistol but the latter is only used for spells and critical hits.)
I like where this is going.