Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by 50mm3r View Post
    They aren't changing the badges before the season ends are they? It says season 2 at the top of the page..
    </td></tr></table>
    These changes are in effect for Season 2. After the upcoming patch you'll see the new medals show up in your profile based on the new rating requirements.

    And due to the addition of Diamond tier, all of the previous tiers are now easier to achieve. So anyone who had achieved a tier already will still be at least that tier after the update.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Ecclessian View Post
    Wish I could get some of this stuff. ah well, can't win 'em all
    </td></tr></table>
    Under the new system, everyone who has finished their provisional games is at least Bronze, so as long as you're level 30, you can earn some of this stuff just by trying out Ranked.

    It might not be immediately clear but 850 isn't the new requirement for Bronze. All ratings qualify for Bronze. 850 is just the cutoff for Bronze VI, which gives you an upgrade to the look of your profile medal.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by CrispyLardon View Post
    "With the September 11th patch we’ll be rolling out improvements to Ranked play"

    There was a patch yesterday? I am so confused.
    </td></tr></table>
    The patch got pushed back a bit. It's currently slated to go out late tonight.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Anlysia View Post
    Yegg, with this new tier system, are you going to be obscuring peoples' individual Elo ratings and just referring to them by their specific tier?
    </td></tr></table>
    The profile will show your Top Rating to other players. It won't show Current Rating unless you're Diamond tier (because those players are all competing for the top spots on the ladder, which is still based on Current Rating).
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by o Canti View Post
    So i've been sitting on 1520 for a couple of months now because I don't wanna run into trolls and not get my skin for having gold. If I try to climb elo and it goes horribly horribly wrong would I still get all the gold stuff even if everything goes horribly horribly wrong. Judging by the people ive been getting into ranked games with it'll go horribly horrible wrong.
    </td></tr></table>
    Yep! That's the main reason we decided to use the highest rating from now until the end of the season. This way your Gold rewards are already locked in and it can only help you to play more games.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Chibii View Post
    Played in All Queues: achieved a tier in 5v5 solo, 5v5 team, and 3v3 team
    Special summoner icon based on the lowest tier achieved in the three queues
    So is this special summoner icon separate from the other rewards?
    </td></tr></table>
    Yes, this is a special icon just for players who have played in all three queues: Ranked Solo, Ranked 3s, and Ranked 5s. If you were Gold in all three, you'd get a Gold icon, but if you were Gold in two of the queues and Bronze in the third, you'd only get a Bronze icon here.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Ophioneus View Post
    Yegg, will this ranking system be maintained on Season 3? Most of the people will have less fear of playing ranked with Top Rating being the main argument.

    Also, this system may be "dangerous" since there are some people who buy ELO, which is forbidden by the code. Are there some measures to counteract this?
    </td></tr></table>
    Good questions! Parts of this system will be maintained, but we also have a lot more improvements and changes in the works for Season 3.

    As for buying Elo, we're going to be actively monitoring this and we're willing to remove rewards or issue other penalties if we have evidence of this or any other methods of scamming the rewards.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Morgageddon View Post
    Yegg, do you know why past highest score doesn't count?

    Starting from today would hurt a lot of people who are on the border for various tiers, or who have let their ELO decay down to minimal, not expecting the new tier system
    </td></tr></table>
    For Season 2, we've decided to use Top Rating for the final weeks of the season so that everyone could play as much as they wanted without risking rewards that they'd previously earned. The fact that this could happen in Season 1 is why many players tended to earn a tier and then just sit on their rating until the end of the season. This way they can keep playing whatever mode they like without risking anything.

    As for using Top Rating retroactively, the numbers that we had were actually inaccurate because they were never reset between Season 1 and Season 2. So the number in your profile was actually your best lifetime Top Rating, and not your Top Rating from Season 2. We felt that the best compromise was to reset the Top Ratings and then use Top Rating for rewards at the end of the season.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Cruz3r View Post
    You say we get medals on our profile but what about the Summoner Icon frames? Do those get changed? Because I do not want to keep a silver frame on my icon for the rest of my league days...
    </td></tr></table>
    Good question! Those icon frames are actually being removed at the end of this season. The new icons are much higher quality and have a border built in to them based on the tier you've achieved, so it's up to you if and when you want to show off your ranked prowess with your icon.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Basiateher View Post
    What if my accounts only has 6 games played in ranked, but i am 1500 rating. Will i be able to get rewards?
    </td></tr></table>
    Earning rewards still requires finishing all 10 of your provisional matches. I've seen some evidence of an unfortunate bug right now where ratings are visible earlier than that, so if that's indeed a bug then I'll be pushing to get it fixed because it certainly adds some confusion to whether or not you've qualified for rewards.